Options

Comments

• dita73
    dita73 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: First direct
    Amount Reclaimed:£1880
    Amount they paid:£1655

hi all we first wrote to first direct giving them the standard 14 days to respond with view to our charges of £1880 including interest......

Today just 5 days later we got a letter without prejudice of course.....
    offering us £1655.. as settlement and the money will be in my hubbys account within 10 days!!!

omg it was so easy!!
    thank you to everyone who helped with this and for MSE expert advice
    off to celebrate now!!
    yipppeeeeee

Ilona
    xxxx
  • SULACO10
    SULACO10 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    :j BANK:BARCLAYS
    AMOUNTCLAIMED:4000 GBP
    AMOUNT RECIEVED:4000 GBP
    IT TOOK 5 MONTHS BASICLY IGNORED UNTIL I TOOK TO SMALL CLAIMS
    THEY OFFERED 2600 GBP WHICH I REFUSED.
    ONCE IT WENT TO THE COUNTY COURT 10 DAYS BEFORE COURT DATE
    BARCLAYS OFFERED TO PAY ALL MY CHARGES,INC INTEREST & COURT FEE'S

BE WARNED BARCLAYS LEAVE EVERYTHING UNTIL THE LAST MIN

I NEARLY PANICED BUT HANG IN THERE

THANKS MARTIN FOR THIS SITE
  • AmyEllis_2
    Options
    Bank: Barclays
    Amount Reclaimed: £2535 + interest = £3063.12
    Amount they paid: £1885
    The story:
    25/2/2007 - Letter sent asking for statements encl. £10 cheque
    6/3/2007 - Cheque returned and letter said it would take a few weeks to process my request
    2/5/2007 - Statements finally received
    4/5/2007 - Letter and statement of charges sent in asking for the amount + interest
    17/5/2007 - Letter from Barclays saying they're sorry I'm unhappy with the charges, they're looking into my complaint but it may take a few weeks
    23/5/2007 - Called Barclays asking to speak with Complaints Department - GOT CUT OFF!!!!!!! :mad:
    24/5/2007 - Another letter sent to local Barclays address saying pay me in 14 days or I'll take you to court
    31/5/2007 - Another letter sent to local Barclays address saying give me my money in 7 days or you'll get taken to court
    6/7/2007 - Letter dated 2/7/07 received from Barclays saying they didn't agree with my views, but would offer me £1885 in full and final settlement of my complaint. :rotfl:
    12/07/2007 - Acceptance slip posted back to Barclays leeds address. Money to be in my current account within 10 working days of them receiving my acceptance slip.

Sooo...Barclays are slow, wrong, and offer appalling customer service. BUT they are starting to realise they're fighting a losing battle - a friend of mine got her letter yesterday after a much speedier claim than mine, offering her almost the same amount as me.

Keep going - it's worth it - it's money they've taken from you. I accepted the settlement as I needed the money...it's money I never thought I'd see again.

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH MARTIN :money: :beer:

I'm contacting Barclaycard next...:T
  • dylan148
    Options
    Abbey National
    Ammount requested £2,000
    Ammount Reclaimed ££1,500

Story

With this sites help I started the process in May 2007. They dealt with the claim and offered me £1,500 this is without going to court. They said it was a goodwill gesture. Althiugh this is not the full ammount I think its a fair deal.biggrin.gif

Thanks Martin and your site.

Dylan 148
  • kathykat_2
    kathykat_2 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    lloyds tsb
    claiming 2117.53
    WON £2365.39

I started my claim in april and today i got two letters from sc&m one saying lloyds will be defending the proceeding.

And them the other saying

This letter is marked 'without prejudice' and is 'confidential'.
    at the end of the day i won and I'M looking forward to having some money from the bank makes a change them giving me money i don't need to pay back,

I have been charged since starting my claim am i able to claim them back too, and if so where do i start.

Well there is luck out there for everyone so keep going you will get there in the end so good luck to you all.:beer: :beer: :beer: :T :T :T
  • Deestar36
    Deestar36 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bank: Barclays
    Amount Claimed: £702.30
    Amound Received: £702.30

Finally, after five months, I have today received full settlement into my account.

Had to take it all the way following Martin's advice, but they settled without having a court date! :j

Many thanks to everyone for the great advice posted on this website, and a huge thank you to Martin for bringing this to everyones' attention.

Hang on in there everyone, your determination will pay off in the end, eventually!!

:beer:
  • karis2000
    Options
    MARTIN - THANK YOU SO MUCH - YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD DAY FOR ME!

Nationwide:
    Sent usual letters as per this website, lodged claim with money claim, they acknowledged, then defended. Today, I got a notice from court saying they have paid! Amount claimed: £1137.44 Amount paid: £1137.44 inc court fee. Stupidly didn't ask for interest, didn't want to push it! Wish I had done now!! Just waiting for the cash.

Yorkshire Bank:
    Sent letters, lodged claim with money claim, acknowledged, then defended, then today got a letter from their solicitors saying they were settling in full but without admitting liability!
    Amount claimed: £144
    Amount paid: £144 plus court fees.

Awaiting replies from: TSB, Halifax, Capital one and Natwest.
    Bring it on!!!

Just wanted to say to all those in the process, you WILL win, be patient, it seems to me it takes 2-3 months from start to finish with most cases. A HUGE thank you to every one on this site who posted threads. By doing so, you kept me from quitting a long time ago. Thank you to you all x x
  • pebsham
    pebsham Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bank: Abbey

Claim: £1300

Payout: £1300 plus £200 "goodwill gesture"

Stage reached: prelim court proceedings

I started via MCOL, and with great skill managed to make myself the defendant and Abbey the claimant so I paid £120 to sue myself!!!! :mad:

When I realised I stopped the claim and made a new one, another £120 later I was then on the right track.

After a couple of weeks I received Abbey's defence which seemed to say they were not guilty of overcharging but if they were they weren't prepared to give all the money I was asking for. Their defence seemed very amateurish to me.

Eventually the case was transferred to my local court and a preliminary hearing date set.

With 14 days approaching my bundle was taking shape.

I had decided to hand deliver the bundle to the court on the 14 day deadline to see if Abbey would jump first.

In the post on the morning of the 14 day deadline was a letter from the Abbey offering full settlement.

A cheque followed 10 days later.

I closed the account and took out all the money

Yippeeee

Thanks to all for your help and support

Peb
    Trying................yes really trying
  • Cemma_2
    Cemma_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: Lloyds TSBAmount Reclaimed:£1016.95Amount they paid:£1143.32 (interest&court fee's!!)The storysent off for statements 21/02/07requested money back 26/04/07no reply.........sent LBA 17/05/07no reply............Filed MCOL 07/06/07lloyds defended immediately...........transfer of proceedings to local court 29/06/07letter from SCAM today 'STRICTLY WITHOUT PREJUDICE-CONFIDENTIAL' offering full amount plus interest plus court fee's.I can not tell you how valuable the information on this site, Martin Lewis, his team and the posters have been, there have been times (many of them) where i've just thought about forgetting it and accepting these fee's as a punishment for my slack banking. I've checked these success stories daily to keep my fight alive!!!Thankyou everyone!!!!and to those who are still continuing with their struggle, keep at it~your day will come!!!Don't let those bankers get you down!!!
  • Sinesmum
    Options
    Royal Bank of Scotland
    Claim: £1718.
    Amount Won: £1718.

First started all this in Feb/March, wrote my first letter, got my statements on day 40, posted of my request and on day 40 again got an offer, IN FULL!!
    Immediately signed that I accepted the offer and within 7 days it was in my bank. Thanks Money Saving Expert :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure