webuyanycar.com

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

2010 Posts: 5,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 December 2017 at 9:45PM
    Options
    Just valued my car at three different sites and webuyanycar came out tops.
    Having said that if I didn`t get the valuation quoted when I go to them, then they wouldn`t get the car.

But with my mileage and condition I`m pretty sure they would snap it up as they did last time.
    They know they`ll make at least £1k on my car and that`s why they`ll buy it at the price they first quoted.

Last time they bought my old car they gave more than the main dealer offered on part ex.on a new one.

UPDATE: Just had a valuation from Evans Halshaw who guarantee to beat WBAC and they were £400 less then WBAC.

Bunch of chancers.
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They are chancers, offered me 2k less than I got selling privately!

Their model is to make it all very easy, but in return they give you crap prices.
  • Nodding_Donkey
    Nodding_Donkey Posts: 2,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 December 2017 at 5:44AM
    Options
    What people seem to forget is that WBAC need to make a profit and the dealer buying the car from the auction needs to make a profit therefore a car that would retail at £2.5k on a forecourt will be lucky to achieve half that at WBAC.

The more expensive the car the tighter the margins will be.

it's also handy being able to run that shed you have on your drive, the one with only 2 days MOT on it, down to WBAC and getting rid of it with no grief from the tyre kickers who expect to knock you down from a couple of hundred £ because it has a couple of scratches on the bootlid :)
  • EdGasketTheSecond
    Options
    They have also been known to not pay if they find a mechanical fault after buying it.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Zola. wrote: »
    They are chancers, offered me 2k less than I got selling privately!

Their model is to make it all very easy, but in return they give you crap prices.

They offer below trade prices so that they can then pass the cars on to the trade, at trade prices.

What were you really expecting from them? They're running a business not a charity.
  • motorguy
    edited 13 December 2017 at 9:33AM
    Options
    They have also been known to not pay if they find a mechanical fault after buying it.

Yes i would say they get caught quite a bit with people passing off cars with major intermittent or not immediately detectable faults.

It used to happen frequently when i was a motor trader - quite a few people seem to think if they've got a major fault with a car then its perfectly acceptable to quietly trade it in to a dealer. I've even seen that attitude promoted on here.

I would say their T&Cs cover them for that.
  • motorguy
    Options
    What people seem to forget is that WBAC need to make a profit and the dealer buying the car from the auction needs to make a profit therefore a car that would retail at £2.5k on a forecourt will be lucky to achieve half that at WBAC.

The more expensive the car the tighter the margins will be.

it's also handy being able to run that shed you have on your drive, the one with only 2 days MOT on it, down to WBAC and getting rid of it with no grief from the tyre kickers who expect to knock you down from a couple of hundred £ because it has a couple of scratches on the bootlid :)

Very few cars worth £2.5K will end up on a forecourt - far too much hassle retailing it for very little return. WBAC pay reasonable trade prices for retail quality cars but theres a lot of stuff they really dont want so they will give low ball offers.

Likewise its a computer algorithm works out the price, not some bloke sifting through quotes at a computer so sometimes it will get it wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure