Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• megan01
    megan01 Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    Claims should be sent to the Company Secretary at the airline's registered address, unless the airline specifies that claims are being handled at another specific address. In any case if your claim becomes one involving legal proceedings then the registered office address must be used.
    Thomson Airways Ltd
    TUI Travel House,
    Crawley Business Quarter,
    Fleming Way,
    Crawley
    RH10 9QL

Thank you very much! I'll happily go to court, I'm in the last year of getting a Law degree :)
    Save 12k in 2015 challenger NO.128 £0.00/£8000
    House Deposit : £6317.44/£12000.00
    Weight Loss, target: 8st 7lb current:
  • bagpipeb
    Options
    I complained back in 2008 to Flyglobespan about my severely delayed flight and got no where. Flyglobespan has now gone bust I think so is it impossible to complain again?
  • dankellys
    Options
    Has anyone tried yet to make a complaint to lotus air (Egypt)?

I was delayed for 5 and half hours from Edinburgh to Sharm 2010. I have been on their website, but the only relivent email address I could find was [EMAIL="lotus.info@lotus-air.com"]lotus.info@lotus-air.com[/EMAIL], however it appears that this address does not actually exist, as the email bounced back.
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just read the delayed flights article and I just need to check is the compensation for each passenger and not per party? If its per passenger I and my family may be entitled to claim for rather a lot of money.
    Monarch flight from luxor delayed by 7 hours and 41 minutes due to airline's fault.Flight distance 3960km makes for £480 and there's 5 of us! :eek: Holy crap is that right? would sure as heck make up for one of the worst delays I have ever experienced at an airport
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • dankellys
    Options
    This may have been a wet lease situation with Lotus Air contracted by another airline to operate its services. Who did you book with or was it a package holiday (not that it makes any real difference).

If the flight was operated by Lotus Air, then you may find it difficult to make and enforce a claim as they are based in Egypt.

If i remember rightly we actually flew with EgyptAir. Struggling to find the booking info at the minute, have a feeling it may be in my partners emails. I believe we booked with a small independant travel agent, which we found through Icelolly.com. So if it was with an egyption airline, we may stuggle with a claim, even though we were flying from an airport within the EU?
  • Susie1988
    Susie1988 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 7 November 2012 at 3:36PM
    Options
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help with regards to a claim I am thinking of putting forward.

I had flights with Thomas Cook to travel to Florida leaving from Glasgow on the 27th of August 2012. The six of us were scheduled to leave at 10.15am, we sat in the airport from 8am while constantly getting delayed . Thomas Cook explained all morning there was a technical fault with the plane and they were trying to fix it, at about 6-7pm in the evening they told us they could not fix the fault and we would have to fly the next day (something we sussed by the late afternoon but they still kept us waiting) The service was terrible, they made us wait 2 extra hours to get our luggage back and when asking if they could source another plane they said 'we don't know where it is right now and we only have one other long haul plane so no' (ridiculous)

Due to the cancellation happening on the day I was supposed to be leaving and the fact it was a technical fault and they could not source another plane, would this be ground for compensation??

Any help or recommendations would be great, thank you.

Susan
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Susie1988 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help with regards to a claim I am thinking of putting forward.

Due to the cancellation happening on the day I was supposed to be leaving and the fact it was a technical fault and they could not source another plane, would this be ground for compensation??

Any help or recommendations would be great, thank you.

Susan

Yes.

However make and effort and please actually read the thread as the answers are there.
  • blindman
    Options
    russetred wrote: »
    I've just read the delayed flights article and I just need to check is the compensation for each passenger and not per party?

Per passenger

If its per passenger I and my family may be entitled to claim for rather a lot of money.
    Monarch flight from luxor delayed by 7 hours and 41 minutes due to airline's fault.Flight distance 3960km makes for £480 and there's 5 of us! :eek: Holy crap is that right? would sure as heck make up for one of the worst delays I have ever experienced at an airport

Read this thread for Centipedes template letter which you need to POST to Monarch.
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    blindman wrote: »
    Read this thread for Centipedes template letter which you need to POST to Monarch.

Thanks for your reply. I am now going to read this entire thread as Oates would say I may be some time....
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • blindman
    Options
    russetred wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I am now going to read this entire thread as Oates would say I may be some time....

I'll help you out.

Two pages back
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport