MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• ashtray_heart
    Options
    How is everyone doing today? I'm really sleepy. Need to finish getting sorted around the house. It is my baby shower on Saturday which is exciting. It is more of a gathering of friends and family at ours before we have the baby. We are having afternoon tea and a BBQ in the evening of weather is nice. Will be very relaxed and not like the big American things.

I seem to have ballooned in the last few weeks. Really uncomfortable to do anything now. At least my blood pressure has come down so hopefully it will be fine at next check up on Tuesday. If it is high again will have to go in to hospital and they will discuss inducing me between 38 and 40 weeks. Still have been having swelling and headaches but pre-eclampsia markers haven't been present in blood tests, which is good.

Hope everyone is having lovely baby cuddles or is feeling relaxed and well with bump.
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really sleepy too Ashtray, looking forward to some rest at home next week.

baby shower sounds lovely! I did a similar get together thing when I had my DD.Glad your blood pressure has come down too!

Had a call this morning from health visitor as they are now doing visits before you have baby so they are coming in a couple of weeks.
  • Claire_A87
    Claire_A87 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    Another one here with sleepiness! Seems to have hit me like a train this week and I'm only coming up to 30 weeks :S My job is getting really quiet now too as all the students are going home, which you'd think was great (& mostly is!) but boredom sets in a bit & I'm so tempted to use my keyboard as a pillow!

I'm wondering whether to do anything pre-baby. It's my birthday 9 days before my due date and it'd be nice to see people but I'm wondering whether it'd be too much effort. Then again, do I want everyone round at mine once baby is born?!

Let us know what the health visitor asks etc when they've been wendz - I've heard almost all lovely stories about the visits and how informal they are, but the idea of someone coming round and assessing you for parenthood freaks me out a bit!
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Urgh yea i'm exhausted!! I wanted to nap so bad yesterday afternoon. But my 2 year old was tearing around the place and not for napping!! I was grumpy as hell!! I've been so bad i've been wondering if I have depression but it seems to come in waves so i've convinced myself its just hormones. This tierdness hit as soon as I turned 30 weeks Claire - That was Tuesday for me. Got physio this afternoon so that should be "fun" - just come back from collecting christian aid. You would think I was trying to kill people some of the responses I get at the doors lol.
  • ashtray_heart
    ashtray_heart Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Claire- I had my midwife visit last week. It seemed to be checking I had support, knew what I was doing, where baby was sleeping and about breastfeeding. She asked questions about where my family lived and relationship with my husband. She also scanned the room so I'm guessing was checking I wasn't an alcoholic, depressed, victim of domestic abuse etc. I think they check whether you may need extra support?

My birthday was on 1st so didn't do anything other than a meal with DH. At that point I felt really ill though. We have been really anti-social lately with my pregnancy being pretty rough and house buying. I think it will be nice to have a bit of normaility. DH and my best friend have organised the whole thing so I haven't had to worry about it which is nice.

Maybe it is the weather making everyone sleepy? I'm 37 weeks on Sat and been exhausted since 34 weeks. I'm too uncomfortable to sleep now.
  • nattykins
    nattykins Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm at 34 weeks. My ankles have become cankles now and my feet are itching like crazy because of the swelling. I'd rather have this than the hip pain, back pain or morning sickness though.

My bump seems to have dropped a bit more, I felt like I was going topple over earlier, he's gone really heavy! I have an instinctive feeling that I won't last 6 weeks. I finish work next Friday, so I only have a week to go :j

Hope you fellow preggos are ok!
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm guessing they might want to keep an extra eye on me now as I am single mum but will see what they say.

Had midwife appointment. Went through birth plan and all looking good with baby. Head down but not engaged yet. Got next appointment in 3 weeks as she was booked up till then but she has booked me in for 40 weeks and said i can have a sweep then if i need one.
  • Trixsie1989
    Trixsie1989 Posts: 489 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone! So sorry for the silence, best do an update!
    First of all congratulations to everyone who's had their babies since I was last on, have tried to catch up from my last post but it's took,ages,to read through and my memory is,like a sieve!

Amylia rose-Jayne was born on 15th April 2015 (1 day overdue! Lucky me!) after a 4 hour labour that progressed bloody quick! At one point we didn't think we'd make it to the hospital and had to call an ambulance! She weighed 8lb5oz and was completely healthy and normal :)
    She's a month old tomorrow and I don't no where the last month has gone! Hubby goes back to work after his month off on Sunday! Scary thought!
    Will try to be a bit more active again now were settling Into a routine again :) xxx
    Debt free finally :j
    First house purchase ... 2018 :j
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wow, congratulations Trixsie!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, sorry for going quiet ! I only have a work mobile which is a really old school nokia for texts and calls only so couldn't update from hospital !.

Anyway, baby boy "still no-name !" arrived by planned c-section at 11.27 on 12th May weighing in at 10lb 10oz and despite c-section still managed to get stuck - the surgeon commented that even had I gone into labor naturally as I had hoped the chances that I wouldn't have needed an emergency section were very very slim so it looks like the hospital made the right decision.

He's feeding and sleeping really well so far and his big sister (2.5 yrs) is really excited that he's home.

Hope everyone is well and feeling OK, sorry that some are feeling so tired, hopefully you can catch up on some sleep over the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure