We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

chemical Peel home kit

Options

Comments

• Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Vicky123 wrote: »
    Thanks Anoneemoose, I don't really have a spot problem although tiny bit of scarring from teen years of pulverising anything that took up residency:o My main issue is sun damage and smoking, feathery skin and lines. My skin is more to dry than oily so hope this doesn't make it worse.
    I worry about allergic reactions so thought a professional job might be advisable to start with but mild peel was probably too mild.

I think dry skin can benefit from a good exfoliation as well. As long as you build it up gradually you shouldn't get a reaction and you can always to a patch test first.

Just make sure you slather on some decent cream afterwards.

I am not too sure which are best for the lines but I had to contact the seller on eBay and they were really helpful so you could maybe ask them first.
  • hotspur_pam
    Options
    The mandelic peel arrived today, super quick delivery!

I applied the peel using cotton buds instead of the brush which came with the acid. The nurse at the sk:n clinic used this method, so i figured it'd be ok. Left the peel on for 2 minutes as per the instructions then neutalised.

It was so simple and no stinging sensation :). Really hope this works :).
  • milliemonster
    Options
    After a bit of advice if possible. I bought the mandelic/salicylic 15% peel and have been using it once a week for 5 weeks now after reading this thread and recommendations. I have seen an improvement in the texture of my skin in that as I'm in my early forties and have some mild acne scarring from my younger years, plus I still get quite a few spots and bumps underneath my skin even though my skin isn't really oily, these have almost completely gone and my skin now feels smooth.

I have never had any flaking though, the peel does sting a little when it's on and I'm up to 7 minutes each time now.

I'm going to do one last go with it next week and then give my skin a rest for a couple of weeks.

I want to try the glycolic peel next time as my skin has a few fine lines and just looks tired so I need a boost, without make up people always ask me if I'm ok as I look tired and pale so I'm hoping this will brighten my face up.

Can anyone recommend which strength of the glycolic I should go with bearing in mind I have had no flaking at all with the 15% mandelic?
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • Anoneemoose
    Anoneemoose Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    Options
    I just thought I'd post and say for the first time ever since I started wearing make up about 25 years ago I am going out today with hardly anything on. With the exception of a tiny bit of concealer under my eyes, a sweep of bronzer and some mascara!

It really is a first for me because previously my skin has been acne riddled, totally uneven and grey looking. I can honeslty say it now looks great and I believe it's because of the peels!

I have to use the concealer under my eyes because of dark circles, and the bronzer as I am extremely pale. The mascara is a must too but from of view of foundation - I have been using EL double wear and I normally use primer, concealer, powder, blush, eyeshadow and mascara in addition to the heavy base! So for me, it is an absolute godsend! :T
  • devildog
    devildog Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    Options
    After a bit of advice if possible. I bought the mandelic/salicylic 15% peel and have been using it once a week for 5 weeks now after reading this thread and recommendations. I have seen an improvement in the texture of my skin in that as I'm in my early forties and have some mild acne scarring from my younger years, plus I still get quite a few spots and bumps underneath my skin even though my skin isn't really oily, these have almost completely gone and my skin now feels smooth.

I have never had any flaking though, the peel does sting a little when it's on and I'm up to 7 minutes each time now.

I'm going to do one last go with it next week and then give my skin a rest for a couple of weeks.

I want to try the glycolic peel next time as my skin has a few fine lines and just looks tired so I need a boost, without make up people always ask me if I'm ok as I look tired and pale so I'm hoping this will brighten my face up.

Can anyone recommend which strength of the glycolic I should go with bearing in mind I have had no flaking at all with the 15% mandelic?

I don't believe you are really supposed to see any real flaking unless you take on the mega strong stuff (which you would need 'down time' for)
    I haven't tried the salicylic so can't compare to that. I started on the 30% glycolic, then got the 50% and now have mandelic and tbh I prefer the mandelic as it doesn't sting/irritate like the glycolic. If you are after flaking maybe you could try double layering the product and that could dry your skin some more.
  • devildog
    devildog Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    Options
    I just thought I'd post and say for the first time ever since I started wearing make up about 25 years ago I am going out today with hardly anything on. With the exception of a tiny bit of concealer under my eyes, a sweep of bronzer and some mascara!

It really is a first for me because previously my skin has been acne riddled, totally uneven and grey looking. I can honeslty say it now looks great and I believe it's because of the peels!

I have to use the concealer under my eyes because of dark circles, and the bronzer as I am extremely pale. The mascara is a must too but from of view of foundation - I have been using EL double wear and I normally use primer, concealer, powder, blush, eyeshadow and mascara in addition to the heavy base! So for me, it is an absolute godsend! :T

That is great news:) I am getting there but I think I will keep on using the EL double wear for a little while longer yet.
  • sweetcheeks33
    Options
    Looking at ordering some new stuff from ebay that you guys have been talking about. I have been using gycolic 10% from no 7 up to now and was thinking about ordering saylicilc acid 20% to help with blackheads/ pores / some acne scaring and sunspots ... See how I get on with that..

Or should I Order mandelic ?

How are you getting on with your peels ladies? I'm so glad I found this page I've enjoyed reading everyone's experiences :)
  • hotspur_pam
    Options

Congrats Anoneemoose :T, my hope is to be able to leave the house without having to cake on the make-up too!
    I'm already seeing an improvement on my chin and jaw line. The bumps have gone on my chin and the skin is smooth. The blotches on my jaw line appear to be fading already, cant believe how quickly things are improving. Looking forward to seeing the old acne scars and blackheads fade away...:).
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2014 at 9:31PM
    Options
    Hello everybody, inspired by this thread I have ordered myself some Salicylic peel. My only reason for choosing salicylic was price :o I am on a budget and this was the cheapest option. It recommends to start with 10% but I felt in need of something heavy duty I didn't want to chance 20% so went for 15%. To start with I will leave it on for half the recommended time as I am new to this.

EDIT: I have been googling and reading up more on this, I am now scared :eek: I have cancelled my above order and will spend a few more quid to get the glycolic, not sure what percent to start with think I will try 20%?

I will up date on how I get on. My main issue is enlarged pores does anyone know what would be best for this? Also do I just follow my normal routine in the week, I don't do anything fancy just a basic face wash and moisturiser, I do sometimes use a hot cloth cleanser would this still be ok? Thanks
  • hotspur_pam
    Options
    Hi Iammumtoone,

i'm no expert on acid peels, but i've opted for the mandelic to clear my blemished skin (hyper-pigmentation) and get rid of some blackheads.

Hope this link will help you, it was previously posted by a kind person earlier in this thread.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SR-Skincare/Which-Peel-is-Best-For-Me.html

I've no fancy facial cleansing routine either, just good old fashioned soap(dove) and water. I use a cold cream as a make-up remover. At the moment i'm using sk:n spf 30 lotion and sk:n corrective brightening cream daily.

I dont do any additional exfoliation as i'm worried i might accidentally create more skin blemishes due to the vulnerable, newly exposed skin.

Strangely enough i have 2 deep acne scars/pox marks on my cheeks and both are nicely filling with pus since my last peel :eek: :rotfl:. Must resist temptation to squeeze zits! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport