🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Reclaim CPP article discussion

Options

Comments

• martinlewisforPM
    Options
    I have just received £189 back from my CPP, taken out 2004 and paid for every three years, very pleased with outcome, they do all the work for you, just fill out the forms they send. :j
  • cfcboy
    cfcboy Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    I must have send my second letter off about 2 to 3 months ago. How long is the turnaound or if i havent heard can i expect nothing? Cheers
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D

Form completed & returned & cheque received - exactly an 8 week turn around

Brilliant :)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• wrtyke
    Options
    Wouldn't have known about this if I hadn't read it on here. Made my claim and have just received £147. Delighted!
  • niklang
    Options
    Received cheque for £126. Easy peasy!
  • schlgold
    Options
    I'm certain I have the letter from CPP, which I had ignored until now HOWEVER the account the protection was taken out under is now closed, and I am unsure whether I have any statements which will show the annual payments being taken. Can anyone tell me if these are a necessary part of the application?

Thanks
    S
  • Mary_K_2
    Options
    I have received my cheque and don't know whether I have got the right amount of compensation. How do I check this?
  • SRH_2
    SRH_2 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I threw the first letter away, thinking it was junk mail. Then saw the MSE email :) Filled in the next CPP letter... and have received £61! I have absolutely no idea what card/loan it is for as I really thought I had never paid any protection (never looked into PPI etc). But I'm not complaining. I'm about to go on maternity leave and this couldn't have come at a better time. Thank you MSE!
  • Dutchkitten
    Options
    I have sent off 3 claims at the same time; I received 1 cheque each for 2 of them (Egg/Barclay Card and NatWest) at the same time; but never heard anything about the 3rd claim which is M&S? If a claim is rejected, would you be notified?

I have also sent off the letter to Barclay Card to claim for the period prior to the time the CPP compensation scheme deals with; we'll see what comes of that; anyone done this yet?

Good luck to all!!
    :beer:
  • fossilette
    fossilette Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Both my husband and myself received a cheque each yesterday, £101.00 and £62.00. Like others on here if it wasn't for reading about CPP on MSE I would not have responded to the initial letter. So a very big thank you and keep up the really good work you do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport