Tales from the city

Options

Comments

• ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pleased to meet you, loveis :hello:

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them. And I'm glad you've come out of lurkdom. Everyone is very supportive around here and also very friendly. Start a diary, join the fun! :D

The purrballs are getting along brilliantly today. Big purrball is developing his tolerance and now gives me an eye roll when the little one stalks him, eats his food and tries to pounce on his tail. I keep telling him he's the mature one and has to set an example. Only once has he tried to bop the wee one on the head when he's overstepped the mark. And he missed. So that's fine. ;)

Nothing much happening in the world of debt reduction except that I got some bargains at the shop today so the food budget is coming in well under target again. Brilliant. I also think I may be getting a little bit of tax back so that's something to look forward to. Don't know how much yet.

This cold just won't shift. I'm coughing and spluttering. Managed to raid the medicine cabinet and found benylin, vitamin c and ibuprofen so didn't have to spend anything on that.

Happy debt busting everyone. :)
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    loveis wrote: »

I wish I had my own space for Kittens! x

Forgot to say, this wee one weighs about a pound and can sit in my hand, he doesn't take up much space at all. :D Get 3. ;)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Oh I am jealous. However, I think 6 cats is enough for us... But I'd love a cute little purrball...
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh I am jealous. However, I think 6 cats is enough for us... But I'd love a cute little purrball...

I don't think you can ever have enough cats, crazy_cat_lady. :D
  • loveis
    loveis Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    aw, cute kitties, my mum has three and I make a beeline for them rather than my folks when I visit them.

Hope the cold is clearing a bit, everyone at work is suffering at the moment. xx
    April Debt -£3,372

Positive thoughts = Positive Outcomes
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Everyone at my place is suffering too...bleh. :(

I was at a conference yesterday. Travel refunded and lunch provided so an mse day altogether. I did have a couple of coffees on the train but they seem to have come down in price lately so that's good.

I've kicked off my christmas shopping with an amazon bargain for step dad. :T So we're off! Wonder what's next?
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My train home was delayed by 40 minutes last night. I went online and realised I can get a refund of half the value of my ticket, so I applied straight away. To be fair, I get a full refund from work anyway, but hey, what's the harm? :D £8.75 on it's way to me.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A few things to report...

OH's overdraft is in fact free until this time next year, so £250 paid off it for no reason at all. Oh well. My cards are back to being the target. :)

Future in-laws have surprised and delighted us with a massive contribution to the wedding fund. I'm so pleased I could cry. The pressure has definitely been reduced significantly, plus it's so lovely to have their support and know they have faith in us. :heart2:

I'm still waiting on cinema and train ticket money to be refunded, but I just need to be patient.

I've been buying tickets for Christmas time travel. Usually I keep travel to a minimum at this time of year because I know I'll have a cold or something and feel rough. I don't know how I managed to get caught up in all these visits...feeling a bit bah humbug about it all...I'm sure it will be good when the time comes.

There's nothing much else to report. I wish all was calm and peaceful but work is stressing me out, just far too much of it and not enough time. Oh well, onwards.

Happy debt busting Sunday everyone. :)
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Time travelling at Christmas. ........now that sounds interesting;);):rotfl::rotfl::D

I know what you mean about too much to do and not enough time........:o Can't wait until drawbridge up on 16th December :D
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Kahra
    Kahra Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Ha, I also did a double-take at the Christmas time travelling - sounds like a way to get into the spirit a la Scrooge/A Christmas Carol :D Hope you get some time to relax over the holidays - I sympathise on the work front, and can't wait for some time off!

How kind of the in-laws to help out with wedding costs - it's a nice way to show that they're welcoming you to the family :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure