We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Halifax/BofScotland Insider Hints

1…2930323435…70

Comments

  • joruss
    joruss Posts: 10 Forumite
    1ANGEL wrote: »
    Just tried & got through on the 01977 627313. Spoke to Graham I must agree he was really nice & very helpful, said he would be dealing with my request first thing in the morning & an offer would be sent to me within the next day or so.
    Date of fob off letter 6th june-rang the number on letter 15th june, told me it could be upto 8 weeks-which is why I rang again today!
    Feel quite positive now-keep at it folks its your money!:A

    I couldnt agree more.

    Requeste charges 2.4.07
    Requested charges back 1.6.07
    Rejection letter 5.6.07
    Rang 8.6.07 for re evaluation
    Following advice on the site rang 01977 627313 today at 8 am and spoke to Graham. Was lovely as everyone else said and he advised i would receive an offer in next couple of days.

    For the first time i actually am believing i will receive the majority if not all of my charges back.

    I cant thank everyone enough for their help on this site

    Next post hopefully in the success stories (then onto my old credit card charges!!!!!!!!)
  • hmo
    hmo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    i started this in march asking for bank statement, then did martins first letter, got a letter saying they will investiagte ans come back within 4weeks, then they wrote and said charges are fair, i wrote saying i dissagreed and gave them 14 days to pay up or i go to court.

    that was up yesterday, filed my online court claim at 1.30 today.

    just have to wait now
  • Hi there all just discovered this forum and am feeling very encouraged by your stories.
    Have already started claim;

    25 April - Request Charges
    1 May - Informed paperwork on way
    16 May - 6yrs statements arrive
    16 May - Request £3003 in charges returned
    22 May - Knockback
    28 May - Threaten court
    21 June - Today - Recieve offer of £1473.50

    Think i may phone 01977 No. tomorrow, any advice would be great many thanks and good luck to all.
  • kellfi
    kellfi Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hello,

    I have rec'd an offer of £853, however, I orginally claimed for £2500 inc interest. They told me that I was only entitled to £1700, is there anything that I can do please?

    Thanks a lot in advance
  • mel-mel_4
    mel-mel_4 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Hello all,
    I started claims from the halifax regarding my credit card on the 8th of may. I have been sent two letters and been rejected twice and I intend to ffight it all the way. My question to all is I did not put the interest charges in both letters but now I intend to. is it too late to request it, if they offer me a settlement? Or if I have to go to court. Lastly I also do not have the dates the charges were imposed. This is because I got the charges confirmed over the phone for the amount of £1900 since I opend the account in 2002. Any help anyone on how much interest I should add or if I should add it at all?

    Thanks all
  • hi all
    well im in same boat as everyone else on here only i have over limit fees on mine only
    what i want to know is could i ring my credit cards up ie:halifax one and capital 1 and just ask for details of all the over limit fees that have been applied to my account? then just send a ltter of asking for thes fees back im not over by much as i did pay about £300 back off my halifax card in one go my limit is £1000 on that one.capital 1 is £200 limit but stands at about £395.if i could just claim all these over limit fees back then i would be happy enough .i have standing order on both accounts taken from my bank account each month so aleast they are getting paid all the time and i have no late payments.........
  • bigmoodog
    bigmoodog Posts: 32 Forumite
    evening folks,

    after many frustrating and fruitless calls to the halifax, I called thru on the magical number today and spoke to the legendary Graham. He asked what he could do so i told him he is the talk of the internet as a man who can get things done. (flattery always works). I advised that after over 3 months and many calls im no closer to getting my charges back. Without hesitaion, he said he would get something out in the post to me today. Royal Mail permitting, i hope to have some sort of offer tmrw or monday at latest. Ill let you all know how i get on and if i get my 2.2k back.

    laters alligators

    the dog
  • 1ANGEL
    1ANGEL Posts: 260 Forumite
    jo1972 wrote: »
    I think he must read this thread, maybe we should start a 'Mutual Graham Appreciation Thread!' Thanks Graham :)
    :T
    We love Graham! Even if its for just at least giving us some light at the end of the tunnel! Bless him hes definately our money angel! :A
  • AFCChris
    AFCChris Posts: 96 Forumite
    Has anyone had a straight "no" when asking for the case to be re-evaluated?

    Just received the fob off letter and I'm going to contact them today (if I can) or Monday.

    Regards

    Chris
  • lorna_anne
    lorna_anne Posts: 18 Forumite
    I received a letter from the Bank of Scotland today saying that they have investigated my complaint but have declined my request. I find this extremely annoying as they have not even sent me my bank charge statements yet!! This has been been over 3 months since my request for the statements. So I don't know for what amount they have declined me for!!!Has this happened to anyone else? If so, can they advise me where to go next?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.