webuyanycar.com

Options

Comments

• Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Options
    Flyboy152 wrote: »
    I put these people in the same category as the "Cash for Gold" shysters.

Same. Still annoys me when people moan about not getting retail money for their car from them though
  • cc100_2
    cc100_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I went along to meet with the sales rep for WBAC but I kept getting lost due to my SatNav (or so I thought). I pulled over on a quiet industrial estate road only to find a salesman stood on the street corner waving at me. This seemed really dodgy. The salesman wasn't clued up on motoring terminology and got easily confused with my questions, at one point I had to ring the dealership I purchased my car from 3 years earlier. After only 10 minutes of being there, I decided to call it a day and got up to leave. I was happy with the £3,500 they offerred but the whole experience made me nervous and I had a bad feeling with the whole set up. Needless to say I have now kept my car and definately not selling. The TV advert shows a proper car port with staff and an office with a huge WBAC sign. I had none of this, just a guy in a WBAC jacket, in an empty room with a computer... This surely isn't right I ask?
  • anotherbaldrick
    anotherbaldrick Posts: 2,335 Forumite
    Options
    cc100 wrote: »
    I went along to meet with the sales rep for WBAC but I kept getting lost due to my SatNav (or so I thought). I pulled over on a quiet industrial estate road only to find a salesman stood on the street corner waving at me. This seemed really dodgy. The salesman wasn't clued up on motoring terminology and got easily confused with my questions, at one point I had to ring the dealership I purchased my car from 3 years earlier. After only 10 minutes of being there, I decided to call it a day and got up to leave. I was happy with the £3,500 they offerred but the whole experience made me nervous and I had a bad feeling with the whole set up. Needless to say I have now kept my car and definately not selling. The TV advert shows a proper car port with staff and an office with a huge WBAC sign. I had none of this, just a guy in a WBAC jacket, in an empty room with a computer... This surely isn't right I ask?

Not my experience at all . Are you sure it was a genuine WBAC shop you went to ? Where?
    You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I’ll tickle your catastrophe (Henry IV part 2)
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Ours was the same, premises did not have a WBAC sign, just some office building on a trading estate.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • anotherbaldrick
    anotherbaldrick Posts: 2,335 Forumite
    Options
    tiff wrote: »
    Ours was the same, premises did not have a WBAC sign, just some office building on a trading estate.

Yes but not a bloke standing on a corner waving !
    You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I’ll tickle your catastrophe (Henry IV part 2)
  • GKP1
    GKP1 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I have just sold my car through WeBuyAnyCar.com and told the bloke I would post an honest review, so here goes:
    Like many others, I had assumed that WeBuyAnyCar.com was only for people desperate enough to sell their cars at a low price. After all, how do they make enough dosh to pay for all the TV advertising?
    Anyway, I was trading in my 2.5 year old Mini Cooper S Camden for a new Mini, and was less than happy with the P/X price offered (£11k). I had advertised in Autotrader and Pistonheads for a couple of weeks with no success. On a whim, I put the car reg into the WeBuyAnyCar.com web site, and was somewhat surprised that a valuation of £12,260 came up. I did not complete the appraisal form, as the car was low mileage, in virtually mint condition. I had read all the warnings on this forum about the web price being a teaser, whose only function was to get you in to the WBAC buyer's clutches. I made an appointment, the car was carefully examined by the WBAC buyer, and I was fully expecting a lower offer to be made. (I would have walked away). I tried hard to conceal my surprise when the buyer told me he couldn't see anything wrong with the car apart from a couple of small stone chips, so would offer my the web valuation of £12,260 less the admin charge (£74.99).
    The money has now been paid by BACS, exactly as promised. Like many others I was extremely sceptical about WBAC, but would now recommend them to anyone with a good, clean car to sell.
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    That's strange. When I put a mint 2.5 year old Camden into the website I get £10,895, some £1300 less.
  • GKP1
    GKP1 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Can't really explain that Alexis, but the whole transaction was completed this week - my car was a Cooper S Camden - standard spec plus heated seats, 59 reg. Having bought an Autotrader valuation, I was very underwhelmed by the Mini dealer's P/X price, but pleasantly surprised by the WBAC valuation.
  • oldhand
    oldhand Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    GKP1 wrote: »
    Can't really explain that Alexis, but the whole transaction was completed this week - my car was a Cooper S Camden - standard spec plus heated seats, 59 reg. Having bought an Autotrader valuation, I was very underwhelmed by the Mini dealer's P/X price, but pleasantly surprised by the WBAC valuation.

That was a paid advertisment by a we scam anycar.com employee awaiting promotion.......:whistle::whistle:
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GKP1 wrote: »

I smell a stooge. You could always scan your receipt for us all to see how brilliant they were, until then.......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure