MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Munchkin84
    Options
    Thank you Happy Lassie. Not going to lie. I’m terrified
  • HappyLassie13
    Options
    Oh i bet you are! but you'll be absolutely fine! and your little one will be in your arms so soon!
    Its easier said than done to try and relax, your in the safest place with people who know every scenario, but its still scary!
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    To be honest I didn’t sleep last night so I’m knackered.
    Currently on a ctg.
    I’ll try and get some sleep later. This hospital bed is quite comfy
  • Celepie
    Celepie Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck, Munchkin! Soon you'll be holding your lovely little baby in your arms xx
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    All the best for the coming hours Munchkin, bet you can't wait to meet your little one :) x
  • Munchkin84
    Options
    Came in Friday 11am to be induced. Due to higher BP I didn’t get induced until 6pm. With a 24hr pessary.
    6pm Saturday, had a 6 hr pessary put in.
    Was put on ctg again around midnight Saturday and baby was sleepy and not moving much so ended up on it for 2hrs. Then got told they were taking me to delivery suite for monitoring but I hadn’t progressed very far. Until I stood up and felt liquid falling out of me and noticed the bed was wet. Told the midwife I think my waters have gone then went to the loo where they definitely went. Onto delivery suite for 2.30 am today.
    10cm dilated around 9am ish I think.
    And happy to say baby boy was born at 10.32 this morning. Weighing a tiny 4lb 15oz.
    I couldn’t pass the placenta so a doctor manually removed it for me so I didn’t have to go to theatre.
    Baby is in special care, only under a heat lamp. They wanted to feed him so had to get my permission to formula feed as I can’t be with him at the min. He also has a tongue tie so that may affect me BF I til it’s sorted.
    I am so in love with this tiny human. I can’t believe he’s here.
    My belly feels so flat it’s weird.
    Hope you’re all ok. Thank you for the messages youve sent x
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello, not been here properly for a while.

I’m 31 weeks pregnant on Tuesday (due 12th February) so well into my third trimester now. My 20 week scan showed my placenta as anterior and low lying so I needed to be scanned again to see if it’s moved up. That’s due 20th December.

Baby seems to enjoy moving a lot on my left hand side. It feels quite hard and looking online I believe that’s her back or bum. I know she is head down as my midwife checked at 28 weeks. It’s good also as it would appear she isn’t back to back (I’m told this can complicate birth?) so I’m hoping if my placenta has moved I can give birth naturally. Ultimately we want her out safely so what will be will be.
    :money::rotfl::T
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Arr congratulations Munchkin. Been wondering how you’ve been going on. Enjoy the lil one and hope he’s ok and ready to come home with you all soon :)
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations Munchkin! Fab news.

Sarahj - I had a back to back labour with DS. Was horrendous. I'm opting for a section this time. Hoping my placenta hasn't moved (find out Thursday) as this makes it an automatic section!
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats Munchkin! Hope you're enjoying your time with him :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure