Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• blondmark
    blondmark Posts: 456 Forumite
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    if you've had default udgement for a week, I doubt they can put in a defence. Possibly an appeal on some technicality. Possibly call mcol and see how long they would recommend before issuing warrant?

I think two minutes would be a dignified lapse. If your judgment is for £600+ why not have a bit of fun, issue a writ of fieri facias and send in the High Court Enforcement Officers. If cash payment isn't immediate, they can start clamping aeroplanes. The airline will pick up the tab too so nothing to lose. Further details HERE
  • sooperb
    sooperb Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 March 2013 at 2:50PM
    Options
    Have a look at moneyclaimonline, they have helpful advice about what to do and how to do it. Slovenia is in the EU so it should be possible to use the small claims court.
  • Bradders20
    Bradders20 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Slovenia is EU thankfully, so that makes things easier I presume?
  • sooperb
    sooperb Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Indeed, I was correcting while you were replying :)
  • Bradders20
    Bradders20 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I was advised this though

"Unlikely that MCOL can be used against Wizzair as I don't believe they have a UK address at which to serve a legal claim. You would need to use the European Small Claims Procedure, successfully used against Ryanair by Blondmark. See the dedicated Ryanair thread for details of this plus the FAQs which has the links to this."

So if I have to go down this route, is there any specific advice? The form looks quite confusing
  • docden22
    Options
    Would just like to say a big thanks to you, after having used your template letter, for a 6 hours delayed thomas cook flight from glasgow to larnaca cyprus two and a half years ago, we were offered a £2,872 voucher which we have accepted and although it has to be used in one holiday, it is still more than twice what we paid for entire holiday.:beer: cheers keep up the good work.
  • sunny1966
    Options
    I'm at the NOA stage. Preparing the documents for an online application via MCOL. My question relates to the level of the claim - its E600 per pax but is it £515 or now sterling has plunged do I use a current exchange rate? Seems cheaper to claim a straight £500. What have others done??
  • jasper_5
    Options
    I am currently locked in battle to get even a half sensible response from Iberia on a claim for compensation for a flight delayed for 5 hours from Ecuador to London via Madrid. Letters sent to London office of airline only result in poor English language emails from their Madrid office with a "no reply" email address. These email replies simply acknowledge my unhappiness with delayed flight and promise to "do better" in future - no acknowledgement that an application for compensation has been made (four times). I am now getting papers ready for Small Claims Court. Based on my experience I suggest one letter to airline with 30 days for them to reply (as per Court requirement) then put it before the Court - nothing else will get these people to behave honourably and within the law.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 March 2013 at 11:00PM
    Options
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback