chemical Peel home kit

Options

Comments

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After a few weeks break due to having blumin flu and a face eruption because I am a little stressed (redundancy) and run down I am back to it.

Mandelic tonight followed by a good proper extraction on my nose the mandelic lifts them enough to remove them fully so looking glowey again (should get away with less make up yay)

Hows everyone else? I see we have some new faces welcome to the thread.
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Week 2 of using the collagen kit and I can see a vast improvement in my skin. Still spots appearing on my chin, disappearing quicker though.
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mellymoo74 wrote: »
    After a few weeks break due to having blumin flu and a face eruption because I am a little stressed (redundancy) and run down I am back to it.

Mandelic tonight followed by a good proper extraction on my nose the mandelic lifts them enough to remove them fully so looking glowey again (should get away with less make up yay)

Hows everyone else? I see we have some new faces welcome to the thread.

Hi Mellymoo!

So sorry to hear about your redundancy. Thinking of you.

I am a bit fed up because my skin has gone so dry with the mandelic/salycylic...so I had week break and started the glycolic again.

I had been using double wear foundation which I managed without for a few days but now my skin is so dry, the double wear makes me look 'caked'.

Do you just have mandelic on its own? And what benefits does this have for you?
  • fizzytrinket
    Options
    What are you moisturising with anoneemoose?
    Have you flaked?
    After I do my peel I use aloe Vera mixed with jojoba oil. This is great for my skin.
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    the_devil_made_me_do_it Posts: 5,567 Forumite
    edited 11 March 2014 at 12:23AM
    Options
    nikki2804 wrote: »
    Week 2 of using the collagen kit and I can see a vast improvement in my skin. Still spots appearing on my chin, disappearing quicker though.

Which peel did you get in the kit?

Actually just had a look at the kit and there's no sunscreen included. Do people who've tried this kit use their own separate sunscreen?
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What are you moisturising with anoneemoose?
    Have you flaked?
    After I do my peel I use aloe Vera mixed with jojoba oil. This is great for my skin.

I've been using the lumineux cream. It only flakes on my nose really.
  • fizzytrinket
    Options
    I've been using the lumineux cream. It only flakes on my nose really.

Just googled that cream. Looks fab! Perhaps it's not moisturising enough at first. Can you add a light oil on top?

I use serum then moisturiser then oil. Read somewhere it's what the Japanese do. So I'm trying it. :T
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I use an oil directly after the peel (about an hour) a d also spritz with lavender water.
    If there are certain areas that are sensitive you can put a barrier on them I use a lovely lip alm made.of shea and cocoa butter and that stops those areas getti g upset.

Sr do a after peel treatment that contains sunscreen I am getting it at the end of the mont currently using a factor 50 bokts facial o e.
  • RachRubyD
    RachRubyD Posts: 418 Forumite
    Options
    I've got glyolic acid 40% and used it about 4 times now, doesn't sting much and skin tolerates it fine. Am just wondering on average how long do you lot leave it on? I know it says like 5 minutes on the leaflet but it doesn't seem to do much for my skin.

I am only young but have lines on my forehead (had them from young age don't know why, think I raise my eyebrows a lot) my skin is dry/normal and I get the occasional hormonal spot. I've got a few little marks from spots in the past. So maybe because there isn't much to treat I won't get great results?

My mum just got alpha-h liquid gold and I feel this makes more of an improvement on my skin than the peels.
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Which peel did you get in the kit?

Actually just had a look at the kit and there's no sunscreen included. Do people who've tried this kit use their own separate sunscreen?

I got the mandelic acid as it seemed geared toward acne marks/pigmentation. I've been using my own spf, the clarins one :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure