Reclaim CPP article discussion

Options

Comments

• johnson293
    johnson293 Posts: 492 Forumite
    Options
    I received a cheque yesterday for £88 from CPP for a Barclaycard cover from 2005.

My partner has also received a similar claim form, which she is going to get sent off shortly.
  • Teesh
    Teesh Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    With the risk of sounding completely stupid, I have been sent a CPP claim form and was going to use the MSE template. My difficulty is I have no idea which reply to use - I don't know what the cover I have is for. I know it is not associated with identity fraud but that is as much as I know..
  • Mummybear1976
    Options
    My payouts arrived for Card Protection and Identity Theft this week. A total of more than £500. 😀 My husband got £913. Thanks so much MSE for helping us by providing the templates which we used to this great effect.
  • AggieAllSaints
    Options
    Today I received a cheque for £56.44 from CPP against total payment to CPP between 2005 to 2013 of around £300.00. It seems a fair amount.
    Regards
    Aggie
  • clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Today I received a cheque for £56.44 from CPP against total payment to CPP between 2005 to 2013 of around £300.00. It seems a fair amount.
    Regards
    Aggie

do you mean you paid £300 and only got £56 back? they should give you full refund :(
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    got my cheque for £112 :j:beer::T
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Teesh wrote: »
    I have been sent a CPP claim form and was going to use the MSE template. My difficulty is I have no idea which reply to use
    You can contact the scheme team on 08000 83 43 93
  • rustylil
    Options
    I have only had £180 back. Tax was deducted but I do not pay tax. I have had CPP since the 90's and paid for 3 yrs at a time so presumably if I paid for 3 yrs just before Jan 2005, it does not count for that payment. I was banking on around £30 a year from 2005 plus interest. They just say premiums paid on or after Jan 2005 are £135. Any one else encountering this? Any one claimed successfully for before 2005? Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rustylil wrote: »
    Any one claimed successfully for before 2005?
    You need to complain to the Bank which sold it to you prior to 2005.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am finally getting round to filling in my claim form but not quite sure which template to adapt for my use.

I had the M&S Cardguard scheme for around 3-4 years I remember they told me it covered all my cards being stolen and kept telling me one phone call and we sort all your cards. Pretty sure they mentioned it covering me against fraudulent use of my cards both store and bank too and possibly house keys.

I only tend to keep paperwork for 3-5 years so it will all have been shredded by now - wishing I kept the policy now.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport