MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Miss_Imaginative
    Options
    Claire_A87 wrote: »
    Thanks Mrs_I. The first appointment is tomorrow, and it's bloods, BP, urine...the full house shall we call it? I was tempted back end of last week to call, but they have definitely got better over the weekend and baby's pattern of movement hasn't changed (they're kicking away right now!), & I generally feel ok otherwise. If it gets worse again today I'll call triage & see what they recommend. I feel like if I could just take a couple of cocodamol it'd knock it on its ar*se!! Thanks for your concern, I'll keep you updated :)

Ah yes, the full house! Given the headaches have improved, baby's movements are the same and you generally feel okay, it sounds like a sensible call to hold off until tomorrow (unless they get worse). I know exactly the sorts of headaches you mean, I used to get them frequently and cocodamol was a life-saver in knocking it on the head (okay, bad pun...)!

Thanks for the heads up re: the Tens machine, ashtray heart - I will definitely be looking into it. :)

Mrs_I x
  • krustylouise
    krustylouise Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations alsomething :) lovely name and great weight!

Cannot believe how quickly I've sprung up that list!!! Yikes!!!

Hope everyone is doing well xx

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi everyone!

first day on laptop as have been absolutely knackered! needed 3 blood transfusions in the end and iron still really low. I also had a uti afterwards so was on antibiotics.
    I will post birth story at some stage but basically, got to 4cm by myself, so no pessary needed, then stalled so had the drip. managed on g&a and hypnotherapy until 8cm when had diamorphine.
    Being only small myself, needed forceps to help Jago out.

we have struggled with feeding (still are!) and were in hospital for nearly a week but home now.

he is completely gorgeous and OH is being amazing. trying to rest as much as possible.

(congrats alsomething and welcome to newbies!)
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Claire_A87
    Claire_A87 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you're home recovering A-P. Sounds like it was a bit traumatic to say the least, but so happy you're settling in with your little man :)

AFM, I had the kind of MW appointment that you just have to laugh about, earlier. Went for bloods at the hospital yesterday, and when my community MW rang them for results today it turns out they labelled one of the tubes wrongly so I have to go back next Tuesday to do them again. Then she told me that baby is currently diagonal - not fully breech, not fully transverse...diagonal! THEN she measures me and I'm 3 weeks ahead, so I've now been referred to a consultant because we both suspect I'm going to measure big each time I see her (last time I was 5cm ahead). Eugh. The good news is the last growth scan 4 weeks ago was fine & the HB was 142bpm, so we think it's just baby's position. We even managed to have a laugh about the little awkward chunk! If they keep measuring big it does mean they won't let me go over though - silver linings and all that. I wouldn't mind but I was size 6 on top pre-pregnancy, so I don't know where this baby thinks the room to expand into is!

Anyway, sorry for long "me" post, just nice to talk to people who I can at least have a laugh about it with. Hope everyone else is doing ok - lots of due dates coming up!! xx
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wouldnt worry about the dreaded measure tape. I measured bang on at 27 weeks at my last appoint - on my centile chart that put me on the 90th centile?! puting me at a 9 1/2lb baby!! At the growth scan I measured on the 10th centile and that put me at a 7lber baby! A world of difference there!
  • Claire_A87
    Claire_A87 Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    Oh we both know that baby isn't probably that big. She said to me "I won't plot you on the growth chart because you'll only panic" (which made me do a slightly nervous/hysterical laugh) so she hasn't even formally put it in my notes because she wants to see what the consultant says. TBF, they're not measuring as far ahead as they were so it could all even itself out in a few weeks & problem solved. You watch, I'll end up measuring small by the end!
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • Missyy76
    Missyy76 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats to the new mummies!!!

I think the tape measure should be done away with, I never measured big with either of my girls and they were both over 10lb! it is such an innacurate way of measuring, you might as well just get a crystal ball out and use that lol

I hope everyone is well, and the new mummies are getting some much deserved rest xx
    Due 26th July, team yellow :D
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    To add to it baby 1 was estimated to be 6.13lb from a scan at 38+4. 4 days later at 39+0 she came out in a CS and was only 5.12lb so you can't even believe that for accuracy either lol.
  • jediquigley
    jediquigley Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    Auntie pickle how is the feeding going? I had lots of problems getting my boy latched, drugs may have had an impact plus stress of labour if baby is very sleepy.

It's my due date today, started to get some period type pain last night and had a bit today. Braxton hicks are still going crazy so hopeful that things will start naturally for me and I can have my home birth. No show or waters breaking though.

Angelmommy are you still preggers?
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi jedi, feeding has been really tough. Combination of diamorphine, forceps and lots of stitching afterwards meant that a sleepy baby wasn't put anywhere near me for several hours so unfortunately missed that vital window of catching the natural sucking reflex.
    He then basically refused the breast and I was expressing to bottle-feed - which just kept the cycle going.
    Came home and decided to use nipple shields. Best thing ever!! Don't know why the "official" line is to advise against them. Anyway, we are now feeding direct from the breast (with the shields) - hooray! It's been a long hard slog.

hope things progress for you and you get your stress-free home-birth!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport