August's Almighty Advance

Options

Comments

• LoveaDove
    LoveaDove Posts: 491 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good Morning all!! :j

Hope you all had a splendid July!! I am finally all moved :www: and ready for this month despite two big spends for the month. The dreaded... MOT *shakes* and Car Insurance (I'm going to pay the Annual fee and have my quote sorted). This will not leave much for debt repayment! Especially as MOT's always feel like a lucky dip in regards to what figure they're going to pull out! :huh: HOWEVER, I am due my deposit back to the tune of £480- straight onto my smallest debt, I'll add the £20 to clear it and then it will be the last Big Boy debt to start hammering away at!! :T Mwahahaha...ahem.. anyhew, my aims for the month are as follows:

Sfd's- 20
    Fuel- £80
    Charity- £3
    Planned Spends- £40
    Misc- £700 (to cover Insurance and a potentially extortionate MOT)

The sun is shining. WE CAN DO THIS! Advance to GO! (Collect £200...if only!)
    :coffee:
    *Do More of What Makes You Happy*
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    cheerleader.gifcheerleader.gif

As a cheer leader I am still attempting to pay off my debt, paid off spends CCs and waiting till my bills all go out before wondering what how much to pay off!

also I found my local foodbank! using this link
    http://www.trusselltrust.org/foodbank-projects

and so will be doing the £3 thing next time I am in Sainsbugs.

Hope everyone is sorted and ready :)

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • LoveaDove
    LoveaDove Posts: 491 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks for the cheers and the link Buffy! :T
    :coffee:
    *Do More of What Makes You Happy*
  • Moneymash
    Moneymash Posts: 510 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Stats for me

Food budget £112
    Misc budget £69.43 (to include charity, beauty and treat money)
    SFD 20

Today will be a spend day as I am going to get my washing done which costs £14.50 at the laundrette, if I walk or an extra £3.20 if I get the bus... better start walking.
    Debt-Free day 30th September 2014
  • LittleMissKitty
    Options
    Hi all, am I too late to join?!

Littlemisskitty
    df goal: To move house.
    [STRIKE]DFD 22/7/14[/STRIKE]:o:cry:
    OD £1200 ~ CC1 £1875 ~ CC2 £1275 ~ Tesco £4757 ~ Creation £235 ~ FIL £25750
    DEBT @ 28/03/2018 = £35092
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GoooooD Moooorning! Let the battle commence. Got my spend notebook ready and used it yesterday to mark a small spend for fruit and nappies. Today should be my first SFD but might need milk tomorrow which I really should have bought yesterday but thought I don't need it yet I wont buy it. Mmmmm.....

Food 3/150
    HH and other 6/50
    garden 0/300
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • scottishspendaholic
    Options
    Hello,

I'd like to join please.

My DF goal is to be able to not be scared of what might arrive in the post and to be honest and open with my husband. In terms of what I'd like to do - I'd like to save to go to NY when I'm 40 (6.5 years away).

Starting the challenge unfortunately with a necessary spend of £50 on petrol, that will probably only last a fortnight if that (tank 3/4 full). I did drive at approx 10mph below the speed limit on the way to work to use less though.

This is my first challenge so if I haven't done something properly, please let me know. I will report in each day and try to have as many SFDs as possible (I know target is 20 in month).
    MBNA = £4,000 / Next = £925 (approx. tbc on 19/8)
    Tesco = £2,910.11 / Smile overdraft = £500
    Bank of Scotland = £2,782.83
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here goes everyone!

I can't remember the last time I felt healthy, relaxed and well rested so this month I am going to be focusing on that. I am feeling really ill today, and in a way I'm actually relieved as I don't think I'm going to be up to going on a hen night on Saturday.... will save some money I hope. May still go to Sheffield though as have paid for the train and hotel already and have a rest haha! No, I might go and just go for the dinner but not to the club night afterwards. Hmmm.
    I might do this about there disgusting guacamole I bought the other day! Is there a complaint email you use...?

Not an email, just a form online: https://www.tescohelp.com/tesco/forms/cs_form.html

Bad news this morning - boiler was firing up (or sounded like it was anyway) but no hot water, so have had a hair wash from the kettle and used baby wipes for the rest! Another expense but hopefully will be able to cover it from emergency funds. Might have to think about British Gas boiler cover.

SO. Here is my budget:

Entertainment (all pre planned, have cancelled what I can): £140 (got a wedding and aforementioned hen night plus my own birthday night out)

Food: £150 (OH will also contribute)

SFD: 20 (but I think I will only manage 15 of these due to advance plans, will do better next month)

£3 also allocated for food bank shopping.

Good luck everyone xxx
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £2827 | Natwest Credit Card: £3362.96
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Kerfuffle I need to know what you WANT when you are DEBT FREE. Not what you are aiming for just this month.. what are you are saving for as a treat and longed for desires of your little MSE heart when all the last payments of the mortgage have been made?
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello there

Well after a terrible July my August has to be better, I will make a 'set in stone' grocery budget and fuel budget this month, Ive not got any big bills (I hope) so it should all be doable.:o

I, to, have dusted off a notebook and put it in my bag, I just have to remember to fill it in:) I always do better if I have to write it down:)

So off to update sig and have a bit of a lurk around the boards, before I go for my walk (trying to get more exercise)

nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills