We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• slwilliams24
    Options
    I had a lengthy flight delay back in 2009 coming home from turkey (bodrum). I have been on flight scanner to confirm the length of the delay but the flight is not coming up. The flight number is sgx6201 and I travelled on 6 jun 09. Can anyone recommend any sites where I can find out the duration of the delay? Thank you
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    edited 11 March 2013 at 12:08AM
    Options
    The flight number is sgx6201
    There does not seem to be an airline that uses that code
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had a lengthy flight delay back in 2009 coming home from turkey (bodrum). I have been on flight scanner to confirm the length of the delay but the flight is not coming up. The flight number is sgx6201 and I travelled on 6 jun 09. Can anyone recommend any sites where I can find out the duration of the delay? Thank you

SGX is SAGA Airlines (Turkish) - have you tried searching by the route rather than the flight number?
  • cowiebaby
    Options
    Reading these posts but not seeing any reference to anyone that actually got their compensation paid or indeed how long it took from the time the letter was sent. I have a similar tale of woe and sent my letter (using the MSE template) on the 12th of January. It's now the 11th of March. Surely I should have heard something by now? Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I resend my letter?
    Thanks
  • Caz3121
    Options
    cowiebaby wrote: »
    Reading these posts but not seeing any reference to anyone that actually got their compensation paid or indeed how long it took from the time the letter was sent. I have a similar tale of woe and sent my letter (using the MSE template) on the 12th of January. It's now the 11th of March. Surely I should have heard something by now? Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I resend my letter?
    Thanks

there is plenty of information in the individual airline threads, if you check there for your airline it will give you an idea of the turnaround times and whether they are paying out or rejecting
  • andytricks
    andytricks Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    does anyone know if the eu regulations for claiming compensation apply to the dreamliner flight cancellations?

the flights were booked via thompson to mexico and have now been cancelled.
  • Caz3121
    Options
    andytricks wrote: »
    does anyone know if the eu regulations for claiming compensation apply to the dreamliner flight cancellations?

the flights were booked via thompson to mexico and have now been cancelled.

assuming the flight is still operating but on a different aircraft, no.
    Small print often allows the airline to change the aircraft/seats etc
  • andytricks
    andytricks Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    assuming the flight is still operating but on a different aircraft, no.
    Small print often allows the airline to change the aircraft/seats etc
    sorry, i dont have all the details at the moment as it is someone i know who it happened to.

i think they have had to change the flights for a later day. would that make a difference?
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AFAIA the flight timings have remained the same, just the aircraft changed, with enough notice given, so IMO the only avenue is if the seat class you have paid for is downgraded.
  • hmmm...
    Options
    My 2011 flight from Heathrow to Los Angeles was cancelled & I was shoved onto a flight to Washington DC & then a connection to LAX.... BUT I can't remember my flight number & don't have it written down anywhere... any idea how to find this out coz the airlines contact details page is confusing & most options require you to enter you flight number :undecided Argh!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback