Holiday Nightmares!

Options

Comments

• BigAunty
    BigAunty Posts: 8,310 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    alextexmex wrote: »

Thanks all for all the advice, hopefully there will not be any more developments to speak of but if there is ill let you know. I'm greatful for the kind wishes as well, tomorrow I get my results, hopefully all good!

Well if someone is getting their kicks from being abusive to others and gets thrills from presenting themselves as a victim, then you can bet the hassle continues, it's perhaps the main excitement in their lives.

Which is why you need to practice serene indifference to the wind-up merchant as it's as natural as drawing breath to them.

In fact, your calm response will probably be met with even more hysteria. Disintangle yourself from their manipulation, just park yourself away from it and watch it from a distance without getting caught up in it, it could be hilarious.
  • alextexmex
    Options
    Does sound popcorn worthy to be fair. Looking over the holiday insurance (took out with a high street bank), and it says in the terms "If all pertinent documentation is available to the underwriter, we expect to settle your claim within 5 working days."

If that's the case they will have their money sooner rather than later and I can put this whole sorry saga behind me. Documents already scanned over to the claims department are the booking details, payment reciepts and documentation, letter from GP advising that it travel should be avoided, hospital letters and appointment cards, travel insurance cover note, blood test results, the hospital consultant letters that were sent to GP and any other bits and bobs I could find. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully more answers from the hospital. Fingers crossed!
  • jenhug
    jenhug Posts: 2,277 Forumite
    Options
    Please come back and let us know the results, if possible, I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow. xx
  • alextexmex
    Options
    jenhug wrote: »
    Please come back and let us know the results, if possible, I will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow. xx

Thank you :) I will do, I've been trying to sleep but a little apprehensive about tomorrow. Did send you a PM but think it hasn't gone through, still getting the hang of this place! Lol
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck today Alex.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you Alex.
  • alextexmex
    Options
    Well I'm back from the hospital. Afraid the results were not as positive as I would have liked, but seems like we may have caught it all at a early stage.

I feel rather deflated and blue now and plan to spend the rest of the day keeping myself busy. Starting treatment very shortly so until then its just trying to keep smiling. Thank you all for your kind wishes x
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Alex, but it's good that it's been caught early. I know exactly how you're feeling, I have cervical cancer which has been stable, but I got the results back from my latest scan this morning and it's started growing again. I'll be starting treatment again in a couple of weeks.

If you need to talk to anyone, feel free to pm me.

Also, I've found the Macmillan website to be useful and there's probably a charity for your particular cancer, so have a google to find a support group near you.

All the best.
  • SandC
    SandC Posts: 3,929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been reading this thread gobsmacked at the attitude of your friends..... however that all takes a backseat on this news that it isn't as positive as you might have hoped from a health point of view.

Wishing you all the best for a speedy treatment and recovery and it's time to get the toxic friends out of your life for good - one thing you do not need is stress.
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sorry the news isn't good Alex. I hope the treatment isn't too horrid for you.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport