How many times would you wear a pair of trousers....

Options

Comments

• paulineb_2
    paulineb_2 Posts: 6,489 Forumite
    Options
    One top that I was expected to work in and teach in 3 nights on the trot, as I said above, I wouldnt do it, because when I went home after 3 30 min spin classes on the trot I was a sweaty beast, but if I had been sat at a desk job, I might not have worn that same T shirt 3 days in a row, but Id have had no issue wearing it 2 days in a row.
  • ciderwithrosie_2
    Options
    I pretty much only have 3 pairs of work trousers at the moment so rotate those with different tops throughout the week. If it turns out I want to wear my black trousers 2 days in a row I would wash them overnight. For me, if I know I am freshly washed and laundered from head to toe I feel more confident.
    I work in a hospital and it gets very warm, plus I'm at that age!
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    Options
    suejb2 wrote: »
    My jeans get washed around the 7 -10 day mark,undies changed daily bra 4-6 days pj's the same whereas my SIL wears clean pj's every night.

I wear clean pj's/nightie every night too.

Trousers 3 days, tops, it depends on how it has been worn, if all day with sleeves, just the once, if just for the evening or sleeveless, twice, jeans, several times, knickers, obviously once, bra, 3 days.
  • Brallaqueen
    Brallaqueen Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    Options
    3 days max as I am conscious that they get a bit whiffy round the crotch area as I have caustic lady-juices.
    Emergency savings: 4600
    0% Credit card: 1965.00
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dunroamin wrote: »
    If I needed to wash my pits at the end of the day, I'd change my antiperspirant! I expect it's different if you do manual work but I "worked clean" in an office and now don't work at all.:o

The human body isn't intrinsically dirty.
    It's not just my arm pits though that gets wet. The collar always gets dirty after just 8 hours of wear. I do wash myself every morning in the shower but I do sweat a lot and anti-perspirant does not help. Just walking around the office or outside during breaks and my back will get wet and the back of my neck attracts dirt and dust which then transfers onto my shirt collars. So whilst the shirt may not smell at the end of the day the collar is dirty and I have to wash it.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    If only my customers were as clean as some of you!!

We have people who send their IRONING for a freshen up or just can't be bothered to wash it at all and yes we can tell especially in trousers where you get the creases around the crotch/top of the leg area.

Steph :)
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 28 August 2013 at 11:48PM
    Options
    Jeans I wear for three days, same with PJ's. I wear a lot of tracksuits and again depending on their level of dirtiness every 2-3 days. Bras 3 days, tops one or two wears depending on how dirty they are.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If you're spending your days mucking out animals or being vomited on then fair enough if you want to change your clothes every day. But if you're in a sedentary job in a cool office then, assuming basic levels of personal hygiene (eg a scrub of the pits and face each morning) then I really don't see the need to change your shirt every day - and certainly not your trousers.
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    my husbands work trousers etc get washed after one wearing. he works in the water industry and cleanliness is important to his job ( I really think that as this is a job requirement the company should give an allowance towards cleaning).
    for myself - its look and sniff! if it looks ok and smells ok why wash them?
  • Dunroamin
    Dunroamin Posts: 16,908 Forumite
    Options
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    It's not just my arm pits though that gets wet. The collar always gets dirty after just 8 hours of wear. I do wash myself every morning in the shower but I do sweat a lot and anti-perspirant does not help. Just walking around the office or outside during breaks and my back will get wet and the back of my neck attracts dirt and dust which then transfers onto my shirt collars. So whilst the shirt may not smell at the end of the day the collar is dirty and I have to wash it.

It's certainly been a bit different in the recent heat and I'm sure we're all showering and changing more often because of it. I was talking about a more normal situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure