webuyanycar.com

Options

Comments

2010 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well FairyM, I`ve read your review with interest.

The problem is that you have only joined the site today and have given a glowing report about WBAC.

The more cynical among us would maybe think that you are the aforementioned Ross Murray.

Of course I wouldn`t possibly think that.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In fairness to WBAC, i'd a trade in that i thought i'd run past them and they were offering reasonable money for it - more than it had been making at auction. Booked an appointment and the guy rang me next day to confirm. Seemed dead on on the phone, but i ended up selling the car on to another trader.

Thats my closest experience to them yet, though i expect to push a car or two to them over the next week or two.
  • FairyM
    FairyM Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Ha ha! I knew that's what everyone would think '2010' but I can assure you I am a legitimate female customer of WBAC! I'm sure the last thing any male in the motor trade would do is call themselves FairyM! Plus when I tell you that I sold them my Ford Streetka convertible and my next car is a Fiat 500 Pink, you'll know I'm a girl and not a car dealer!
    Genuinely I just registered here because I felt I had to redress the balance. I'm normally like everyone else, quick to complain and leave negative feedback when I'm unhappy, but never really bother to write something nice when I've had a good experience/service. However this time I had my preconceptions so overturned that I had to write a review, how can we expect the service industries to make an effort with their customer services if they aren't rewarded when they do well? All I'm saying is give them a chance and make up your own mind, I'm not naive enough to think there aren't people out there who've had bad experiences at their hand, but my personal experience was brilliant!
  • FairyM
    Options
    Where has my original post gone?! I assume if an administrator had a problem with what I'd written they would have the decency to tell me? I go to the effort of writing a positive review re my experience with a company that has a lot of negativity written about it, but because I've been positive an assumption is made that I'm not genuine. Or are you only allowed to be negative and complain on this website?
  • motorguy
    edited 12 July 2012 at 1:38AM
    Options
    FairyM wrote: »
    Where has my original post gone?! I assume if an administrator had a problem with what I'd written they would have the decency to tell me? I go to the effort of writing a positive review re my experience with a company that has a lot of negativity written about it, but because I've been positive an assumption is made that I'm not genuine. Or are you only allowed to be negative and complain on this website?

would you not agree its a little weird that someone joins up specifically to sing the praises of an organisation, and does nothing else on the entire forum other than that?

would you also not agree that new forum members tend to come on and ask about a problem they are having or comment meekly on a current thread, as opposed to joining specifically to advocate a particular company that is generally receiving a bad press on here (and generally)?

Would you also not agree that its a little odd that historically some people seem to join up to this forum just to defend WBAC and do not interact in any other way on this forum - coincidentally just as you have done?
    2010 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    FairyM wrote: »
    Genuinely I just registered here because I felt I had to redress the balance.

The proof of the pudding will come in your next 100 posts or will FairyM go back to the bottom of the garden and never be seen again?
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    Ric wrote: »
    There's a possibility I may use wewillbuyyourcar.com to get rid of an old car I want gone quickly.
    If anyone has previously used them and wants to PM me their unique reference number....

I take it you haven't read the thread then. :wall:
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • FairyM
    Options
    What happened to be nice to new posters?! I get that you are all used to seeing negative comments about WBAC, but that doesn't make my review any less valid. I am not a spammer and am quite insulted that someone has reported my review just because it was positive.
    Gentlemen - as I assume you are - I have used this website as a source of information for a long time but I'm intrinsically lazy so would normally just absorb the benefits! The reason I was so keen to post on here was because this thread was the exact reason I nearly didn't even give we buy any car a chance. So when my experience was so different to everyone else's I felt they deserved a pat on the back. For the doubters out there: I am still waiting four the money from WBAC to hit my bank account so haven't deleted the eBay listing for my car, so you're welcome to check that out as proof, pm me for the details - or I'll even send you a copy of my sale sheet or bit out of the logbook to show I sold it! I feel like I've been told off for not going with the flow! Do you not want this thread to be a balanced view of this company? I bet half the people who've posted on here have never even got a quote from them.
    I'm not saying that WBAC gave me an amazing inflated price for my car but what they did give me was fair - which is all they claim. Yes, I could have got more if I'd held out for a private sale, but it was stressing me out and I don't have anyone to do these hideous jobs for me. I was relieved to make a bit less money but see the car go and it was still slightly more than the trade in value I was offered. In my experience the big car brands are much worse for ripping people off with their trade in values.
    Please can I repost my review later without the risk of it being deleted? If there was anything specific I said that is against forum rules then I'm happy to rewrite that bit or shorten it if it was to waffly!
    Ric - I've just seen your post higher up and will pm you my sale reference as I'd love free M&S vouchers! I saw that on the WBAC website and have been trying to get someone else to see them their car just so I can get free lunches! I think the info you've posted is for a different company with a similar name who I think most of these complaints are probably really about! WBAC are offering £40 vouchers I think.
  • FairyM
    Options
    Incidentally wewillbuyyourcar.com offered me £600 less for my Streetka on their online quotation than webuyanycar.com did and even though WBAC knocked £200 off for the bits of damage that my car had on it, I was therefore still £400 better off than if I'd gone with the other company. I think some of these reviews are mixing the two companies up.
  • motorguy
    Options
    Number of posts = 4

Number of posts advocating WBAC = 4

Hmmmm....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing