#252 yo to £490
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Not managed to do much with my EF for ages due to one thing and another. Going on holiday tomorrow back Friday ,then will knuckle down and get saving. Already done to orders that have been sent off to M@gic m@p;e for unwanted dvds . Money will go straight into my fund. Looking forward to the challenge again.xx
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done all. I have got Xmas covered without having to go anywhere near my EF.

Next big bill will be my car. The timing belt is due next year and the horn needs replacing. Looking at around £1k in total. Worth it though as the first item is a service item and is due.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Added £70 to my emergency fund as I got paid, current total is £667.50. I was doing the 365 day challenge (although the thread seems to have died a death) so the aim was to get to £645 this year, I've beaten that slightly. I won't be able to add any more this year, but the next target is to get it to £1,000 as soon as possible next year!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Looks like EF might be taking a bit of a bit. Told my boss what I thought of his attitude and he decided to dispense with my services. So, in the last 3 months that makes 4 members of staff let go (including 2 managers) and brings the total who have either been fired or who have quit to 10 in the last 10 months.

Still, might have a whiff of another job at a previous firm.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the job hunting Patman.

#45 update - Usual SO has gone over for me so new total is £950.00 aka 95%.

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Back from holiday where I have been very good money wise. Put the money I have brought back into my EF. No. 112 now stands at £310.43. Would like to hit the £400 by the end of the month.
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    Looks like EF might be taking a bit of a bit. Told my boss what I thought of his attitude and he decided to dispense with my services. So, in the last 3 months that makes 4 members of staff let go (including 2 managers) and brings the total who have either been fired or who have quit to 10 in the last 10 months.

Still, might have a whiff of another job at a previous firm.

Sorry not posted for ages but have tried to keep up with reading everyone's posts.

Bad news about the job situation, patman, especially at the most expensive time of year, but knowing you it won't be long before you find something else. I'm also rooting for you possibly setting up on your own as you mentioned in a previous post. With your skills you'd be very much in demand. Whatever happens on the work front, good luck:beer:

Incidentally, sounds as if your last boss was a nightmare, you're well out of it IMO. As there were so many employees leaving for various reasons it sounds as if there's something seriously wrong. Grounds for a tribunal maybe?????
  • foxyloxy11
    Options
    something wonderful round the corner PATMAN :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • foxyloxy11
    Options
    oops Forgot...quick update...a little extra gone in so total at £720.00 :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback