Options

Comments

• dJBOOF007
    Options
    Bank: HSBC
    Amount Reclaimed: £1730.50
    Amount they paid: £1398.25
    The story:

It was as simple as it gets, I used the letter template from MSE to request my last 6 years statements. Once I'd been through and listed my charges I used the second letter to claim the full amount with out interest. HSBC acknowledged the receipt of this letter and 7 weeks later an offer was made. The amount varied slightly as I was claiming for charges over 6 years old in some cases but it is still a great result with the minimum of effort.
  • ladyclem
    Options
    Bank: HSBC
    Amount Reclaimed: 3500 - no interest

Amount they paid: 3100 - no interest

The story: Followed all very helpful instructions and templates and 8 weeks after offer letter and 2 weeks later they paid up "WITHOUT PREJUDICE"! I had started the Court action which their solicitor responded that they would defend. Wonderful - half of it went towards my daughter's wedding fund!! THANK YOU MARTIN!!!!

My son is now chasing £1500 - 6 weeks to go!

Woolwich
    Barclay Card
    HSBC Premier Card

to work on now.... THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH!:T

sport-smiley-001.gif
  • lmw1977
    lmw1977 Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: HSBC Bank PLC
    Amount Reclaimed: £1402.06

Amount they paid: £1532.25 (including charges I had not claimed for as the charges were incurred post my claim going to Money Claim Online.)

The story:

I followed the structure laid out on the main site here. I actually received a response after my initial query letter asking me to wait 8 weeks. At that stage I was not reading this forum or the Consumer Action Group forums and ignored the letter and proceeded to my LBA (letter before action) and ultimately onto court after the 28 day wait (the bank acknowledged and eventually defended) they wrote to me at the weekend just gone offering the above amount in full and final settlement .

My advice to HSBC customers wondering what to do is to write the letters and if you get a letter asking you to wait 8 weeks to give them the time after all you can always file after that date.

Regards

lmw :D:D:D (or at least will be when they cough up the funds)
    DMP Mutual Support Thread Member No 201

DMP with Payplan DFD sometime in 2017:eek: !

BUT...I'm Proud to be dealing with my debt.
  • guardian2020
    Options
    so so excited Nastywide has put full amount into my bank today 16th july...there were going to defend the claim..got to the court stage but they have settled..no letter tho just money in account...thank you so much you guys for the help n support couldnt have done this without you all ty ty and ty xxx Caz
  • lioness38
    Options
    Bank: Halifax PLC
    Amount Reclaimed: £2467.90

Amount they paid: £2467.90

The Story:
    Went through all the steps as shown on Martin's site, no joy, ended up taking court action. Got letter saying they were offering £984 - I said no and negotiated for £1350, Halifax said ok. Then got letter saying they were gonna defend in court (yeah right) and then I check bank and find they've plopped the whole amount in to my account the next day :T :j :beer: - wohoooooo! Success, the reason why they did that and not just bothered with the negotiated amount?..... THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER THE COSTS OF THEIR DEFENCE AS IT IS A SMALL CLAIMS COURT AND IT WILL COST THEM TOO MUCH IN DEFENCE PROCEEDINGS EVEN IF THEY WIN! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: . They actually put this in a letter to me!

So to all of you I say go ahead and get you money back, don't be put off by threats of a defence in court etc., they can't afford to defend themselves - it costs too much and they can't recover it back from us lesser mortals :rotfl: ...

Thank You so much Martin :money: , you are a saint :A .
  • debs2103
    debs2103 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    :T hehe great 2 read so many success stories. Lloydtsb were defending my claim and we were just waiting on a court date, and out of the blue they offered the full amount!
    We claimed £1744 + interest, theyve offered £2279 which covers our court costs as well ! We are over the moon, it just proves again that anyone can win against the banks with a little (lot!) help from everyone here whos offered advice along the way and been there whenever ur waivering or scared.
    Big thx 2 all of u guys, i couldnt have got this far without u all ! :beer:
  • corinne28
    corinne28 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: halifax
    ammount: £3020
    paid: £3020

Sent the first three letters and halifax said no, sent off court :rotfl:papers and halifax paid up on the deadline date. good luck every one
  • sarahjane81
    sarahjane81 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Success: Lloyds TSB Claimed 2450 just received offer of 2026.50 via Financial Ombudsman, Very happy taking the money.

Success: Bank of Scotland (Mortgage charges) Claimed 265 just had phone call from Graham offering 334.80 (I miscalculated) again very happy.

Still waiting: Clydesdale started 03/07 still no statements now with Ombudsman.
    Bank of Scotland Husbands Current account with Ombudsman.
    Bank of Scotland Current account still waiting on statements.
    Claim for missold PPI with Citifinancial just gone to Ombudsman.
  • halifaxhappy
    Options
    BANK : HALIFAX
    CLAIMED : 173.00
    SETTLEMENT AMOUNT : 393.00

WOW! Sent template letter 1 at the beginning of June, received expected reply from Halifax refusing to refund the charges, so sent template letter 2. Received a letter from them 3 weeks later, not only to inform me that the were going to refund me, but to offer me an amount of £393.00! I had only requested an amount of £173.00, for charges incurred over the last 3 years. to their credit, Halifax have offered me a payment to cover ALL charges made in the last 6 years. Im thrilled!! I have not been asked to close my account either. Very happy customer! :j
  • ericasalt
    Options
    I just got an offer from HSBC of £1360.58 which is only 300quid less than i asked for - i didnt even have to theaten with court! cant beleive it!! anyone out there considering it, just do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure