PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Singlies - We Do It Our Way!

Options

Comments

• mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Byatt - Hopefully be better, some terriosts took over a museum in Tunis and 22 people got killed, - one was from my county.

Hope your feeling better soon, you take care xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    Byatt - Hopefully be better, some terriosts took over a museum in Tunis and 22 people got killed, - one was from my county.

Hope your feeling better soon, you take care xx

When I saw this on the news I thought of you as I know you holiday there often. I hope your holiday does not get spoilt. Really sad about those that were killed.
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • springdreams
    Options
    If anyone fancies making new virtual friends, and playing the alphabet game, do pop over to the alphabet thread in the Arms

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=67990530&posted=1#post67990530

It is just a bit of banter and fun. The aim is to get at least one poster from each letter of the alphabet to post. The challenge is to try claim your letter before a poster with the same letter does. Currently the rounds have been going in the usual alphabetical order of A - Z. Sometimes they go Z - A, and sometimes they are for numbers.

Do feel free to join in. A new round is due to start soon.
    SPC No. 518
  • LavenderBees
    LavenderBees Posts: 1,718 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 20 March 2015 at 8:26AM
    Options
    One person's troll is another person's revolutionary, to paraphrase a well known saying. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just because it doesn't tie in with your own doesn't make it a troll.

What I would ask is that you ALL post with respect for each other's right to state opinions/discuss etc, please or you will surely kill off this thread. If you are naturally opinionated, think before you post about the potential offence you can be causing whether inadvertent or not. That means you, too....yes, you, who thinks it doesn't mean you...you at the back...

Now, I'm getting back to the actual important things in my own life. Far more important things in everyone's lives than this. People must think I'm stupid, but here's an alert....I'm not!

Enjoy the eclipse/weekend/your lives

LB xx
  • Winter_Phoenix
    Options
    Byatt wrote: »
    I'm very, very tired at the moment...ache a lot, partly from a fall...went sky diving in a garage ;) ...busy with work...and usual stuff with DD...nothing for mothers day, not even a home made card, and although I didn't really expect one, felt quite sad.

Nothing exciting happening, just keeping on keeping on, right now, so nothing upbeat I'm afraid.

Byatt, I love your way with words - "skydiving in a garage" indeed! Hope the bruises soon fade.

And so sorry to hear about the lack of a Mothers' Day card. I know it's only a little thing in itself; just a bit of cardboard. But to have done so much "mothering" and not to have it acknowledged even in this simple way - that's very hard.
    e cineribus resurgam
    ("From the ashes I shall arise.")
  • JustKeepSwimming_2
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    ...Back to the consultant tomorrow, so fingers crossed.

On a health view, I was reminded that my smear was overdue..... according to the GP just 5 years out of date..... bless her heart the doc said while your here.... me thinking glad i had a shower just before I went in....
    As me being me, I dont do things by half, didnt work as I have a rather difficult prolaspe..... so I have now been referred to the gyne clinic - been told to prepare myself for more surgery............. I guess it has to be sorted.

On a fun/mad point I int really know but I have dyed my hair was meant to be a red colour, looks more purple.... Only semi one, thought sod it, do things for me. xx

Not been around much lately so just catching up - you're still going through it, Mum2one aren't you? Hope things improve for you & glad to hear your Dad is doing better. My fingers are crossed for you.

Purple hair, eh? You're brave - I still stick to boring brown to cover the grey streaks. I really fancy bright red, but I think the grey may go a bit weird & every time I buy more dye I look at the more exciting colours in awe - but working in a school I think I'd be sent home if I went for anything too bright :rotfl: Suspended, at my age!
    ellie99 wrote: »
    ....I'm so fed up right now. The strain of clearing aunts house is getting to the whole family. The only person oblivious to it all is aunt herself, who just left all the mess behind! Have shouted at DS twice this week, and I never fall out or shout at him :(
    Parents are also miserable. Every time I come home from her flat I want to get rid of more things...my DM is bringing stuff home to keep, and her house is already full. Guess who will have to clear that out on her own one day?!

I feel for you Ellie & I'll be right where you are at some point in the future, having to deal with my Ma's house filled top to bottom with carp. I don't underestimate how exhausting it is & I'm dreading having to do it. I helped a friend clear a few rooms in her Great Aunt's house & that was draining enough seeing how upset she got. It must be hard when you have to sort through everything to make sure you don't throw out anything precious. At least in my Ma's case I know most of it won't be worth keeping :rotfl: I'm trying really hard to cut down on my carp, & organise what is left in the loft better, so that the kids will know what they can safely chuck out. It's taking longer than I thought :D

Not sure what's going on with the last posts - you all know which ones I mean. Life's too short to getting so excited about posts on a thread - we all have opinions & not everybody will agree with everyone's opinions. LB says it more eloquently than me - as I'm pretty ineloquent in case you haven't gathered that :D
    One person's troll is another person's revolutionary, to paraphrase a well known saying. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just because it doesn't tie in with your own doesn't make it a troll.

What I would ask is that you ALL post with respect for each other's right to state opinions/discuss etc, please or you will surely kill off this thread. If you are naturally opinionated, think before you post about the potential offence you can be causing whether inadvertent or not. That means you, too....yes, you, who thinks it doesn't mean you...you at the back...

Now, I'm getting back to the actual important things in my own life. Far more important things in everyone's lives than this. People must think I'm stupid, but here's an alert....I'm not!

Enjoy the eclipse/weekend/your lives

LB xx

But I will say I'm surprised at Charliehasfleas' post - I don't think LB has to act as the thread police just because she started this excellent thread. Its a shame that you feel you are unable to keep following this thread - I find it fun, supportive & interesting, even if the odd comment makes my go "Oh I don't think that should have been posted". And even though I'm sometime rubbish at keeping up to date I intend to keep following as there are some lovely people on this thread. Its also a shame that some of the old regular posters are no longer posting.

Right, nuff said. Who saw the eclipse? Wasn't it fab? We're all off school with flu so I was able to drag my behind outside every 10 minutes or so with DS (DD watched from the bed in her lair). Really lovely experience as he was soooo excited - I'd have missed seeing it with him if I'd been at work, so it was almost worth getting flu for. Almost though, flu is vile. Next time I say I'm not getting a flu jab someone slap me :rotfl:. This is right up here with having chicken pox as a breast feeding Mum (& I had spots in places you really shouldn't have spots :eek:) although this flu is lingering longer. All the excitement of seeing the eclipse & visiting the GP has wiped me out, & I'm back in bed. DD hasn't really surfaced much this week, so DS has had the TV all to himself, curled up with his duvet & dozing in between sneezes - don't think he'll ever want to go back to school again if he can carry on like this.

Slack parenting, but I'm too tired to care.
    & as for some happy ending I'd rather stay single & thin :D

• JustKeepSwimming_2
    Options
    Byatt, I love your way with words - "skydiving in a garage" indeed! Hope the bruises soon fade.

And so sorry to hear about the lack of a Mothers' Day card. I know it's only a little thing in itself; just a bit of cardboard. But to have done so much "mothering" and not to have it acknowledged even in this simple way - that's very hard.

Yes Byatt, meant to say I was thinking how difficult that must be. It hacks me off when ex insisted that DD & DS make cards for their stepmum, but never checked they'd made them for me. I've no objection to them giving her cards (now they refuse to I find it sad but I'm not going to force them) but it p'd me off that he couldn't even ensure I got a card. K n o b :rotfl: But your situation is completely different, & I feel for you. Its not fair. Again WP says what I want to say, only better. I have eloquence envy :D

Hope the bruises heal soon - skydiving sounds exciting, but I bet it wasn't really.

• springdreams
    Options
    We have a lovely clear sky now (taken a sick day as I had a steroid injection in my frozen shoulder yesterday afternoon and now in more pain than before I had it), but when the eclipse was happening it was thick grey clouds so I didn't get to see the eclipse. :(

Very disappointing as the next one will apparently be in 75 years time and I seriously doubt I'll be around then. If I am I will belong in the Guinness Book of World records for being the world's oldest person!
    SPC No. 518
  • JustKeepSwimming_2
    Options
    We have a lovely clear sky now (taken a sick day as I had a steroid injection in my frozen shoulder yesterday afternoon and now in more pain than before I had it), but when the eclipse was happening it was thick grey clouds so I didn't get to see the eclipse. :(

Very disappointing as the next one will apparently be in 75 years time and I seriously doubt I'll be around then. If I am I will belong in the Guinness Book of World records for being the world's oldest person!

Ouch to the injection - hope it makes some difference over the coming weeks & months.

Sure there will be gazillions of stuff on Stargazing Live BBC2 9pm onwards. I've been glued to it for the last few nights (bit of a astronomy geek) & its been brilliant - especially Brian Cox & Dara O'Briain fanboying over Buzz Aldrin. I'm doing a fab course on FutureLearn about moons - really fascinating & thoroughly recommended; you can still sign up for it & go into as much detail (or not) as you like. Just wish my brain wasn't so full of cotton wool - being off work gives me more time but all I can do is sleep & chat. I tried following the course & could hardly remember anything :rotfl:

My timing is, as ever, shoite :D

• moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Personal opinions have been expressed that indeed shouldn't have been expressed and have no part on our thread.

I guess expecting the initiator of a thread to act as "thread police" isn't a role ever foreseen as likely by the OP of a thread and must come as a bit of a surprise to find posts like it happening on a thread they originated and may not wish to spend time/emotional energy on fulfilling such a role or may wonder if "policing" would work at dealing with such posts.

Perhaps its best if we collectively ignore the posts that started this topic off and move on and forget the posts concerned now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure