MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Always_Alone
    Options
    Huge congrats Fuzzipig!! Glad you're all at home and doing ok, hopefully the bruising will fade quickly. Lovely name too :o

Glad you're feeling ok Princess K, how's the nursery furniture getting on?

Welcome Alsosomething :j hope you've had a healthy and easy pregnancy so far, on the home straight now!!

It's very quiet in here, hope that means everyone is resting and relaxing in anticipation of babies!!

I'm officially on day 2 of maternity leave, made a start on my hospital bag yesterday and just need it get a few more bits and will be washing baby clothes this week. DS is off with me today and tomorrow so any baby prep will need to wait till he's back in preschool as everything takes 4 hours longer with him getting under my feet :rotfl:

Think DS is preparing me for baby's arrival, he's been up on an off since 3.30 this morning which means I have as well! Patience is thin on the ground today :D he's having a nap and I'm eating choccie biccies to boost my energy levels!

Fab price on the nappies Milly, back up to £9 altho I think I'll keep an eye on it and see if it comes down again.

Bump has been very very achy and painful the last few days, esp at the bottom, really struggling to walk at some points. DS arrived at 35 weeks so I'm thinking the worst at every twinge thinking I've another early arrival on my hands. Have another scan Thursday so hopefully they'll be able to reassure me.

34 weeks on Friday :eek::eek::eek:
  • hippihaz
    hippihaz Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I'm 24weeks, so moving over from the 12-24wk thread to the big one! Starting to feel real now!
    Due 2nd June, team blue :)
    xx
  • x_missymoo_x
    x_missymoo_x Posts: 484 Forumite
    edited 10 February 2015 at 11:03PM
    Options
    Princess, I had a peek and saw your nursery, it looks amazing! Well done to your OH and friend for putting it all up, and well done to you for doing all the washing :) I was a bit backwards and sorted out the clothes into the drawers before washing them because I was too keen to decide where to put everything :o I'm planning on doing the washing over half term so I get to put it all away again, which was the most fun I've ever had sorting out clothes in drawers so I don't mind doing it again :p

That sounds like a decent weight fuzzipeg - there is hope that my little chunk isn't so much of a chunk after all then! Glad you're home now and are settling down, enjoy all the cuddles :)

Welcome to hippihaz and alsomething :hello: Myself and a couple of others on here have gone for the Oyster as our pushchair. It seems to do the job of all the main pushchairs but for a more reasonable price in comparison to others, and also personally I think is one of the better looking ones :p

Looking forward to hearing news, Nicky Noo Na! You sound like you're keeping busy, but make sure you get some well deserved rest too.

I'm so jealous that you're already on maternity leave, Always_Alone! Enjoy your time off and let the baby preparations commence!

I'm 32 weeks today :j Seeing the midwife tomorrow so I get to see how my bump is progressing - I jumped from the 50th centile to the 90th between my last two appointments, so we'll see how its growing currently :o I get a nice lay-in though which is well needed! I've been feeling very tired these past few weeks and come the evening I'm now so achey. Poor OH hardly sees me as I come in, eat dinner and then it seems I just go to bed! Really looking forward to half term so I can hopefully recharge my batteries before the next 6 week stretch. Working right up to 39+2 now doesn't seem as achievable as I first thought :o
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Thanks missy, we're really happy with it. I'm just waiting for the nursing chair to arrive and I need to take the curtains up but I'm finishing work next thursday so I'll have plenty of time!

I didn't realise you were working up to 39+2!! Blimey! I can't wait to finish now, I've got some leave book before my maternity starts but I am finishing relatively early, (33+1)

I'm feeling much better after my fall, the more I think about it the more I realise how lucky I was, imagine breaking something at this point of pregnancy! Nightmare!

I'm the same as you missy, I haven't washed the clothes yet but I've hung its into the wardrobe. I just couldn't resist! Need to sort through what we've got in what sizes & see what is missing. Also I need to confirm, do babies always wear a vest under a sleep suit? I'm assuming for the first few months at least the baby will mainly be in sleep suits but not sure where vests come into it!?

Got my second daisy birthing class later, had to miss last week after my fall so looking forward to getting back into it. I also have an anaesthetic review in ANC later, not sure what it's for but as I work in the hospital it's easy to pop along for an appointment.

Hope everyone is feeling good! x
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Options
    I also have an anaesthetic review in ANC later, not sure what it's for but as I work in the hospital it's easy to pop along for an appointment.

Hope everyone is feeling good! x

The anaesthetic review is just to discuss possible options (even if you're like me and won't be using them except in an emergency) for pain relief, and they will probably feel of your spine and may take an ultrasound of your back to make sure that they can site an epidural properly, safely, and quickly if it's needed. I didn't want to go to mine, and it ended up being a waste of an afternoon in my opinion, but, the way I see it, if anything horrid happens and I have to have a c-section, that bit is done.

I'm 38+1 today, and mom leaves the US tonight and lands here tomorrow! :D I think midwife is hoping that we can have a Valentine's baby, but he will come when he is ready. I just need to be patient!

One of the guys that works with DH called the boss last night saying that he and his wife (who is due the day before me) were in the hospital. They didn't say if she was in labour or not, but I suspect so. Kind of feels weird knowing that I'll be having my little one at home. I'm really looking forward to it though!
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • millysg1
    Options
    hi all,
    Had my every 2 weeks scan on Monday and consultant appointment. Hubby was able to join me this time so it was nice for him to see baby again as he hasn't been able to come since my 20 week scan.

But results are all good. My fluid has reduced o acceptable levels, though still high but nothing to worry about now. Baby is the right size and weight, though quite a large head!

Baby is still breached so they've booked me in for what will be my final scan at 36 weeks to check it is comfortably in the right position.

Im 32 weeks today now. Working till 36 weeks so im in the last few weeks. I don't feel the pull to finish yet. Apart from not having to get up early in the morning, I still feel good and work load is decreasing so still enjoying being here. Though a lot can change in 4 weeks so maybe glad to stop at 36. I cant imagine finishing now, not sure what I would do with myself!

I also have all the clothes stored away in the wardrobe/chest of drawers already but I plan to wash them all this weekend as I need to finish my hospital bag and its the last thing to do.
  • x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Princess, I seem to remember reading somewhere that babies should always wear one extra layer to us, and that vests go under just about everything! Glad you're feeling better - I hope your appointment is all ok and good luck at your daisy class!

Hope your mum has a safe journey, Mrs_T_M. Sounds like baby will sit tight until she gets here :)

millysg1 - I feel the same about working, I don't know what I would do with myself if I finished now, probably just binge on OBEM :p I'm finding it more difficult to get up in the morning, both physically and mentally! But when I'm at work I'm fine, it's just when I'm back home that I'm tired. I really enjoyed my lay-in this morning :) You're very organised in that you only have your hospital bag left to do! At least that means that when you do finish you will actually be able to use it as rest time hopefully.

I just phoned the doctors this morning to see if I could get a doctors appointment around the same time as my midwife for a different NBR matter, and they said they had no appointments left at all today! Their lines open at 8.30 and I eventually spoke to someone at 8.40, so all appointments were gone in 10 minutes. I can feel my BP rising as I talk to them on the phone, its so frustrating! Luckily its not urgent as the next available appointment they've given me is on the 6th March. I would leave and go somewhere else but I think its the same everywhere :(
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    Hello everyone, due date today and no exciting news I'm afraid. Bump keeps going tight but no pain so just more braxton hicks. Kept busy with cleaning today and planning a long walk tomorrow!

Hope you are all good. Missy you are brave working until 39+2! Best make sure you rest up over half-term.

Hoping your mum arrives safe Mrs TM and that baby arrives on time so she gets to spend some time with you both
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    millysg1 - I feel the same about working, I don't know what I would do with myself if I finished now, probably just binge on OBEM :p I'm finding it more difficult to get up in the morning, both physically and mentally! But when I'm at work I'm fine, it's just when I'm back home that I'm tired. I really enjoyed my lay-in this morning :) You're very organised in that you only have your hospital bag left to do! At least that means that when you do finish you will actually be able to use it as rest time hopefully.
    (

I've had to be ready early as with my extra fluid I was told by my consultant I could go into prem labour. And when I do I would need to go straight into hospital and not wait till I'd progressed to a certain level of contractions, so wouldn't even have time to put my bag together last minute.

They also said I had a greater chance of c-section so need to make sure I'm ready for after baby born as I'll be less able to do any afterwork.
  • jediquigley
    Options
    Congratulations to those ladies who have had their babies.

I have just about been keeping up with the board but haven't had time to do a proper reply and I can't remember who has said what by the time I get to the end lol

We don't have too many things to get as it's our second baby, one thing we need is a steriliser as my last one was recalled due to a fault. A lady at work said her daughter will sell me hers, her boy is 1 in April so she doesn't need it anymore. Need a few more clothes which I will wait and see what people buy me as tend to get brought lots of clothes.

My two and a half year old is really cute with baby, he strokes my stomach and hugs it and tickles it, I hope he loves baby just as much when it comes along.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport