August's Almighty Advance

Options

Comments

• NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Good Morning All...

Am a little anxious for Mrs Toast as baby is being evicted tomorrow so can't wait to here about this.. if we are allowed to know the name even better but I know many of you (including me) like to hide your real identities etc..

Raining here today while you all bake back home but it will be a small spend as I am meeting a girlfriend who is debt free (and never was in debt ) is shipping off to Canada for a year "because she can"... so I need to sit and listen to her plans which will make me super jealous and even more determined.:rotfl:..as we are both saving for respective things I told her to eat before she comes out, we will meet after lunch and just have a juice somewhere.

My little plan for the month stands at this...
    • £100 food. Although I intend to come under this. This will also include 7 days on the juice diet which will cost me £45. (Don't shout at me)..although unsure whether I will do it now.
    • £30 to give to mumsy whilst I am here eating her out of fruit and vegetables. Daddy has refused to accept this but sticking it to one side for now.
    • £25 Emergency fund. I don't want to use this at all. It is in the danger RED purse and will be a £5 note and a £20 as the bigger the note the more difficult it is to spend. Lol! It will acount for stupid spends like stamps.
    • £20 Travel Money to get home from the airport next week.
    • £199 Monthly travel card that I can't not buy. If I can get it at the airport train station, it will cut the cost of my homeward journey.

And the usual spends are already spreadsheeted..rent, gym and cinema to lessen the burden of never truly going out. Lol!:p

Right now. I am excited about the month. I shall be doodling in my diary all day but must remember to hit the bank today and get a wee code card that I need to do all my online transfers. This will ensure everything is paid off today and bang on target with a clear CC and raring to go!:j:j:j
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • big_sved
    big_sved Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    SF Days 0/21

Budget for month £250 commuting fuel
    £450 spendable
    £2100 - Bills, Loans and CCards.
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Big_Sved - what's your ultimate goal?
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Living_a_good_life
    Options
    Morning all,

August is here!! I got food and petrol yesterday out of August budgets so wont be treating today as a sfd even though Im not spending anything if you know what I mean!

Petrol is huge this month - normally costs about £200 to drive to M&D's and back but two weeks of free food and kids entertained! Will try and keep miles down in between times!

Did the school uniform shop online last night - planning a trip to clarkes village tomorrow to do shoes and coats and then that is sorted.

Sun is shining and Im doing the washing and cleaning the house in case anyone decides to have look at it over the weekend.

Oh and I have a Golden Retriever in need of counselling - he has had his hair cut!! Its not a salon job but the matts are gone - he may head for the bath soon too :) Just kids and husband to shear next:D

Love to all and hello newbes!!

LAGL xx

PS Kat I am still not a Hobbit!! :rotfl:
    Debt free on the 28/05/13
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Something really weird has just happened - a promotional company has just turned up at my office with my name and dropped off a van load of Glaceau vitaminwater! Literally about 400 bottles....
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £2827 | Natwest Credit Card: £3362.96
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    eBay Lillian quick smart ..:-)..
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 1 August 2013 at 12:11PM
    Options
    Morning and Happy :) August :) !!!

A new month and it's all very exciting!!!

I was sneaky in that I did my shop for the week yesterday so I could claim:

Today = SFD number 1

I'd already had to put some petrol in the car, and put some money into our birthday/tea/coffee fund at work (in all fairness - I did ask last year for Supermarket Vouchers for my birthday and they eventually complied ha ha so I don't mind putting in!). I'd also bought some bits around pay day, so they are getting deducted now. Food shopping yesterday was healthy and came in just above my weekly allowance - but the stock will last into next week. My figures look very 'round' - that's because after a shop - any loose change goes into the zillion moneyboxes I have lol.

Had some good fortune!!! I was stood at the checkout and low and behold - there was a crisp £5.00 on the floor!!! I did contemplate handing it in but in all honesty - the customer was probably long gone - and rather it chip a bit off my debt than line the corporate supermarket's pockets! Thank you Lady Luck!!! :)

DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've divvied it up around the office now NSK :) They've also given me a wireless printer though that I might Ebay....
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £2827 | Natwest Credit Card: £3362.96
  • ruth2
    ruth2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    had a small piece of luck recently :-) got a £100 rebate for a holiday refund (it pays to complain!). It just cleared this morning, and all £100 of it went straight onto the car loan overpayment.

I felt unreasonably smug / pleased with myself for that one :-)
    Starting debt: £7,572 (15-07-13)
    Paid so far: £1,649
    Owed: £5,923 (01-11-13)
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all

I have spent the past few days working on my budget for the month.

NSD's - 0/20

Food/Toiletries - 5.58/110

Diesel - 73.97/85

Charity/Food bank - 0/3

Planned spends - 0/30

I really wanted to start with a no spend day but had to get nappies and juice. I do have washable ones but they are impossible to get them attached to him since he got older, he tends to leg it at nappy time. Perhaps it's time to sell them to recoup some of the costs. Tomorrow is also fortnightly shop day so a no spend day planned until Saturday.
    Hopefully the fuel should last for the month as I'm off work and tend to walk a lot if I need to go out.
    Planned spends is the little ones swimming which I want to keep up as he is becoming a little more confident plus a few other things already planned.

Off to find an old notebook now, I have loads dotted around so I'm not buying one.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure