Options

Comments

• patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome claremylove, you are #232.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• claremylove
    claremylove Posts: 704 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Patman
    £2 coin savings club 2024 #1 £0 (2023 £754; 2022 £472; 2021 £256; 2020 £358; 2019 £512; 2018 £404; 2017 640)Saving for Xmas 202 £1 a day #4 £365 / £365 3-6 month emergency fund challenge #48 £2,377 Save a penny a day 2024 #32 £ . / £667.95 £1000 emergency fund challenge #232 £1,007/ £1,000 (achieved Nov 2020)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    patman99 wrote: »
    Welcome to our 2 newest members.
    Indigowarrior, you are #230, whilst ploppy57 is #231.

Not much to report of late as outgoings ave been matching incomings this month due to car insurance and stuff.

Thanks for adding me....starting with the megre sum of £7 but hoping it will rise quickly. :)
  • dreamtruce
    dreamtruce Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Added £20 into my EF making the total £55.
    I will be aiming to put at least £10 away each week if my finances allow it.
    I get paid on the 5th May and we're awaiting on letters to the new house to
    see how much the bills are going to be roughly, so I can't really say for definite if I can actually make this goal but I'd like to try.
    Home Deposit: £100.61|BULSFund: £50.00|EmergencyFund: £89.76 | Retirement: 5.21| Xmas 17:£10.00 |July NSD:1 / 15
  • ~FlowerPot~
    ~FlowerPot~ Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hello, I would really like to be added to this group
    Not much spare at the moment, but hoping to slowly build it up!
    Starting with £30.00 please
    Thank you
    ♥️2024 challenges
    #4 365 1p a day challenge 2024 ~ £295/£760🌸
    #6 £1 a day challenge 2024 ~ £152/366 🌸 Decluttering 2024🎖️🎖️🎖️🏅🏅🥇🌸 DS2🏅🏅DD 🥇🌸 #2 52 week Cash stuffing challenge 🌸
    PA challenge £60 a month - Jan ✅ /Feb ✅/Mar ✅ /Apr/May/ Jun/Jul/Aug /Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 🌸
  • Lumanous
    Lumanous Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, Just curious do you guys keep other savings separate from your ef? e.g. if you're saving but know the money will likely be used in future, months down line etc. do you keep these 'budgeted' items separately then have your ef literally as your 'unallocated purely for emergencies' fund?

I'm one of those with many pots but I haven't really labelled them as such, but my spreadsheet (yes finance-geek) knows where the money is spread and then budgeted for the whole year/ongoing, so just curious as to what others do :)
    :A
    No, my username is not a typo :tongue:
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lumanous wrote: »
    Hello, Just curious do you guys keep other savings separate from your ef? e.g. if you're saving but know the money will likely be used in future, months down line etc. do you keep these 'budgeted' items separately then have your ef literally as your 'unallocated purely for emergencies' fund?

I'm one of those with many pots but I haven't really labelled them as such, but my spreadsheet (yes finance-geek) knows where the money is spread and then budgeted for the whole year/ongoing, so just curious as to what others do :)

I'm the same as you.
    I have different pots for different purposes. (eg - my EF goes into a monthly saver)
    I too have a spreadsheet - I love it!

Do whatever way works for you ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lumanous wrote: »

I used to use the savings pots in my Barclays current account (from when the Woolwich/Barclays used to have them), but with interest rates so poor all our savings are now in the Santander 123 account.

I have a written list that I use to keep track of what the money is for and I update it as it changes. I love a good spreadsheet, but for some reason I prefer writing my budget (and savings) out on paper each month. ;)
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I keep my emergency savings separate too. when I reach my goal I am going to start a household emergency savings and a DH work emergency savings(self employed). Although I save for DH'S holidays it would be nice to have an account for if ever he is off work longer term due to car/health issues etc.

Nice to see all the totals rising. I have an extra £60 in mine :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome foxglove. You are member #233.

I tend to use accounts in different banks to keep my EF and 3-6 month funds in.

I will admit to having taken my eye of the ball with regards to my EF, but I am going on holiday for a week and have been saving for that.
    Next month will see me start to rebuild the EF.

Meanwhile I have been sorting through my change to see if I have any valuable coins. So far, I have unearthed a valuable £1 coin.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback