Save Zillions On Cleaning Products

edited 8 August 2018 at 12:42PM in Old Style MoneySaving
596 replies 391.4K views

Replies

• needmoneyneedmoney Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know where to put this but it's slightly cleaning related so, I forgot to buy kitchen roll and now have a brand new white toilet roll on the kitchen holder, it's paper, it's new and it's clean so why do i feel not right about it.
    Anyone else done this?
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• squeakysqueaky Forumite
    14.1K posts
    I'm a Volunteer Board Guide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Loadsa times. LOADS!!!

But then, I'm a bloke! What else would you expect?

I've also used free sales magazines as "paper plates".

When a "plate" is dirty - turn the page!

:)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
    4.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    squeaky wrote:
    Yep. Loadsa times. LOADS!!!

But then, I'm a bloke! What else would you expect?

I've also used free sales magazines as "paper plates".

When a "plate" is dirty - turn the page!

:)
    :rotfl::rotfl: hope you tear out the dirty pages:rotfl: :rotfl:
    That's not a lot of consolation cos blokes are different ;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

14.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    needmoney wrote:
    :rotfl::rotfl: hope you tear out the dirty pages:rotfl: :rotfl:
    That's not a lot of consolation cos blokes are different ;)

Watch my lips:- "I turn the page"

bigsmile.gif
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • HappySadHappySad Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    My son's dirty nappy bucket smells really bad. When every you open it up to put another dirty nappy into it you get a drift of smelly nappy. Do you know of any natural and of course cheap ways of making it smalll better? What I am asking for is a natural air freshener.

Thanks
    Full time Mother of 19months old toddler and new MSEer :rotfl:
    “…the ‘insatiability doctrine – we spend money we don’t have, on things we don’t need, to make impressions that don’t last, on people we don’t care about.” Professor Tim Jackson

“The best things in life is not things"
    14.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HappySad wrote:
    My son's dirty nappy bucket smells really bad. When every you open it up to put another dirty nappy into it you get a drift of smelly nappy. Do you know of any natural and of course cheap ways of making it smalll better? What I am asking for is a natural air freshener.

Thanks
    Full time Mother of 19months old toddler and new MSEer :rotfl:
    Hiya, welcome to MoneySaving :)

And YES, of course we do!

Hang on a second while I get the right place for you...

..there's a sticky post at the top of our board called Save Zillions on Cleaning... which has a number of links in the Vinegar section entitled "Odour removal" and the even more engaging "Plugholes and Nappies"

The link to that page is ---> Click Here
    4.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Squeaky you just made me smile and I needed a smile to take to bed with me.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

14.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome. :)

Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...

..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    4.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Squeaky you sound really nice for a bloke:D hugs and smiles back to you then and eveyone come to that. Have a nice Sunday all.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• SivadSivad Forumite
    6 posts
    wrote:
    Used to spend ages cleaning the patio with a pressure washer. Now I just buy five litres of bleach from LIDL, dilute with two parts water and spread it over patio with a brush.

I soon learned that you don't have to brush hard to get rid of green stuff. Just let the bleach do its work and wait for the next rain to wash it away.

Used to take me an hour with the pressure washer now takes five minutes

I use to use a power washer but found it eventually was stripping away the surface coating, as I have this mass produced York Riven Paving!!!

About three of four summers ago, I also found using bleach was the best way.