Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• 1diamondad
    Options
    Have just received a voucher for 600Euro within 18 hours of emailing Airfrance about a cancelled CDG-PVG flight in 2011. :T Lets see how long it takes for the cash to get to my bank account.
  • shannel84
    shannel84 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Everyone
    Reading peoples stories ant no surprise as I am dealing with a compensation row with Thomas Cook. Quick question after 2 years of back and forth emails and then the newest court judgement ruling in favour of the customer. I was then told my case is on going until a final judgement is made. Er I thought it had been? NO! I am now being told.... " final legal clarification customers claims in relation to technical delays" on the advice of CCA civil aviation authority. So my question is... Please can anyone tell me if this has happened yet? My I just note. My friend who travelled with my party on holiday but booked separate has already been paid out compensation 2 yrs ago £800. When presented with the questions why pay out for one and not the other their response was "it was paid out in error" that made me laugh! Please if anyone can help in terms of the legal side of things in judgement or any advice it would be greatly appreciated.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    shannel84 - presume you have not made a court claim just a delay claim against TC - your post should therefore be on the TC thread however read the Huzar thread for the latest re legal position.
  • Enxsjp
    Enxsjp Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,

I wanted to thank the advice of this website which enabled me to make a compensation claim against Air Malta for a flight cancelled at the last minute.

Although slow at first, Air Malta have resolved my claim with full compensation within a matter of 6 weeks. They have been efficient and courteous all the way throughout.

Good luck to those still in negotiations.
    :beer:
  • pu1910
    pu1910 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 July 2014 at 1:51PM
    Options
    Hello
    I apologise if I have replied to a pst by mistake but being new I cannot seem to find the 'new post' button.
    I have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to on the forum or the webpage. We recently booked a flight from Manchester to Salvador in Brazil connecting in Lisbon. We chose an overnight connection in Lisbon as we had a baby with us and wanted to break up the journey. Our flight from Manchester to Lisbon was 4.5 hours late. We got to the hotel at 2am and had to get up at 7am to catch our flight to Salvador. All flights were on the same ticket and all with TAP Portugal. We booked directly with them online. Our flight to Salvador was on time so (technically) we arrived at our final destination on time. Are we entitled to compensation for the first leg?
    Amazingly our return from Salvador to Lisbon was cancelled and we arrived a pleasant (with a 1 year old baby) 28 hours late in Lisbon. I will be claiming for this part but I am just not sure about the first part.
    I should add that all delays were for technical faults
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's a good question pu1910! But yes, I think you can claim. Your journey was made up of two flights, and the first was definitely late. I know it looks like it creates inconsistencies with the Eglitis judgement, but it doesn't really. You can claim for the infant too, assuming you paid a publicly available fare.
  • evansr30
    Options
    Hi,

I booked a holiday with Thomas Cook in 2008 and recently made a claim.

I received a reply from them yesterday which stated that i flew with Futura Airways and because they had gone into administration in 2008 that i wasn't entitled to any compensation from them.

They then apologised and put this confusing statement at the bottom.

"I do apologise that Thomas Cook would be able to pay any compensation for that flight delay"

Is this correct? Can i not claim from Thomas cook because i flew with Futura Airways?

If so, can i not claim from Futura Airways because they went into administration?

Thank you for any replys.
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In administration so no claim.
  • charlz90
    charlz90 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Is an oil leak 'extraordinary circumstances'?
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    charlz90 wrote: »
    Is an oil leak 'extraordinary circumstances'?

No it is a technical problem which is ordinary NOT extraordinary.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback