Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Since this was a flight to the EU on a non EU carrier then no compensation nor incidental expenses can be claimed.

thanks - must remember Switzerland is not in the EU!
  • georgewn.1
    georgewn.1 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Has anybody claimed under the following circumstances?

My flight was delayed by 12 hours, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to argue the airline is at fault, but the flight was a business journey and my company paid the fare.
    I would guess from what you say that you were on a working trip that you were being paid for.
    It seems that your company is not claiming for your loss of time while you were in their employ.
    As your company paid for the flight I would guess that they would need to instigate any claim.
    If I were in your shoes it would upset my sense of right and wrong to even consider trying to make a claim. I would feel that I was taking unfair advantage of the legislation .
  • gillian58
    Options
    Does anyone have the First Choice address for flight delay compensation?
  • CobyBenson
    CobyBenson Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gillian58 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the First Choice address for flight delay compensation?

They're part of Thomson so I write to the following address:-

C/O After Travel Customer Support
    Thomson Holidays
    Wigmore House
    Wignmore Lane
    Luton
    LU2 9TN
  • CobyBenson
    CobyBenson Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anybody claimed under the following circumstances?

My flight was delayed by 12 hours, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to argue the airline is at fault, but the flight was a business journey and my company paid the fare.

It's the passenger that's entitled to compensation, not the person that paid for the ticket, so yes, you would be able to make a claim.

Any compensation you recover will then be a matter between you and your employer.
  • Ghandi_2
    Options
    My family and I were returning from Mumbai to Helsinki to London Heathrow, this was in 2004. The delay was caused by an in coming flight from Helsinki to Mumbai, and we had to wait about 4 - 5 hours, cannot remember exactly, before we could start our journey. Because of this delay, it caused further delays, and I had to pay the pre-booked taxi driver extra to compensate him for his loss of time.
    After arriving back in the UK, a few days later, I did write to Finnair to complain, and after a LOT of correspondence, all I was offered was 10 Euros voucher to spend at HELSINKI airport, as IF I was going to use Finnair again. I returned the the voucher, and did make my feelings clear.
    Can I still get a compensation for all the hassle? I have only got to know about this compensation claim today.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ghandi wrote: »
    My family and I were returning from Mumbai to Helsinki to London Heathrow, this was in 2004. The delay was caused by an in coming flight from Helsinki to Mumbai, and we had to wait about 4 - 5 hours, cannot remember exactly, before we could start our journey. Because of this delay, it caused further delays, and I had to pay the pre-booked taxi driver extra to compensate him for his loss of time.
    After arriving back in the UK, a few days later, I did write to Finnair to complain, and after a LOT of correspondence, all I was offered was 10 Euros voucher to spend at HELSINKI airport, as IF I was going to use Finnair again. I returned the the voucher, and did make my feelings clear.
    Can I still get a compensation for all the hassle? I have only got to know about this compensation claim today.
    well out of time....you can claim back to 2005 with the airline but can only go back 6 years for court....a quick read of the FAQs could have saved you some typing
  • bettedavis
    Options
    Thanks to this site, I obtained compensation for my parents, (aged 80 and 81) who were delayed by 7 1/2 hours flying to Tenerife. They were intially offered vouchers, but I persisted and they have a refund of over £600! Many thanks, MoneySavingExpert!
  • VOB72
    VOB72 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Well Done Bette! Lovely to hear such news which gives the rest of us the heart to continue our fight.
  • Liz_del
    Liz_del Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Why won't easyJet accept a credit card statement as proof that we eat in nice following a 3day delay they will pay for the accommodation after much toing and foing but have offered us £3 each as we can't provide receipts
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback