🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Trials & Tribulations of Trying to Conceive when its just not happening (12m+)

Options

Comments

• Part_Mouse
    Part_Mouse Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    Options
    Vesper since I've pretty much a,ways known about my pcos contraception has never been something that I needed.i can't remember if you have pcos or not.
  • lisawood78
    lisawood78 Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Options
    Contraception?!? What who whaaaa!? Lol
    12 years here.
    And never will need to.
    Hugs for all x
    2 angels in heaven :A
  • vesper
    vesper Posts: 941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Part_Mouse wrote: »
    Vesper since I've pretty much a,ways known about my pcos contraception has never been something that I needed.i can't remember if you have pcos or not.

No I don't have pcos as far as I know, how ever I do have a lot of symptoms associated with it, my GP believed that I may have it. But as of yet no tests have proven I have it.
    Remember never judge someone that makes a mistake, because in six months time it may be you that makes the next mistake.
  • Part_Mouse
    Options
    Vesper the symptoms of pcos are a mega headache.so i feel for you.
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've just had a crying-in-the-toilets moment at work. :(

A girl in my office has been off on parental leave following adoption and is back today. Cue a stream of people wanting to know all the details of how it's been and share kiddy stories. What set me off was hearing her talk to a guy who's expecting his first in a few months.

I didn't expect this to bother me - hadn't really given today any thought. Normally I do pretty well with it all. DH and I have good lives and lots of hobbies we love that will take a back seat when littluns come along, so I'm normally fairly pragmatic about the whole thing.

Just occasionally, something will really get to me. :(

And today is CD1. :(:(
  • Part_Mouse
    Options
    Pink huge hugs for the tears and cd1.Is there any chocolate around?
  • pinkteapot
    edited 12 May 2014 at 10:26AM
    Options
    Part_Mouse wrote: »
    Pink huge hugs for the tears and cd1.Is there any chocolate around?

That's the worst part... I'm MFPing (MyFitnessPal) again as my weight crept up by half a stone, so I can't even eat chocolate! :eek:

Stupid question for everyone - being on lower calories to lose weight won't hurt my chances of getting pg, will it? I worry that my body will think "uh oh, it's a time of famine - not much food around so we'd better not have a baby right now". :o

I lost a few stone four years ago and I've kept the weight off. I go back to rigid MFPing if I put a bit back on, as I don't want to go back to being larger. But my BMI now is 22.7 so I don't actually need to cut calories if it might stop little bean forming!
  • Part_Mouse
    Options
    im not expert but your bmi is well within a healthy weight and i would allow myself some chocolate.

If your weight does get to low it can indeed stop you from getting pregnant but it doesnt sound at all like your under weight. Don't be to hard on yourself, life is for living :)
  • pinkteapot
    Options
    Thanks pm. :) I've never been underweight - I like wine and chocolate too much. :rotfl:

It makes me unhappy if I put weight back on, so I prefer to get back on the counting and return to my preferred weight, but frankly today I'm going to give in to the chocolate urge. Was OK again and now the conversation's being had for the umpteenth time and I'm struggling not to cry again. :(

Didn't occur to me that this would happen. Like I said, normally I handle the whole thing pretty well. Or maybe I just live in denial most of the time!
  • Part_Mouse
    Options
    pink it gets to us all sometimes.Are you on lunch break soon ish? might be a good oppertunity for some much needed chocie and a good cry.Imo its better to let the frustrations/hurt out from time to time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure