Holiday Nightmares!

Options

Comments

• CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    What a nightmare for you Alex. I hope you get good news from the tests & that your friend understands why you have cancelled.
    His girlfriend sounds a right moo.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • alextexmex
    Options
    CH27 wrote: »
    What a nightmare for you Alex. I hope you get good news from the tests & that your friend understands why you have cancelled.
    His girlfriend sounds a right moo.

Thank you, hopefully he will be more understanding but if not then the friendship wasn't worth my time and stress. Hopefully the news will be good next week, if so ill be on here somewhere being very happy!
  • BigAunty
    BigAunty Posts: 8,310 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    alextexmex wrote: »
    its a difficult one, when I do manage to communicate with him without her around he is a lot more receptive and understanding, when with her he suddenly changes his tone and sounds like her Mini-me..

Ah, Stockholm Syndrome....
  • alextexmex
    alextexmex Posts: 88 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2014 at 10:42PM
    Options
    Well its all blown up now. I have tried to discuss it with them as they called me this evening. I was due to take them up to his dads on Monday (was arranged months ago) and I told them I couldn't as I am unwell and am not capable of driving 500 miles in a day. She's just hit the roof and called me every name under the sun and told me if I don't bring her hard copies of the booking docs in 24 hours and I quote "You are in very deep **** you *******. I don't like being let down!!"

for god sake they have copies, forwarded emails and talked to the agent. Or are they just trying to make me look bad or make it all my fault and label me the bad guy?

As far as I'm concerned that's it, niceties are off the table! Just because I cannot drive means I'm being yelled at?! Why should I have to take this? I want this over and done with. I honestly feel like there's no point in going on like this, I'm in enough pain emotionally as it is. I think I'm defeated.
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Options
    No my dear, not defeated, just had a really lucky escape from the Holiday From Hell with Her! Do the rest of your correspondence via Royal Mail. Make sure that they have copies of all paperwork and ignore anything else.

Get well soon and enjoy your own holiday with your other half!
  • alextexmex
    Options
    Caroline_a wrote: »
    No my dear, not defeated, just had a really lucky escape from the Holiday From Hell with Her! Do the rest of your correspondence via Royal Mail. Make sure that they have copies of all paperwork and ignore anything else.

Get well soon and enjoy your own holiday with your other half!

I swear its as if they are trying to make me crack up or make me feel like crap. Unfortunately they are succeeding.
  • jenhug
    jenhug Posts: 2,277 Forumite
    Options
    alextexmex wrote: »
    I swear its as if they are trying to make me crack up or make me feel like crap. Unfortunately they are succeeding.

I would no longer accept any form of communication from them, concentrate on your health and just allow the insurance company to do their job.

I hope the results are clear and you and your wife can enjoy a nice relaxing break somewhere just the two of you.
  • alextexmex
    Options
    jenhug wrote: »
    I would no longer accept any form of communication from them, concentrate on your health and just allow the insurance company to do their job.

I hope the results are clear and you and your wife can enjoy a nice relaxing break somewhere just the two of you.

thank you for the advice, I feel like I have done all I can do. I've had 6 messages off her full of venom in the past hour alone. I've turned my phone off, my missus has done the same and ill put the letters in the post on Monday and that's that until the insurance company do their part. I think if i actually let them get to me anymore I would explode.

friends my butt. I think ill leave them to their little fantasy world, trying to be objective to a hobgoblin with the sense of humour of a burning potato and a attitude over absolutely nothing that I can control isn't worth a nervous breakdown.
  • jenhug
    jenhug Posts: 2,277 Forumite
    Options
    Leave the phones unplugged/switched off, concentrate on having a mega lazy day tomorrow with your wife.

Take care. x
  • little-spender
    Options
    I can see this thread is going to run and run, with more twists and turns than i think i may be able to cope with each day. ....I do look forward to what drama tomorrows story brings
    McCannfiles : Read the archived Portuguese police files on the case- released 1 year after Maddie's departure.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure