MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• firebird082
    Options
    HopHop wrote: »
    Mine is visiting in 2 weeks time which will be 38 weeks. The house is going to be an absolute tip with renovation work so hopefully they can just look past the fact there won't be any walls in some areas :o

Ouch, you have my sympathies. We have just moved back into ours after building an extension. New space is fab, but we are still awaiting remaining doors and windows. They are being fitted 3 days after my due date :rotfl: We are currently taking bets as to likelihood of windows arriving before baby! Daughter was induced at 42 weeks, so i reckon we're safe :D
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello all

We’ve got the health visitor coming round Tuesday (so I’ll be 35 weeks) which I’m a little nervous about. The letter we got sent made it look a little scary but maybe that’s just me being over sensitive.

I had 2 scans, one before Christmas and one on Thursday. My placenta is still showing as low lying. It’s currently 1.3cm away from the cervix and even on the scan it’s obviously too low. I’m getting scanned again on 22nd which is 37 weeks to see if it has moved. I don’t know how likely it is. I’m told as my placenta is anterior there is a chance it might move last minute. If it hasn’t moved it will be a planned section.

Anybody had any experience of low lying placenta or even a planned section? This is my first so all new to me
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 January 2019 at 10:20AM
    Options
    In my last area and in this one they don't do pre-birth home visits, so it certainly isn't standard.

Last time when they did visit after birth, she didn't leave the lounge.

Sarah - I had a low lying placenta last time, and it did move. This time mine is low again but had moved by 33 weeks. Depending on your trust it might not need to move much, both my last trust and this one only needed 1.6cm clearance but I know some want 2cm.

I'm having an elective section this time. I have opted for one due to horrendous birth last time and long lasting effects but baby is breech any way so I don't get a choice!
  • firebird082
    Options
    My placenta was low lying last time and had moved by the time they did at a scan at 35 ish weeks to check. I think in most cases it does tend to move.

In some ways I would prefer to have a section this time, as it would make childcare an awful lot easier than just waiting for something to happen! 38+6 now, and baby still moving around quite a lot - very annoying!
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you - our trust is 2.5cm away do I have 1.2cm left to move or else it will be a planned section.

Health visitor went ok. She was lovely and explained the service they offered and answered any questions we had. The letter definitely made it look a lot scarier than what it was!

First day of my maternity leave (I had my holidays to use) so time to start getting my hospital bag prepared. Got most of it just need to go through what I have got now
    :money::rotfl::T
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    I’ve got mine a fortnight today. Will be just under 27 weeks so seems rather early, but my docs seemed to have done everything early including thyroid appointment. I’m wondering if it’s also because there seems to be a lot due in a similar time, so another ticked off.

That’s what I’m hoping anyway. Doesn’t give long to tidy up though :/
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • firebird082
    Options
    Well, I'm now 39+2, and had period type pains overnight. That was the type of pain i had with contractions after induction last time, but no idea what that might mean this time, as have never gone through it naturally before! Hoping it's at least the start of the first stage, as still have 2+ weeks to go before facing induction...

Probably ought to finish packing my hospital bag now then ��
  • Celepie
    Celepie Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Any news, firebird? Or anyone else? We all still here and huge?!
  • firebird082
    Options
    B*gger all going on here �� Had high hopes this morning when I felt really sick (that was first sign after induction drugs last time), but...nothing ☹️
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope things get moving for you soon firebird.

No news here. Mat leave starts officially tomorrow. I've got a handful of jobs to do to be ready for baby, shorten curtains, a bit of tidying but not much. Beginning to think I might have a week too much before baby arrives.

I'm also really uncomfortable and feel huge and on one hand want baby to come soon but on the other I know I really hate the early days so want to put it off as long as possible!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure