Working towards being debt free and a new house.

Options

Comments

• dipdap
    dipdap Posts: 6,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning diary :)
    Feeling positive today :j
    Need to get back to meal planning, it went downhill when the fridge freezer packed up :(
    Need to sort my spreadsheet for the month too as not started one yet :eek:
    Targeting £19k debt by the end of the month, let's see how close we can get :j
    Historic Debt August 2009 = £63,600 10th March 2017 = £0 100% paid all gone!
    Mortgage started June 2015 = £170,000 January 2022 = £134,000
    Saving for Xmas 2022= . . Amazon £55
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • dipdap
    Options
    Evening diary.
    Late night check in for me :o
    Just logged on to check a credit card balance and hadn't realised we'd spent £250 on that card.
    I knew a few things had gone on it, just hadn't realise it totalled up that much :o
    So much for my £19k target, I'll be lucky if I get much below £20k.
    Oh well I do like a challenge :rotfl:
    If you focus on what you have left behind, you won't see what lies ahead - Gusteau
  • dipdap
    Options
    Good morning diary :)
    It's time for me to sit down and work out what money needs to go where as it seems I have bills coming out of my ears :mad:
    So my to do list for today :)

Vacuum house
    Tidy kitchen
    Tidy lounge
    Do washing up
    Sort washing
    Sort ironing
    Sort anything money related :D

It'd be so much easier if the kids weren't here under my feet :rotfl:
  • dipdap
    Options
    Morning diary.
    Very busy weekend here :( but now it's Monday and the next loan payment is here :j
    Lots of bills to pay, noticed an email from TV licensing (which I pay yearly) so that's due before the end of the month :( hadn't budgeted for that :(
    The end of the month is coming around really quickly :eek:
  • dipdap
    Options
    Morning diary :)
    Well the month is nearly over :( they go so fast (I feel so old!)
    Hopefully everyone all unexpected bills have now been and gone, although it's left me with no money to pay anything extra off my credit card :(
    On the plus side I'll be happy that we're (hopefully) below £20k. Don't think we'll get very close to £19k but that can be a target for next month :)

Lots of housework for today
    Oh and need to write my CV! Still not done it yet :o
  • dipdap
    Options
    Well it's been a busy week (I work too hard!)
    Pay day has finally rolled around :j not that there will be much of it left over by the end of today :rotfl:
  • dipdap
    Options
    Morni diary :)
    Feeling enthusiastic today :j
    My spreadsheet went to pot last month :o and barely got off the ground :(
    Need to keep on top of it this month
    Have cashed in some savings as need to buy a new fridge freezer before we move (leaving the old one behind for the next people, it's over 10 years old and still running :eek: but on it's last legs :rotfl: ), going to treat myself to a really nice one :)
    Started over paying the council tax as we're moving to a higher band, should be less of a shock when we move :)
    Hopefully we move next month :j
  • dipdap
    Options
    Sat and worked out the outstanding debts for the month.

£9,173 loan 1
    £4,200 loan 2
    £2,2003 CC 1
    £800 CC 2
    £3,300 CC 3
    £570 CC 4

Total outstanding £20,046

On paper it looks like we didn't get below £20k but I know we did and if I changed the figures to today it would be below £20k.
    I forgot to send £100 to CC3 yesterday (have sent it today) so I'm not upset that the figure is still over £20k as it's just a technicality :D :rotfl:
    It means the drop this month will be huge and we should easily smash through the £19k mark by the end of the month :j
    CC4 is paid off in full every month (statement due mid month) so fingers crossed will be zero by the end of May :)
  • dipdap
    edited 9 May 2015 at 8:38AM
    Options
    Can't believe it's been a week since I popped on here :eek:
    Well I've had a busy week, done some number crunching and our total debts may plummet by about £2k this month, so after a not great drop last month this month could be brilliant :j
    I've set myself some new ongoing challenges :) I have an air miles type account and am now doing surveys to try and clock up some extra miles to pay (or part pay) towards a holiday for us as a family (haven't been away since 2012) and have also signed up to SB with the hope of clocking up enough amazon vouchers to pay for Xmas :j
    It's hard work but I hope to have done my first fiver by the end of this weekend :) would be fab to get too £100 by Xmas (probably won't happen but it's a target :D )
    Will soon be on the countdown to moving, things are going well, looking like it could be the end of next month :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dipdap wrote: »
    Can't believe it's been a week since I popped on here :eek:
    Well I've had a busy week, done some number crunching and our total debts may plummet by about £2k this month, so after a not great drop last month this month could be brilliant :j

:T :T :T :T :T
    It's hard work but I hope to have done my first fiver by the end of this weekend would be fab to get too £100 by Xmas (probably won't happen but it's a target )

It's good to have a target/goal. Good luck with that goal, I'm sure you will do your utmost to reach it.
    Will soon be on the countdown to moving, things are going well, looking like it could be the end of next month

That will come around in no time at all. New home, fresh start, memories to be made :j

keep updating us when you can, in between all the packing, planning, chaos :D

DB
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport