Forum Home » Motoring » Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs - Page 14

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs

edited 21 January 2014 at 11:52AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
2.4K replies 276.5K views

Replies

• patman99patman99 Forumite
    8.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time to up the ante and start communicating with the local press.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• edited 28 June 2013 at 9:38PM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June 2013 at 9:38PM
    patman99 wrote: »

Especially the angle that Aldi will not publicly state whether they are supporting PE in issuing LBAs against their CUSTOMERS. Although that said, as they are jointly and severally liable for the actions of their agent, then perhaps it's a non question!

So let's have a look at pre-estimate of losses - they seem extraordinarily dumb in this regard. What are the losses in a free car park?

However, what they are absolutely clear on, as they've confirmed in writing many times, despite very knowledge-based warnings not to use the terms, they continue, writ large, to state that their agent (and, ipso facto, Aldi) issues PENALTIES and FINES to their CUSTOMERS. A totally ILLEGAL act by any private enterprise.

Then there's the planning consent angle, currently, and increasingly, under scrutiny - already fined for a previous transgression in this regard, scrutineers seem to be suggesting that Briish justice has possibly not had the effect that the laws of this land intended to dissuade repeat offences.

Do you think there's enough to be going on with?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • edited 28 June 2013 at 11:35PM
    Kite2010Kite2010 Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 June 2013 at 11:35PM
    trisontana wrote: »
    This has just been posted:-

Aldi have every intention to abide by section 5.3.5 of the Transport Assessment. We can guarantee that any parents dropping off and picking up children at the adjacent Day Care Nursery will not be receiving penalty charge notices. Thanks for getting in touch.

Note the use (yet again) of the "p" word.

But we can't guarantee they won't receive parking charge notices from our pet scammers :rotfl:

Pretty pictures of cars on their 'system'
    http://southplanning.wiltshire.gov.uk/public-planning-application-documents/00361500/00361430_Applicants_Supporting_Information.pdf
    http://southplanning.wiltshire.gov.uk/public-planning-application-documents/00361500/00361428_Additional_Documentation.pdf

I wonder if they still call it "offences"
  • edited 29 June 2013 at 12:17AM
    photography_2photography_2 Forumite
    33 posts
    edited 29 June 2013 at 12:17AM
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    But we can't guarantee they won't receive parking charge notices from our pet scammers :rotfl:

Pretty pictures of cars on their 'system'
    http://southplanning.wiltshire.gov.uk/public-planning-application-documents/00361500/00361430_Applicants_Supporting_Information.pdf
    http://southplanning.wiltshire.gov.uk/public-planning-application-documents/00361500/00361428_Additional_Documentation.pdf

I wonder if they still call it "offences"

On page 2 of the additional documentation there is a survey listing the issues/problems within the car park before camera installation. There appeared to be almost no issues with other shoppers/visitors/tourists/car pooling etc. So why would PE or the owners be interested in a car park with no issues unless they know they can make money from virtually any location by issuing their fake PCNs to every man and his dog.

They don't have much of a clue about camera systems either.

A camera doesn't have a focal distance, that term is meaningless.

A camera on it's own has nothing except a sensor size. A lens has a focal length which defines it's field of view when adjusted for the camera sensor size. It also has a focussing distance which is what I think they mean by focal distance.
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is an ALDI groupie accusing all the posters on the Facebook page of being one person with different identities, How stupid can you get?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontana wrote: »
    There is an ALDI groupie accusing all the posters on the Facebook page of being one person with different identities, How stupid can you get?

we are beginning to sound a lot like Aldi but there are only so many ways you can say the same thing :)
  • Speaking to one of the staff in my local Aldi which has recently been infested .. the member of staff has received a 'fine' for overstaying his welcome !!! Apparently the member of staff has to appeal by the 'normal' method - that should be an interesting one for POPLA when PE issue the infamous EYE01 rejection ! Still, if the staff have not been told about how 'helpful' customer services are in cancelling these invoices, what hope has Joe Public?

I had no sympathy of course, the PE sign clearly states 'For ALDI customers only' so no excuse then :rotfl:. Although, feeling a bit sorry. I did relent and suggested a visit to Pepipoo .. :D.

I see the headlines already, "ALDI take staff member to court for coming to work" ......

Also, I did notice a nice new "management" camera ... on a pole .. amazing what technology can do .. alas I didn't spot the planning application for said camera ... I await the reply from my Council Planning Officer ;).
  • bazsterbazster Forumite
    7.4K posts
    Aldi really are a bunch of scum when it comes to planning permission. I've just been checking out the situation at their Dunstable store (planning permission granted 2004, opened 2007).

In the planning application they made all the usual promises about encouraging linked visits to Aldi and the other town-centre stores for up to two hours, with a penalty (yes, the "P" word!) to deter longer stays.

They promised this would be achieved by making it a pay-and-display car park with ticket machines and barriers, first hour free to Aldi customers, others paying a quid or two for up to two hours, and £10-per-hour thereafter to deter commuters and other long-stayers. Which seems all fine-and-dandy!

They even signed a Section 106 agreement which stated that the car park would provide short-stay parking of up to 2 hours for visitors to the town centre, and would function in a way that was generally compatible with the then-operating car park regime in the town centre.

But if you take a look at the car park now, what do you find? Certainly no barriers or ticket machines! What you find instead is the bog-standard Parking Spy sign headed "Aldi Customers Only", followed by all the usual crap.

Central Bedfordshire Council will be hearing from me next week.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • patman99 wrote: »

Done that already :-) Hoping the Knutsford Guardian will run this
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I visited an ALDI a few days ago ( Friday ) at Long - Eaton, its next to a huge tesco, the Tesco has a three hour limit, and surprise surprise the aldi is only 90 minutes - parking eye.
    anyone know how to find the planning permissions for that store,
    its under Errewash borough council as i pass it every now and again, heading towards Nottingham.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"