Options
    I believe it was flying on one engine?
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The videos suggest both engines were operating but the wind was 46 knots which has to be close to the limit for the Dash 8. The undercarriage collapsed presumably because of the hard landing which in turn was caused by the wind strength. I am amazed and disappointed that Flybe haven't contacted everyone involved, the MD spoke a conference I attended in the last 2 weeks and expressed real concern, despite the question not relating to the accident at all, I fear her English comprehension was not as good as she hoped!
  • Mrs_Muckle
    Mrs_Muckle Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    We were delayed from Zakynthos on 17/5/17 as the air traffic controllers were on strike from 11-3 and we were delayed for 3 hours and 15 minutes?

thank you
    Want to join SPC9
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mrs_Muckle wrote: »
    We were delayed from Zakynthos on 17/5/17 as the air traffic controllers were on strike from 11-3 and we were delayed for 3 hours and 15 minutes?

thank you

the airline has no control over ATC so can refuse compensation
  • badgerwarriors
    Options
    Hi all, we had a 19 hour delay coming home from Mexixo with Thomson. The pilot stated it was due to the crew missing a flight to Mexico from Miami (their flight was cancelled due to thunder storms) and the paperwork Thomson provided us gives the reason as 'due to flight crew limitations the flight was unable to operate on schedule. The flight operated at the earliest opportunity'.

I wasn't sure whether we would be eligible for compensation? Although the flight crew was delayed due to whether related issues, surely the actual cause is a Thoson staffing not weather issue?

I'm submitting a claim for additional parking costs and a hotel cancellation back in the UK (which was non refundable) but wasn're sure about the delay compensation. I'd really appreciate eveyone's thoughts. Thanks
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    badgerwarriors...

1) You are entitled to compensation - as you rightly state staff shortage is a Thomson problem - it should not be yours
    2) Keep other claims (parking/hotel) separate
    3) Read Vauban's Guide
    4) Future posts on Thomson thread please
  • samwardill
    samwardill Posts: 219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 May 2017 at 9:05AM
    Options
    I wish we were back in the good old 1970s. There was no compensation culture then. Prices were so much cheaper!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 May 2017 at 9:06AM
    Options
    The estimated additional cost of compensation payouts is about £1 per flight. Ryanair already charge more than this with their 261/2004 additional charge - and then rarely payout without a fight....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • SROBH
    SROBH Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    What is the situation if you miss a flight due to Airport delays? Let's say you check in on line the day before and have only cabin luggage. You arrive at the airport two hours before the flight is due to leave. Then the fun starts. Huge queues to get through security meaning you are denied boarding because you are too late. This scenario (plus airport staff assuring people they would not miss their flight - but the same staff doing little to manage the situation) is largely what happened to a relative of mine.

The airline says tough - you got to the gate too late.

As I understand it your contract is with the airline. The Airport acts as an agent for the Airline so there is no contractual link between the passenger and the Airport. I can only think a claim would have to be made under the civil tort of negligence - perhaps via small claims?

As it stands it seems to me that Airports can treat passengers very poorly and have little few of immediate legal redress.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback