Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• karenll
    karenll Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    My husband and I were due to fly with British Airways to Tenerife on 25th June at 14.20 but the flight was delayed till 11am on the 26th June, we were put in a hotel for the night with evening meal, and breakfast but we had to leave before breakfast was started, we were coached to and from hotel, obviously we spent money at the airport and for drinks in the evening, we missed out on a days holiday which was all inclusive, do we claim via BA or through our travel insurance. Can anyone advise me please, many thanks
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    karenll wrote: »
    ... do we claim via BA or through our travel insurance. Can anyone advise me please, many thanks

Post on BA dedicated thread after reading but the short answer is to claim off BA for delay compensation and duty of care costs under regulation 261/2004 and to claim off your insurance in respect of delay clause within your policy ie off both.
  • karenll
    karenll Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    Post on BA dedicated thread after reading but the short answer is to claim off BA for delay compensation and duty of care costs under regulation 261/2004 and to claim off your insurance in respect of delay clause within your policy ie off both.

Thank you,
  • olleym
    olleym Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone successfully pursued a EU261 claim pre-2008 against Ryanair?
    If so do you have any tips please?
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    olleym wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully pursued a EU261 claim pre-2008 against Ryanair?
    If so do you have any tips please?

Out of time so not worth any effort IMO.
  • louise1104
    Options
    Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has took a similar case to small claims and won? We were delayed in Fuerteventura in the canaries in 2012 due to a technical fault, we didn't know about it until we were on the plane and ended up sitting on the plane for 3 hours before they decided they couldn't fix it and we couldn't fly. They put us up in a hotel for the night and it wasn't till the following evening 23 hours later that we flew home to Newcastle. I complained to thomas cook with a template letter from here to which they sent me a crap reply saying because I hadn't wrote to them within 28 days they couldn't do anything. I wrote to the spanish regulator AESA with all the information and they came back and agreed we should be entitled to 1600 euros in total for all 4 passengers so I forwarded a copy of the letter to Thomas Cook and they have come back saying as that they had done everything to try avoid the delay they don't feel they should compensate and although AESA agree that I am entitled to compensation that is only their view. Thomas cook have annoyed me so much feeding me b****cks I really want to take it to court but I can't really afford to pay the fee and then lose the case and be out of pocket.
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    louise1104 wrote: »
    Thomas cook have annoyed me so much feeding me b****cks I really want to take it to court but I can't really afford to pay the fee and then lose the case and be out of pocket.

Have a look at the thread "Flight Delay Compensation Important Info - Please check before posting"

Everything you need to know is there.
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    louise1104 wrote: »
    . I really want to take it to court but I can't really afford to pay the fee and then lose the case and be out of pocket.

You have a valid case but if you don't want to pursue yourself due to cost etc then go no win no fee.
  • Onlytoplabels
    Options
    Hi , can anyone give me any advice what to do next.
    We had a 7 hr delay from greece a few weeks ago.I used Martin Lewis template to claim compensation from Thomson and have now received a letter stating that the we are not going to get a penny compensation.Anyone else trying to claim flying out of Kos on the 11th June 2014 TOM2309.I am going to reply back to Thomson disputing the response i got and have said that i would wait for a response before i take it to the CAA.
    Their reason why we were delayed to what the Captain told us was completely different.
    Is there anything else anyone can advice on what to say or do next.
    Thanks
    (first time on Forum so appologises if no done correctly)
    Hi,we (party of 6) were on that flight also and after sending a letter of complaint and compensation request, we got a letter back saying no pay,due to it being classed as Extraodinary Circumstances (unexpected flight safety shortcoming).
    They did not give cause of delay in letter, just kept mentioning technical defect but Captain told us all it was a crack in windscreen of plane that was due to come out to us and so they sent out another plane.
    I am not sure if cracked windscreen could be classed as E/C?
    Would love advice or comments to help me decide if it may be worth pursuing further.
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Onlytoplabels - you have a valid claim - read FAQ's page one so you can decide how to proceed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback