Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• pjacko
    pjacko Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    All

I am tring to claim against THomson for a 8 hour delay , My case went to the AESA (Spain) who found in my favour.
    I received a letter back from Thomson who now say I should claim against Sunwing who operated the flight.It was however a package holiday from Thomson and the flight in question had Thomson on the side of the aircraft and all staff were dressed in Thomson uniform.
    Could some one please advise my next step ?
    Ie What some claims court to go though British,Spain or Dublin were the flight landed.
    Also is it Thompson or Sunwing ?

Thanks
  • Anoymous
    Anoymous Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    I had my BA flight cancelled back in 2006, I had seeked compensation, but was refused instead offered some token amount. I do not have that complaint reference anymore as i thought there is no point and destroyed it. Now with the EC Regulation 261/2004 can i still make a new claim even though it was more than 6 years. Or should i mention that a claim (no details with me) was made rejected and this is a re-submission of old complain. Any views? Thanks in advance.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anoymous wrote: »
    Any views? Thanks in advance.

Forget it > out of time.
  • adamzetec
    adamzetec Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought I'd add my story for any comments.

I took an Aer Arann (a regional operator by Aer Lingus) return flight from Southend airport to Dublin. On the return leg I was delayed by over 6 hours. We boarded 2 aircraft back to Southend but both of these failed due to technical issues. I was then put on a flight back to Gatwick and forced to make my way home at my expense, which Aer Lingus finally sent me a cheque for.

I have pursued them for the 250 euros I believe I am owed in compensation but they will not budge citing technical issues which were out of their control. I've tried quoting the legislation but they stand firm.

As the flight originated out of Ireland, I am now dealing with the Irish Aviation Authority who have been incredibly slow in getting back to me. I raised my case back in May but I am yet to receive a reply. They told me on the phone it's unlikely I'll win if the operator can prove they have followed the maintenance guidelines.

I've passed on the CAA definition of extraordinary circumstances so I hope they too use common sense and award me the compensation I strongly believe I am owed.

What else can I do?
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It would appear that a new email - probably inaccurate - from Martin/MSE. has produced a flurry of brand new posters all asking the same old same old questions that have been answered over and over again.
    I don't have time to wade through two pages of posts daily, so I'll be taking a back seat for a few days till it dies down.
  • blondmark
    blondmark Posts: 456 Forumite
    Options
    adamzetec wrote: »
    I thought I'd add my story for any comments.

I took an Aer Arann (a regional operator by Aer Lingus) return flight from Southend airport to Dublin. On the return leg I was delayed by over 6 hours. We boarded 2 aircraft back to Southend but both of these failed due to technical issues. I was then put on a flight back to Gatwick and forced to make my way home at my expense, which Aer Lingus finally sent me a cheque for.

I have pursued them for the 250 euros I believe I am owed in compensation but they will not budge citing technical issues which were out of their control. I've tried quoting the legislation but they stand firm.

As the flight originated out of Ireland, I am now dealing with the Irish Aviation Authority who have been incredibly slow in getting back to me. I raised my case back in May but I am yet to receive a reply. They told me on the phone it's unlikely I'll win if the operator can prove they have followed the maintenance guidelines.

I've passed on the CAA definition of extraordinary circumstances so I hope they too use common sense and award me the compensation I strongly believe I am owed.

What else can I do?

Erm ... Ur ... Oh ... SUE!
  • adamzetec
    adamzetec Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    I guess that's the next step, I'm sure a no win, no fee company would be interested. The way I have been treated by Aer Arann / Aer Lingus in correspondence and the poor service they offer means I want to see this through to a conclusion.
  • SteveDInScotland
    Options
    Who was friendofBillW2 having a go at? All of us?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    Who was friendofBillW2 having a go at? All of us?

I don't think he was having a go at me.

But I share his frustration at people who post without spending any time to see if their question has been asked or answered.

So like Mark2spark - another helpful poster I'm going to stop answering questions for a while: or at least those that I have answered once (or more likely many dozens of times) before.

Sorry - but my patience is exhausted.
  • juni
    juni Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    can anyone adive me if i can get a make a claim? 4 of us were delayed firstly by one hr from London to Dubai but this meant we missed our commecting flight to Singapore snd were stuck in Dubai airport for 6 hrs meaning we arrived late at night and had to separt Singapore the next day to pick up our cruise ship. we had no time to see Singapore. both flights were with Emerites and were booked together as a package. flight was delayed from london 'due to fog in Dubai?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback