MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm good, yes due 4th Feb. Now on leave and start mat leave on 15th Jan. Very much looking forward to the rest! I've had my section confirmed so likely to have her week of 28th Jan, which seems really close now! I get my date confirmed on 13th Jan. I just hope I don't go in to labour early!
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    I'm heading back to work next Monday for two weeks, but last day will be the 18th Jan which doesn't seem so far away now! We have a small amount of building work starting on the 8th-9th Jan which will leave us with no walls in the hall/stairs/landing, but the aim is to get them back on before baby gets here. I'm sure it'll be fine.... :eek:
  • firebird082
    Options
    Hi everyone! I used to lurk on here an awful lot when I was expecting my daughter, but have been absent for a good year or more. Am currently 37 weeks with number 2, and massively struggling with gluteal/buttock/lower back pain �� Baby is due 18th Jan if I could be added to the list? Anyone else due in January?
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Firebird. I don't think we have a list, though if we did I think you'd be at the top! Next is me and HopHop on 4th Feb and Celepie on 9th I think.

I'm having a c section week of the 28th though, so may just sneak in to January!

NAMES?! I am really struggling. We have such different tastes in names. He hates the ones I love. He doesn't love any but likes a few which I'm quite Meh about it.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Can I ask you guys as you’ll probably know. You know what the internet’s like but I thought I’d ask. I’ve read the health visitor comes out around 28 weeks (so only 4 weeks away), is it true and if so what is it about? Dreading it tbh as I thought they would only come out when lil one arrives
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • firebird082
    Options
    I think it depends on area - I had a friend who had an antenatal visit in the next county, but nothing here. HVs are pretty harmless though, so don't worry about it!
  • Munchkin84
    Munchkin84 Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    When my HV came to me she wanted to see where baby was going to sleep, just to make sure it was suitable. We have a bedside crib but we don’t have it next to the bed, she just checked it wasn’t near a radiator or anything.
    We discussed breastfeeding, said I’d try as I wanted to but if I couldn’t do it I wasn’t going to beat myself up.
    She asked how I was feeling.
    I can’t really remember what else we discussed, (it was mid October, I probably posted on here about it)
    I was nervous about it, but I really didn’t need to be.
  • Celepie
    Celepie Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Ours don’t visit pre-birth so think it just depends!
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Ah ok so it depends on the area. I’ll have to ask one of my friends who uses the same surgery if it’s the same, but it’s 5 years since she had hers. Thanks for your help tho
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • HopHop
    HopHop Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Mine is visiting in 2 weeks time which will be 38 weeks. The house is going to be an absolute tip with renovation work so hopefully they can just look past the fact there won't be any walls in some areas :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure