MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Thanks for the reply minicazzybee!
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    I went to a mothercare event a while ago now but sounds pretty similar, galaxy chocolate, a drink, a 10% off voucher and few goodies inc a newborn baby hat, a pack of breast pads and some little samples. Not bad for being free!
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    It so easy to forget just how careful you need to be missy, especially when you're feeling normal. Glad baby was ok, sure it was just reminding you its the most important thing now!

I've booked onto the mothercare parent evening too, I went before in October I think. There are talks/experts available for different things, car seats, prams, bra fittings, things like that. You get a goody bag, think I had a bottle of shloer, bar of galaxy chocolate and some leaflets. You get 10% off any purchases made on the night, we bought the crib and mattress last time, we've got a few last bits to get this time but with 10% off it's worth a trip!
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    ***DUE DATE LIST***
    1. Nicky Noo Na - 11 February 2015 ?
    2. sulphate - 12 February 2015 ?
    3. fuzzipeg - 14 February 2015 :male: (delivery ? 20/1/15)
    4. Mrs_T_M - 24 February 2015 :male:
    5. Bubblepops - 21 March 2015 :female:
    6. Carrot34 - 25 March 2015 :female: :female: (Twins!)
    7. Always_alone - 27 March 2015 :male:
    8. Tilly_dreams - 28 March 2015 :female:
    9. x_missymoo_x - 7 April 2015 ?
    10. Princess kate - 8 April 2015 ?
    11. millysg1 - 8 April 2015 ?
    12. Trixsie1989 - 14 April 2015 :female:
    13. Aunty-Pickle - 15 April 2015 ?
    14. gayleygoo - 22 April 2015 ?
    15. georgie262 - 22 April 2015 :female:
    16. Phoenix01 - 25 April 2015 :female:
    17. Downhillfast's OH - 3 May 2015 ?
    18. Angelmommy - 6 May 2015 ?
    19. Janed9388 - 17 May 2015 :male:
    When you see this post do your pelvic floor exercises

Hospital Bag List here
    Supplement List and Dosage here

***BIRTH LIST*** - Within the last month
    :female: Freshstart11 - Charlotte Sophia Grace born on 4 January 2015 (7lb 13)
    :male: shorty1978 - Stanley Christopher born on 7 January 2015 (9lb 9)
    :female: Timeflies - baby girl born 4 January 2015 (10lb 5)
    :male: Estateprincess - George William born 26 January 2015
    :male: lotti1982 - Noah born 2 February 2015 (7lb 8)

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON TO LIST
    [Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)]

Island.girl - EDD 25 December 2014 ?

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy

Congrats to all babies born and all new mums! Hello to all newbies and get well to all those under the weather. Also hope all with worries get them sorted.
  • sulphate
    Options
    lotti1982 and Estateprincess Huge congratulations to the both of you on the safe arrivals of your baby boy bundles!! I hope it's ok I've updated your details on the list. :j:j:j

Trixsie sorry to hear about your tumble! But glad the rest of the day went well.

jane glad you have escaped the diabetes, but I do understand what you mean about how it's nice to have the extra scans. I had an extra scan a couple of months ago due to reduced movement and it was nice to have that!

Princess kate When i was 30 weeks the baby was lying transverse but had turned by 35 weeks - hopefully will be the same for you. Sorry to hear about your fall :( but glad everything ok and that they looked after you and definitely agree that resting on the sofa is a good idea.

missymoo glad your lesson obs went well :) when I went to a mothercare event I got a free goody bag with babygrow, chocolate, voucher etc except no bottle of schloer like some others - disappointing!! I personally don't really rate my local mothercare nor their staff but others are much better.

Nicky Noo Naa looks like we are up next, am rather curious to see who out of the two of us will pop first, but don't think it will be me!! Agree about it being too cold to go for long walks etc!

Well a week into maternity leave and I'm getting kind of bored - never been very good at keeping my own company! My mum and I went out for lunch today and I was so fed up I even told her I wish I'd worked until the end of this week! But not sure that would have been realistic, the quality of my sleep gets worse every day :rotfl: Tomorrow I hope to do some batch cooking for when baby comes, hope it's not a total disaster!

I find it very hard to believe that no matter what happens I will not be pregnant for more than 3 more weeks!
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs_T_M has put pics up before, maybe she can enlighten us?

Upload your photos to a hosting site (I use flickr, but photobucket works as well), then copy the BBCode (on flickr it's under the little --> type thingie in the lower right hand corner), and paste on your post. I always preview my post to make sure that the link works, and then go for it! :) - If you're using Flickr - please do not use anything larger than the medium size, as it may break the thread and make it all wonky!

37 weeks 3 days here today, and no niggles, pains, or otherwise. Good! Told little one he needs to stay put at least until my mom arrives, which is the 12th of this month, lol! I'm really sleepy today, so once the sheets and duvet cover are finished washing and put outside on the line, I'll be going back to sleep! Lasagne soup is in the slow cooker, so I don't even have to worry with dinner tonight. Win! :D
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • gayleygoo
    Options
    How is everyone feeling about their maternity care so far?

My 29 wk MW appointment went fine, but as I was the last patient they had that day they seemed to be very rushed and eager to get checks done and send me on my way! They were lovely, but didn't mention the whooping cough vaccine, or anything else really, and my next appointment is not until 35 weeks. I have not seen the same midwife twice so far. I know they work in teams and I don't mind it much as I've done it all before, but a first-time mum might feel less cared for.

Congratulations EstatePrincess! :T :j I hope you're having lots of newborn snuggles now :)

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • sulphate
    Options
    Hi gayleygoo, I think the quality of antenatal care varies strongly by area unfortunately, I've been very happy with mine. It's a shame that you haven't been able to see the same midwife more than once.

According to the NHS antenatal appointments schedule, appointments you should be having around now are at 28 weeks and 34 weeks, they only give you one at 31 weeks if it's your first baby.

Regarding whooping cough vaccine, my MW asked me if I was going to have it and that was it really - they don't actually administer the jabs here, you have to have them done at your GP surgery. My GP surgery wrote to me inviting me to make an appointment for one, but if yours doesn't maybe call them and ask? It's a bit worrying that a lot of ladies on this thread haven't been offered it (it seems?).
  • fuzzipeg
    fuzzipeg Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Pleased to say that am currently feeding the fatbaby, who arrived yesterday and wasn't as fat as we expected after all! Nathaniel Joseph eventually arrived yesterday lunchtime by c-section, under a general anaesthetic, after three failed inductions. Wasn't the birth we hoped for, obviously, but the main thing he is happy and healthy, feeding well and seems to be a pretty laid back chap.
    MFW 01/01/17 - £123,279.40
    01/09/18 - £97,083.29
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    congrats fuzzipeg
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income