chemical Peel home kit

Options

Comments

• the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    At what point of the routine do you put the SPF on? I'd probably just buy the one off their webstore.
  • nikki2804
    nikki2804 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At what point of the routine do you put the SPF on? I'd probably just buy the one off their webstore.

I do the peel on a Saturday night then apply the spf after my moisturiser every morning. Seems to be working, no sunburn yet and we have actually had nice weather!
  • hotspur_pam
    hotspur_pam Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    hotspur_pam how many weeks have you been using the peel?

Hi Iammumtoone, sorry i've not been around much so am only replying now, but it's been 6 weeks since i started. Not had any breakouts for a couple of weeks and i feel like the healing process has 'plateaued'.

I'm taking a 2 week rest from peeling now, and might go for a stronger mandelic next time.

How's it going with you?

Yep, I use skin spf 30 daily, but i apply it directly on the skin and then the moisturizer on top :).
  • devildog
    devildog Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    Options
    I have just ordered some 20 % mandelic now that the 15 % (and glycolic) has been used up. This is the first time I have taken a break from it;)
    I use a spf factor 50 every day
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am up to week 3 with my peel and it must be doing something as I am irregular and normally before a 'visit' I come out in loads of spots, it's one way I know I am due. This month no spots :T I can't see any improvement in my pores yet but its early days.

I am finding there is a lot of toing and froing in the mornings. I cleanse and moisturise, let that sink in, go back to apply sunscreen let that sink in, then go back to apply make up! There must be an easier way. I do use a moisturising sunscreen but found its not enough on its own, I still need to use my normal moisturiser as well.

devildog what spf50 do you use? I am only using factor 15 at the moment which is fine for this time of year but I have very fair skin so will need something stronger in the summer.
  • devildog
    devildog Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    Options
    I know what you mean about going backwards and forwards!!
    I use Sunsense tinted matt (you can find it on Amazon) I know that someone on this forum commented that their foundation didn't sit well on it but I don't have that problem and a tube does last a fair while.
  • Mynxmox
    Mynxmox Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you all SO much for this thread :T I just spent more than an hour to read through it all. Came away with too much info and will need time to think it through before I buy.

I definitely need something though as I have bad pigmentation (too much sun exposure as a teenager:eek:), one lump on my cheek which just sits there and a slight problem with enlarged pores on my T section which tends to be oily.

I am 51 and get a lot of compliments about my skin but I know the flaws as I cover up with EL double wear all the time.

Will have to start with mild peel as I can't go to work without make up.

Will let you know how I get on!

Thanks again. Oh!!! Has anyone considered or done Botox??? But perhaps that is a topic for another thread. :)
    Options
    How much peel do you brush on & how do you clean the brush after use?
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm up to using a lot because I layer by quite a lot I mean a cap full.
    I wash my brush out with antibacterial cleanser after each use.
    Options
    Thanks melly.

I did put a capful in a little bowl, but wasn't sure whether I'd used too much or too little.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure