IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Options

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well done ... but other readers should note that most customer services just fob people off ..... Manger / CEO is the best route ......

again well done ... and you are right landowner /shop / owner is the first and best way to sort this national scam disgrace

Ralph B)
  • plumpuddin14
    Options
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6077489

(SUCCESS) CONTACTED LANDOWNERS OF MIDDLESBROUGH LEISURE PARK, CAR PARK KNOWN AS SAVILLS AFTER PARKING TICKET GIVEN FROM EXCEL SERVICES LIMITED DUE TO PARKING IN A DISABLED SPOT WITH SOMEONE DISABLED IN MY CAR WITH THE BADGE.

I had a problem with Excel Parking Services LTD, who ran the car park in Middlesbrough Leisure Park,i complained to multiple people such as the mayor but it was no use for me personally but after help from some kind Forum Users, I found the owners of the carpark which were SAVILLS, they got back to me approximately 3 days after, profusely apologizing on the behalf of Excel Parking Services LTD and cancelling my ticket.
    What was the email you used for Savills? 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2020 at 1:37AM
    Options
    Here's what the person I helped wrote to Savills the other week, that worked re a different place (I've redacted some personal info):

Dear xxxxxx,

COMPLAINT RE PARKING FIRM AT XXXXXXXXX RETAIL PARK: - PCN REF XXXXXX

I am writing as the registered keeper of a car issued with a PCN when the driver was shopping at xxxxxxx Retail Park.  I am horrified that genuine shoppers are being hounded and threatened with court.  Please can you contact your agents to cancel it.    

If you are not the person responsible for this retail park, please pass this complaint to the appropriate Manager who can cancel this unfair ticket.

One could conclude that in the current lockdown scenario, people won’t be using private car parks very much, or if they do, won’t be staying very long.  This means that there will be far fewer opportunities for private operators to issue PCNs, and consequently their revenues will be taking a big hit - probably by 50% or more - and they will aggressively pursue shoppers and staff even more then ever before when they get the chance.   They will not accept appeals and I understand that these despicable firms deliberately set retail park time limits as low as they can push the owners to agree to, in order to pick off as many victims as possible.

I am aware from my research, that no appeal is fully independent for any BPA or IPC member (belonging to such organisations means nothing at all and the BPA and IPC are not regulators, just trade bodies these firms pay a fee to join).  I have been told that this parking firm is likely to sue me, the registered keeper, regardless of whether I was driving.  I will not name the driver and inflict them with this misery and there is no requirement in law for me to do so, but apparently the firm will sue me anyway. 

The whole situation is absolutely shocking and it has been a wake-up call for me and my family, to boycott places in future who insist on allowing aggressive their party firms (many of whom are ex-clamper thugs who have morphed into rich fat cats thanks to their parasitical business model, ripping off real businesses' customers) to get my data.  How dare a third party firm I had never heard of hound me, just because the occupants of my car enjoyed a day's shopping at your facility?  This cannot be in the interests of the public or the shops and it provides no useful service to either.

I trust you are keen to retain customers and that families will return to this retail park and spend more time here in future.  The time limit allowed, given the types of stores and cafes that people want to spend time in, is woefully short.  How do disabled and old people cope, or are they the intended victims; i.e. the low hanging fruit who pay?  Have you asked your parking agent for facts and figures about who pays the ludicrously extortionate fines, or are they anonymous shoppers who never return and you've never realised because they are silent victims?  Please reconsider this awful contract when it comes up for renewal and try the simple step of putting up polite notices of your own and/or a barrier at night, and let people shop in peace and spend more money during the day.    The cash being siphoned off by the parking firm could and should be going to the stores in revenue.

Plenty of retail parks don't use parking firms as their owners/agents have not fallen for the spiel from this industry about 'recording figures about footfall', 'ensuring a quick turnover of spaces' and and 'deterring trespassers'.  I can tell you who they are really deterring - shoppers - and the retail park owners and the stores will regret this contract when the parking spaces stay empty, if they even realise what it is doing to their custom before it is too late.  It cannot have escaped your notice that the so called 'parking industry' offering their so-called service 'free' is far from free of risk to retailers.  This business model is akin to a protection racket, incentivising parking firms to issue more penalities at those retail parks who astonishingly let them dictate the all too short parking time limit.    

This message will be all the more important given what the country is going through and as businesses and consumers emerge from the lockdown. No wonder online shopping is booming if this is what this retail park's agent is allowed to do to people.

I am confident that Savills must have taken the step of ensuring the contract with the parking firm allows you to cancel PCNs for genuine shoppers.  Kindly consider cancelling mine to restore my faith and allow my family to return with some level of confidence to this retail park. 
    I attach copies of some recent receipts /bank transactions, as proof of my family's patronage.

Yours Faithfully,

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    This isn't an advice thread. Start. New thread. 
  • Pemi_uk
    Pemi_uk Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    1.)
     Hi there, 
    I have received a charge notice reminder for overstaying in  retail business park in London for only by one minute. The charge notice is for £100 as I have ignored their first letter. I never received he first letter. 
    The company in question is HIGHVIEW PARKING. 
    Any help please? 

2.)
     I found this letter on a website which seemed relevant as they have send me the first notice (which they called charge notice reminder) after 30 days.  
    I am the keeper of vehicle xxxxxxx and have received your PCN Number yyyyyyyy dated zzzzzz
    The PCN fails to comply with the requirements of schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012,
    namely, but not limited to, section 9 (4), failing to deliver the Notice to Keeper within the relevant period of 14 days. I have no legal requirement in law to provide details of the identity of the driver and will not be doing so.
    I do not expect to hear from you again other than to confirm that there will be no further action against
    me on this matter.
    Yours XXX
    3.) 
    When I used the overleaf appeal procedure to send to appeal the parking using that content. I typed the PCN number and the car details come up. A box popped up which they were asking to either I confirm that I was the: 
    Tick here to confirm that were the driver and the PCN received contains correct information Tick here to confirm that you were not the driver or that the PCN you have received contains incorrect information  So to carry on with the appeal process I have to tick one of the boxes. Any idea how to overcome this so that the driver is not identified to them? Should I post them the letter?!Tick the second box?Please any advice will be appricated! 
    Thanks 
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    This still isn't an appeal thread. Did you even read the post before yours?
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You are wasting your time posting on this thread and you will only annoy those whom you hope will assist you.  Please start your own thread.as you have been asked .tt
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Pemi_uk
    First Post
    Options
    You are wasting your time posting on this thread and you will only annoy those whom you hope will assist you.  Please start your own thread.as you have been asked .

Im sorry to annoy anyone but I don't know how you start your own thread. 

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Top of index page, red panel marked "new thread"  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Pemi_uk
    First Post
    Options
    Hi, Do you mean new post on the left top of the page marked in red?
    Thanks  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure