chemical Peel home kit

Options

Comments

• sweetcheeks33
    Options
    I am looking to lessen some sun spots and red marks left by spots and some blackheads....

Am I better with mandelic if I have been reading right?
    I am nearly finished by 10% glycolic.

Thanks for above top on degreasing I never thought of that!
  • Anoneemoose
    Options
    I am having quite a lot of purging :-(. Does this lessen with each use of the mandelic/salicylic? I have noticed that any spots i get now turn into whiteheads straightaway which is good however, I seem to have had loads this last week!
  • RachRubyD
    Options
    I am having quite a lot of purging :-(. Does this lessen with each use of the mandelic/salicylic? I have noticed that any spots i get now turn into whiteheads straightaway which is good however, I seem to have had loads this last week!

Am the exact same. I used the mandelic/Salicylic last week 20% for the first time and getting a lot of small white head spots on my chin area. Seem to go quickly just wondering like Anoeemose is that meant to happen. I normally use Glyolic acid 40% each week but rotating at the moment.
  • hotspur_pam
    hotspur_pam Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    How's the peeling going guys? :beer:

I had an outbreak of a few whiteheads on my cheeks particularly where the deep acne scars were but i've had no further outbreaks in the last week. The upside though, the whiteheads dried up and left the acne scars looking more flat on the skin :T.

It's noticeable that the acne scarring is reducing on my right cheek more quickly than on the left, but i guess it's because i sleep on my left and maybe that affects the skin healing process in someway, nevertheless i'm happy with results so far :).

The mandelic hasn't really done much about the stubborn blackheads though but hey, i'm happy. Any updates out there?:)
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was impressed with the toner I tried, even though I washed and cleansed my face before hand I was shocked at how much dirt came out on the cotton pad :o it got rid of all my surface dead skin something which none of the (many) exfoliating creams/lotions or wash cloths I had brought managed.

I can't use it on my face anymore as I did my first proper peel at the weekend (you can't use both at the same time) I did use it to 'decrease' thanks to fizzytrinket for that tip so am now just using it on my neck and chest.

The peel went ok I only left it on for a minute, I used the brush for some areas and my fingertips around my nose and mouth. I haven't seen any results yet, I do seem to be coming out in more spots than normal though, this weekend I will leave on for two minutes.

hotspur_pam how many weeks have you been using the peel?
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I bought the collagen booster kit with the mandelic acid. Used it on Saturday and now have some massive spots! I hope its just pouring.

Been using spf religiously too. Hoping for lovely skin by Summer :)
  • Mini_Lover
    Mini_Lover Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I've been watching this thread and aw wondering if someone could advise me what peel to use as a first timer.

My skin is generally good but I get spots on my nose and my worse problem is I have pigmentation and indentation on my chin from past acne.

I just don't know what peel would be best and was wondering if anyone else has the same issues as me.
    Debt remaining:
    Santander Loan - £4,872.89 (£142.37 PM - Expires April 2020)
    Halifax Credit Card - £300
    Credit Union Loan - £500
    Family Loan - £800
    Car Finance - £2,906.83 (£281.12 PM - Expires May 2017)
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Done my second peel (two minutes) yesterday, today I have really dry skin, is this normal? does anyone else experience this? I am hoping during the week it will get back to normal.
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    I've bought a few face peels from sr-skincare. However, it was an age ago & I've forgotton what I used to buy. I did try their Mandelic toner, but found it did nothing for my skin.

Thinking about trying their collagen kit. Has anyone tried it?

What skin prep do you need to do before applying the peel? Is it just a case of washing your face with a cleanser first?
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've bought a few face peels from sr-skincare. However, it was an age ago & I've forgotton what I used to buy. I did try their Mandelic toner, but found it did nothing for my skin.

Thinking about trying their collagen kit. Has anyone tried it?

What skin prep do you need to do before applying the peel? Is it just a case of washing your face with a cleanser first?

Hi I have this as well as a mandelic. Its ok my skin does better with the mandelic I wash and use witch Hazel to get it fully degreased.

Dry skin is normal following just make sure you keep it well moisturised and it will be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure