🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Craigsup
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    you don't need to know what the technical problem was, a technical error is rarely extraordinary
    Have you submitted a claim? Bott&co show €400 due (although EUClaim show no compensation applies!)

I have submitted a MCOL claim yes.
    I just tried EUClaim and they said 400 EUR claim - did you input the right details?

I was hoping for further details regarding the technical fault so I can begin gathering my case details should the case go further.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,563 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Craigsup wrote: »
    I have submitted a MCOL claim yes.
    I just tried EUClaim and they said 400 EUR claim - did you input the right details?

you are correct, must have made a typo
  • Craigsup
    Options
    you are correct, must have made a typo

Phew! Made me doubt the validity of my claim for a short while!
    TAP has a further 5 days to respond else I can enter judgement for my claim. If they don't respond, do I need to gather a case or will the court decide in my favour due to their lack of response?
  • Kisstheblade
    Options
    My flight was August 2008. Is there definetly no way of claiming that far back? Resolver states you can go back as far 2005 but i can't see this anywhere esle. Any help appreciated.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My flight was August 2008. Is there definetly no way of claiming that far back? Resolver states you can go back as far 2005 but i can't see this anywhere esle. Any help appreciated.

Has Resolver heard of the Limitation Act 1980?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,563 Forumite
    Options

over 6 years old, the airline will be guaranteed to reject your claim based on it being over 6 years old (whether it would have been a valid claim or not)
    That is the end of the story as you cannot start court proceedings once the 6 years from date of flight
    The 2005 wording is bad....as an EU ruling it is applicable to a number of countries but each will have their own rules re time to take legal action
    I believe is you were claiming a delay in Spain under EU261 you can go to court up to 10 years after flight (so could currently claim for delays/cancellations from November 2005 onwards). England and Wales is 6 years, Scotland is 5 years
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ..... claiming a delay in Spain under EU261 you can go to court up to 10 years after flight (so could currently claim for delays/cancellations from November 2005 onwards)......

Does this apply if you don't reside in Spain and are claiming against a Spanish based air carrier using the European Small Claims Procedure?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick note to say that if your airline is asking you to ring an 084, 087 or 09 number for this type of enquiry, it's a breach of Regulation 41 of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.

The regulations came into force on 13 June 2014 and require post-sales helplines for retailers, traders and passenger transport companies to use numbers starting 01, 02, 03 or 080.

In the case of non-compliance, Regulation 41(2) gives callers the right to a refund of any excess call costs incurred over whatever an equivalent call to an 01, 02 or 03 number would have cost.
  • Kisstheblade
    Options
    over 6 years old, the airline will be guaranteed to reject your claim based on it being over 6 years old (whether it would have been a valid claim or not)
    That is the end of the story as you cannot start court proceedings once the 6 years from date of flight
    The 2005 wording is bad....as an EU ruling it is applicable to a number of countries but each will have their own rules re time to take legal action
    I believe is you were claiming a delay in Spain under EU261 you can go to court up to 10 years after flight (so could currently claim for delays/cancellations from November 2005 onwards). England and Wales is 6 years, Scotland is 5 years

Thanks Caz3121.
  • Craigsup
    Options
    Following my earlier posts, TAP have 'Part Admitted' my claim.

For what reason would they only admit part?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure