Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• bignred05
    bignred05 Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kempstar wrote: »
    I entered the flight details on the Bott and Co website and they have got back to me saying they will take it on on a no win no fee basis. I am trying to decide if I can be bothered to do it myself or not. That said, it is a couple of hundred Euros. How much effort is it to pursue the claim yourself?

use MSE Resolver tool its free and takes a few minutes
    job done

https://www.resolver.co.uk/
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wonder if anyone could help please? We had a 24 hour flight delay from Ryanair on 22nd Dec 2017 @13.25 on Flight FR4755, it turns out that a plane had gone off the runway and we were then cancelled to the following morning @8.30 (at which time we had to sleep in the airport on a chair as we were told that there was no accommodation for us) to which other planes had been taking off for some time. We then received more text messages stating our flight was further delayed which ended up in us having a further 51/2 ours delay at least, the reason for this further delay was due to lack of crew. We have placed a claim but they have refused to pay out. In total we had over 24 hr delay, lost 1 day of our holiday, had not explanation from Ryanair and spent a fortune at the airport during the delay. Surley we should be entitled to some compensation?

It's hard to say for sure. An airplane going off the runway is outside the control of Ryanair. Whether lack of crew the following day is extraordinary depends on the specifics of the situation. If it was a direct result of the airport closure the previous day (which seems plausible), then compensation probably isn't due.
  • jpsartre
    Options
    kempstar wrote: »
    I entered the flight details on the Bott and Co website and they have got back to me saying they will take it on on a no win no fee basis. I am trying to decide if I can be bothered to do it myself or not. That said, it is a couple of hundred Euros. How much effort is it to pursue the claim yourself?

I certainly wouldn't hand over a claim to Bott & Co before claiming from the airline myself. All it takes is writing an email. Be aware that Bott & Co are quick to agree to take on claims that turn out not to be valid. Out of 4 claims they've handled for me, they gave up on 3 of them.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    bignred05 wrote: »
    use MSE Resolver tool its free and takes a few minutes
    job done

https://www.resolver.co.uk/
    If only that was all you had to do....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Parvesh
    Options
    Hey all,

A bit of a tricky one, in my opinion.

I was booked from Birmingham to Malta via Paris with Air France. However, the first flight was with Flybe and the second flight was with Air Malta. I had a 1 hour 20 minute transit in Paris which wouldn't usually be an issue.

I was unable to check in online for the second sector on the Air France/Flybe or even Air Malta website so I arrived at the Flybe check in desk but they couldn't check me in either. They said to go to the transfer desk in Paris. The first flight was on time, I think we may have even landed a few minutes early, but by the time the aircraft arrived at the gate and I got off, those few minutes had vanished. Upon arriving at the transfer desk, they also informed me they couldn't check me in because of their system being different to Air Malta's and I had to go to the Air Malta check in desk. This meant I had to go through security, get on a bus to then go to another terminal and check in there. Unfortunately, by the time I got to that check in desk, it was now 45 minutes until departure and the check in desk had closed with no Air Malta representative in sight! I went to the airport information desk who were unable to help except give me an Air Malta number...who were equally unhelpful.

I went to the Air France ticketing desk where they rebooked me on a flight later on that day from Paris Orly, this flight got me to my destination about 7 hours later than the original flight. They rebooked me on this flight for free, which to me indicates that they have admitted some kind of liability. They didn't offer me any food or drink vouchers until I asked, I also had to ask for a voucher for the 1 hour bus ride to Paris Orly from Paris CDG.

Any idea if I am able to claim compensation for this? It seems to me that it is a fault with their system, I did everything in my power to make the flights, which I would have done if I was able to check in online or even at the Air France transfer desk.

Thanks
  • jpsartre
    Options
    Parvesh wrote: »
    They rebooked me on this flight for free, which to me indicates that they have admitted some kind of liability.

Or they did you a favour. I don't see how this would entitle you to compensation under EU regulations. No flights were delayed or cancelled.
  • Jamikma
    Options
    I am delighted to report I have now received 500 euros compensation for myself and partner after claiming for 4 hour delay last July with Norwegian air as a Thomson carrier. I am sure I would not have been paid if I had not used the resolver tool on Martin's site as I was being ignored by Norwegian up to that point. THANK YOU Martin.
  • Mrssmurf2
    Options
    Hi
    Has anyone successfully claimed flight delay compensation from Blue Air.
    They not replying to emails and I was delayed from Rome over 5 hours in January.
    Thanks.
  • Mcpointon
    Options
    Is it acceptabe that you are charged to call Flybe to access your Compensation? Is this a double wammy? It may be an 0371 number but it should be afree number.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,556 Forumite
    Options
    Mcpointon wrote: »
    Is it acceptabe that you are charged to call Flybe to access your Compensation? Is this a double wammy? It may be an 0371 number but it should be afree number.

you don't need to phone to claim, you can do it by email also

Making a Claim
    If you believe you are eligible to make a claim, please contact our Customer Relations team with details of your disrupted flight. Click the Phone or Email icons on this page and select Flight Delays & Cancellations for contact details.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback