Options

Comments

• nlg0504
    nlg0504 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Got £300.00. Yipee !!!:j
  • WhichWayIsUp_2
    Options
    Im feeling pretty stupid that I bought & kept renewing my M&S card safe policy until 2010 - no idea how many years I paid out! But what really annoys me is that we can only claim back to 2005 & we have to say we will not make any further claims against CPP. Why are they only liable because the insurance was finally being regulated? When did the banks/credit card companies become responsible for the losses? Thank you MSE for reminding me to look at the letter I was sent & my apologies if this subject has been dealt with, but there are an awful lot of posts to look at! I'm also angry with M&S - I thought they were a respectable company. I will never trust a financial services organisation again. We shouldn't really need it, but please keep protecting us MSE!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    we have to say we will not make any further claims against CPP.
    Do you expect them to allow future complaints?
    Why are they only liable because the insurance was finally being regulated?
    Because prior to 2005 they were not regulated!
    When did the banks/credit card companies become responsible for the losses?
    Any mis-selling complaint should go to the seller of the insurance. Banks were regulated prior to 2005 by virtue of supposedly adhering to the GISC code.
    I'm also angry with M&S - I thought they were a respectable company.
    The PPI/CPP mis-selling debacle was virulent throughout the financial sector. No one has come out of it smelling of roses.
    I will never trust a financial services organisation again.
    I'm not sure I'd go that far.
  • Lima-India
    Lima-India Posts: 401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Received cheque for £115.19 on Tuesday. All credit to MSE - as I used the template statements to assist with my application.
    Advised my sister to do the same as she was sitting on her form, not sure what to write in the box - so no doubt I'll be reporting on her success in the future too!
  • Kathy1958
    Options
    I got a cheque yesterday for £1541.00! I'm so pleased and it's thanks to MSE because if I hadn't read what to do on here, I'd have just thrown the letters away thinking I had no chance of getting anything back so thanks again!
  • CM75
    CM75 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Can any one please advise what my next steps are? I've had Halifax card protection since before 2005 (I think c.2001) - indeed the current policy is 'live' until June this year! (feel rather foolish now :()

I have copies of the renewal letters to prove the policy, however it doesn't seem to be a cpp policy (indeed I called up and they have no register of a policy). If Bank of Scotland is involved does this include Halifax and what should I do to claim if it is a separate scheme??

Many thanks for your help in advance and I hope this post is ok - I've never used a forum before!! :)
  • marnet43
    Options
    Even though I had cancelled my policy 2 years ago, I completed the form they sent me, sent it back and got £462.10 !!!!!!!!!!!
  • cfcboy
    cfcboy Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, i sent my first form off but cant remember if i sent the 2nd... cant find it so i either binned it or sent it back.

If i just sent the first am i ok to sit tight and wait for cheque or would the 2nd letter have to of gone back? Thanks
  • mo0158
    Options
    Nice surprise in the post cheque for 338.00 , all I did was fill in a form they sent me stating I had been paying for ccp I did not realise this was something I could claim for, as I cancelled these sometime back after realising I was paying for something I did not use and had no reason to, I was paying 2 lots, Lesson learned I will look more closely at papers I am handed in future. Fill those forms in they have come though the post you to could get a nice surprise.:j
  • dolphingazer
    Options
    does anybody ever read these posts and offer help ?
    or is it just a forum for success stories ?
    still hoping for a response...............

I hope this helps, read the template statements.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport