Tales from the city

Options

Comments

• ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just paid the remaining balance off my barclaycard. Once it's cleared in a day or two, I'll cancel the card. I already cancelled the direct debt and that felt great. :D

I've updated my signature. When my minimum payment to hsbc goes out nearer the end of the month, then I'll be half way towards being debt free. :D

Current debt

Virgin £1,625 0% til Oct 2018

Hsbc £6,044.76 0% til Oct 2018

Overdraft £1,800 0% til Sep 2020

So Virgin becomes the next target card.
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Woo, very nice!

Are you snowballing the barclaycard minimum into your Virgin payment? I love that momentum gain. :)
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    I've just paid the remaining balance off my barclaycard.

Woohoo :T:T:T fab news :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10794.85/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1533.14/£2000 (76.7% saved).
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks guys. :D It's great to have a cheerleading squad on here. Means a lot me. This stuff is hard to deal with.

Me and OH are in this together, and last night I noticed a mistake on my spreadsheet. OH's overdraft is starting to accrue interest as of this month, not next year as I had thought. This makes OH's overdraft the target debt for the next wee while so it will be minimum payments to mine. I hate to put OH's debt on here, I signed up to mse to lay bare all my debts but OH never did, and it's personal stuff to share. However, we have our finances joined and I've done very well out of that, so I need to focus efforts there.

I'm away to see if there's a 0% cash transfer deal credit card anywhere that OH can apply for. That'd be a help.
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    Thanks guys. :D It's great to have a cheerleading squad on here. Means a lot me. This stuff is hard to deal with.

You are doing really well! You sound much more focused........must be love :smileyhea ;)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    You are doing really well! You sound much more focused........must be love :smileyhea ;)

It surely is, Igamogam. :D:heart:

True to form, Barclaycard have just emailed me with a 0% balance transfer deal, due to the balance being zero. God love them, they'll not catch me again. :D
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Heaven forbid a CC balance be 0...
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Heaven forbid a CC balance be 0...

So right. :)

I just spoke to them on the phone and cancelled the card. The guy was lovely, so pleasant, and tried to persuade me to stay but I stayed strong. It wasn't so difficult. I have shredded all my paperwork from that lot and deleted the link to their website from my tool bar. :D

I love it when things get simplified.

Paid £250 off OH's overdraft today. £1000 to go then we can get back to overpaying my debts.
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just remembered I have £70 expenses from work to claim. I've missed the deadline for this month but I'll get it in asap and it'll come with the end of December wage. Good timing, and given it's already been paid for anyway I can put this towards a debt. :)

I wonder where else I can get some extra cash from? Thinking hat on...
  • ani*fan
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been in this flat for more than a year now and I'm thinking anything that is still stored away can probably be gotten rid of. Obviously I don't need things that have not been used by now.

The trouble is, it's all a lot of old tat so probably not worth anything. Maybe I could try selling it anyway? I think gumtree is best for stuff that's not worth very much. I'll have a wee look later and see what I've got.

I also still have my expensive thing but the last time I tried to sell it, it didn't go down too well. Maybe I'll try again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure