PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Singlies - We Do It Our Way!

Options
1537538539540541543»

Comments

• Patchwork_Quilt
    Options
    Hi there! Finally got the to end of this thread and I've enjoyed (most of it) so much. Had an interesting moment the other day when I went to a local cafe and, as there were no free tables, asked to share with another woman who was sitting by herself. She was lovely but said, "It's hard when you're on your own, isn't it?" I felt as if I'd passed a milestone.

Speaking of milestones, it's a big birthday soon and I never expected to be spending it in the process of getting divorced. I'm veering between being worried about the future, cheesed off at having to be responsible for everything myself, and looking forward to some freedom. Did anyone else wonder what to do with their wedding ring? I've put it on the other hand but then I realised that perhaps I was sending out a 'been married but not now' message. I wondered if having it resized and wearing it on a different finger would be better. I like the ring but I don't want to send any message about status. Or does it really matter?

Anyway, I could do with some company for the journey. We still haven't sold the house and are living together but apart, which is really difficult. It's hard for the children and my side of the family won't visit until I have my own space. Friends have been extremely kind but they're all going through blissful periods in their marriages. A woman I know who appeared to be in the same situation seemed like a good buddy until she told me that they were splitting up because she had cheated on her husband, she wasn't sorry and he was heartbroken. Suddenly, I felt wary of her, although I'm worried that it seems judgemental. I identify too strongly with him. Anyway, MSE Singlies seemed like a safe haven and I can read the thread in real time now!

Sleep well and 'see' you all soon. X
  • CraigA2018
    Options
    Hello there everyone,

I am young free & single. I am a Voluntary/Charity Fundraiser and i'm a Hospital Radio Presenter/DJ at my local Hospital where I live I love it, I enjoy music, meeting new people but I only like small crowds, I am into Science Fiction i.e Star Trek Doctor Who, Thunderbirds, Stingray, Capt Scarlet, U.F.O, Space 1999 etc.
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CraigA2018 wrote: »
    Hello there everyone,

I am young free & single. I am a Voluntary/Charity Fundraiser and i'm a Hospital Radio Presenter/DJ at my local Hospital where I live I love it, I enjoy music, meeting new people but I only like small crowds, I am into Science Fiction i.e Star Trek Doctor Who, Thunderbirds, Stingray, Capt Scarlet, U.F.O, Space 1999 etc.

Welcome Craig! I think most of us on here can remember all your scifi favourites from the first time around. You missed Quatermass and the Pit!
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • frugal_lass
    Options
    Welcome Mummybobble. For an awful moment, I thought I would be chatting to myself...just like being at home, then :rotfl:

ETA - welcome the others, too! :j

Ok - this must be one of the hardest jobs that a singlie without family has to do...not meant to be morbid, but this year is the year I am going to sort out my paperwork, and by that I mean my will and my living will.

The problem I have is that I have no family at all that I want to leave my worldly goods to, in fact, unfortunately, I feel I need to make it water tight to stop toxic siblings getting anything. I spent a good part of this weekend, trying to think what I want to do, but it's incredibly hard.

Has anyone any experience of this? What sorts of things did you think about?

I will involve a solicitor at some point but clearly I need to put a great deal more thought into what I want my will to achieve, before I involve a professional.

hah!! How to start a new hopeful thread off, eh? Cheerful Charlie, that's me :rotfl:

I did my will a few years ago. I’m an only child and my Dad is a gambler. I don’t want him to blow my hard earned cash so I did my will using a solicitor. I left everything to charity if my mum’s not around when I pass. Good luck! I got a lot of mental peace from doing it.
    Mortgage so far: £31,630.01Aiming to be mortgage free by 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport