MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Estateprincess
    Estateprincess Posts: 206 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2015 at 10:37AM
    Options
    Hello Everyone :hello:

Firstly sorry I've not been on, work was hectic as usual for January so even though I tried to keep up I didn't have time to post from the office and I've only got my phone at home and it is a nightmare to try and type with it on here :(

I hope everyone is as well as can be, Princess Kate I hope you're taking things easy x

Ok so for my update, My Little Man made an appearance at 37+1 weeks on 26/01/15 :D:eek::T:j

We have called him George William and despite a very rocky start with a bit of a stressful birth and a couple of days on SCBU we are now at home and settling into family life :D:D

Good Luck to everyone else on the list, time flies and soon you'll have your little bundles to enjoy xXxX
    2014 - This is Our Year :j
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Congratulations Estatepribcess, what a lovely name. I'm glad you're all home now & getting settled.

As for me, I've been taking it very easy since my fall! Hubby is staying off work today to make sure I'm ok, said he'd just worry about me if he went in. Still can't gelieve it happened but at least everything was ok! Thanks for all the well wishes. x
  • Always_Alone
    Options
    Janed9388 - Welcome!! :j Hope you are doing ok so far? Do you know if you are team Pink or Blue or are you staying yello?

Sulphate - thank you for doing the lists :o How did you get on with the cleaning? I hope you've been putting your feet up and resting a little bit at least? Make the most of it now while you still can!

Lottie - Huge cingrats on your arrival, hope you are all doing ok? Love the name you've picked too :)

Trixie - Good luck for your 3d scan today! Hope all goes well and baby strikes a pose for you!

Tilly - Thanks for the Boots heads up, might have to pop in there on my way home

Milly - You sound very organised! Yet another putting me to shame :rotfl:

Princess K - OUCH!! :eek: Hope you are feeling ok? Glad baby is ok as well, sounds like you took a proper tumble! Rest up and look after yourself and bubs

Estateprincess - Huge congrats! Sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough start but hopefully you are enjoying life with your new arrival

Last day at work tomorrow and i'll be 33 weeks :eek: Had a very embarrasing presentation by my colleagues this morning although my gifts included a 'baby brother' vest and a 'big brother' t-shirt, which are just adorable! Cannot wait to put my babies in them!

I won some tickets to our local baby and toddler show which is at the start of March so will jopefully have a wander down there and maybe pick up some freebies if i'm lucky!

Its Operation Get Baby Ready nxt week so i'm aiming to have all baby bits washed, some nappies ready, hospital bab packed and any other bits sorted.......after a Frankie and Bennie's breakfast first thing Monday morning :rotfl: I will report back nxt with [STRIKE]lack of[/STRIKE] progress.....:rotfl:
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Nicky_Noo_Na Posts: 763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 February 2015 at 6:42PM
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Congrats Lotti - I'm now actually properly first on the list, instead of my usual eeeek I'm gonna give it a woop woop!! I'm now 39+1 and can't wait for baby to be here.

Glad you had a lovely wedding Trixie, doesn't sound like you are having a restful time off though. And same to you sulphate, you sound far too busy - make sure you take some time to rest.

And what a wonderful surprise estate princess! Big congrats, hope all is well now you are home and settled.

Princess Kate - hope you are feeling OK after your fall. How scary!

As for me I'm getting a bit fed up now, had fairly strong braxton hicks last night and this morning but all stopped again now. I've done most of my jobs in the house and baby stuff is all ready so getting a bit bored. We still need to move all the furniture back into the living room after all the decorating but need hubby home for that so can't do it until the weekend but after that I think we are officially ready for baby to come! Really hoping I don't go much overdue but think I will. Need to go out for some long walks but it's too cold!! Trekking up and down the stairs will have to do!

Didn't sleep so well last night due to backache but managed a bit of a lie-in which was nice. Will do some tidying up this afternoon and then have a lovely long bath. I'm lucky that I can still get in and out of the bath on my own so can get baths without needing hubby to be home!

The nice part of still being pregnant is that I can properly feel baby moving and I've been playing catch the foot with the little wriggler - so cute! Baby loves it when hubby talks and blows raspberries on my belly too. Having baby here will still be better though! Hopefully not too much longer now!

Hope everyone is well and taking it easy
  • Always_Alone
    Options
    Ooooh quick question i forgot to ask, does anyone know when the various baby events end? I know Tescos, Asda, Morrisons and Aldi all have them on and was hoping they'd still be on nxt week so i can go at my lesiure once i've finished work!
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Boots one finishes on Tuesday I think
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    I'm a lot more achey today, think I'm going to have a cracking bruise on my bum too! Going to stay off work tomorrow too, don't want to push it, this is the time you need to listen to your body & mine is saying sit on the sofa, watch cookery programmes and drink lucozade! lots of ladies finishing work soon, this means we'll have lots of baby announcements coming up! Very exciting! x
  • x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Wow, lots of exciting updates!

First of all, congratulations to Lotti and Estateprincess :j Hoping that you are both enjoying your new job as parents :)

sulphate - hooray for maternity leave! How exciting taking the car in for a service ;) Enjoy your nesting but take it easy, although easier said than done!

Trixsie - congratulations on your wedding! What a shame you had a fall, but well done you for lasting the whole day... I was struggling towards the end of mine and I wasn't even pregnant at the time! :p It sounds like you had a wonderful time :) I have no idea on how to post pics though although I'd love to see! Mrs_T_M has put pics up before, maybe she can enlighten us? Enjoy your last few days off and also your 4d scan - ours was amazing when we had it at 28 weeks, could have watched it for hours :)

janed - glad you are diabetes-free! I know what you mean about missing out on the extra care, but at least you don't have to worry too much about what you eat. I don't know what I'd do if I turned out to have GD :o

milly - How lovely that you have been given so much stuff! I've also had the same dilemma with the baby clothes I've got so far - because I'm convinced I'm having a big baby I've only bought 0-3, although I've bought a couple of cheap newborn / first size things just in case! I had thought about leaving it until the nearer time so I can take them back if they don't fit, but then because I'll have to wash everything I'll need to take the tags off so that plan won't work :p

Princess - glad you're having the time off to get over your bug and your fall, that must have been scary so I'm glad everything is ok and you got to hear baby again :) You mentioned about having a bath but wasn't sure if you would be able to get out - I was fine when I had one the other night and it was lovely, I'd definitely recommend it! The heat might help with the bruising, although thinking about it, I suppose it depends on whether you would be sitting on the bruise in the bath! And you can always get OH to give you a hand ;) Take it easy and enjoy those cookery programmes!

Always - how lovely to have *hopefully* 7+ weeks of maternity! Make sure that you get lots of you time where you can chill and relax as well as getting everything prepared!

Nicky - hopefully a birth announcement soon!! I can understand your impatience, I'm already feeling like I can't wait and I've still for 8 and a bit weeks to go! Enjoy playing catch the foot whilst you can, it sounds fun :p
  • x_missymoo_x
    Options
    My lesson obs went really well, and I feel like I can let out a massive sigh of relief now its over with! It's exciting working out how many lessons I have left with each class, some I'm looking forward to getting rid of more than others! :p Had another parents evening on Tuesday but came home to a lovely candlelit bath run by OH. I've told him that this now needs to be a regular occurrence :)

I had a bit of a worry last night as my parents' dog jumped on me whilst I was sitting down and both paws landed on my stomach! It was my own fault as I was holding his toy up as I was playing with him (and teasing him, I'll admit!), but he's a whopper of a dog and so it took me by surprise. I felt a bit achey after and baby was very active in the following half hour, but it soon got back to normal and I've felt nothing out of the ordinary today so I'm sure its fine. I just forget that I need to be more careful :o

I've not done much baby-related this week as I've been too focused on work, but we have also signed up to a Mothercare parent evening in 2 weeks time. I'm really excited! Has anyone been before and have any idea on what you get in the goody bag? Love a freebie :p
  • minicazzybee
    Options
    Hi Missymoo,
    sorry I don't know how to quote posts. I went to a
    Mothercare event a few months ago and it was great. The goodie bag generally contains bounty/Emma's diary type sachets and samples, mine had a full sized bar of galaxy choc and a couple of bottles of appletize. They close the store to general public and have wine/soft drinks and other refreshments and lots of talks from breast feeding experts/baby safety tips. They also give you a 10% off voucher to use in the store on the night or the following weekend. We used this on our travel system and Moses basket stand so it saved us upwards of £50.

There were loads of staff on hand to answer questions, although the pram test-driving area did get a bit congested! hope this helps. X
    Sept GC £42.22/£60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport