Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• Still not answered my question why have topcashback not taken down the promotion when I've been complaining since April. This is affecting my mental health someone please help me. I need someone like Martin Lewis to look into this and put it on his show. Someone with contacts please make this happen. This is wrong. Anyone with half an brain can see that. 
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Good morning everyone,

rich_shot2003  - The Ad states where you can get cashback from, it doesn’t say it’s guaranteed and so I am sorry if you have read into this differently.

davideo1981 – I appreciate that it’s disappointing when it takes longer than we’d expect or indeed cashback is declined. However, sites like us are there so you get a chance to earn the commission that’s normally earned without you even knowing about it by social media sites, websites etc. We think it’s great you get a chance to earn that money and while of course, we can only give it to you if we get it, we make this as clear as we possibly can. MSE has doe a great article about the pros and indeed cons of using cashback sites and so its worth checking out.

We don’t like to see you frustrated and like you we want this sorted, at the same time we can only work within our means and at the moment, the time for your claim still hasn’t past the estimated timeframe we do ask members to allow and so despite the frustration, the outcome is very likely going to be that we have no update.

This all being said, I have emailed the cashback network today for you to see that despite this being early on in the process whether we can get some wriggle room to secure an update. I can’t make any promises, but I appreciate you are new to the cashback process and so are dubious about whether it can work and similarly I appreciate that for some people in the current climate we’re in, there may be other external pressures that contribute towards the frustration. We want to work with members and not against them to get the best outcome for them when things don’t go to plan.

Best wishes,

Matt   

Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Good morning everyone,

rich_shot2003  - The Ad states where you can get cashback from, it doesn’t say it’s guaranteed and so I am sorry if you have read into this differently.

davideo1981 – I appreciate that it’s disappointing when it takes longer than we’d expect or indeed cashback is declined. However, sites like us are there so you get a chance to earn the commission that’s normally earned without you even knowing about it by social media sites, websites etc. We think it’s great you get a chance to earn that money and while of course, we can only give it to you if we get it, we make this as clear as we possibly can. MSE has doe a great article about the pros and indeed cons of using cashback sites and so its worth checking out.

We don’t like to see you frustrated and like you we want this sorted, at the same time we can only work within our means and at the moment, the time for your claim still hasn’t past the estimated timeframe we do ask members to allow and so despite the frustration, the outcome is very likely going to be that we have no update.

This all being said, I have emailed the cashback network today for you to see that despite this being early on in the process whether we can get some wriggle room to secure an update. I can’t make any promises, but I appreciate you are new to the cashback process and so are dubious about whether it can work and similarly I appreciate that for some people in the current climate we’re in, there may be other external pressures that contribute towards the frustration. We want to work with members and not against them to get the best outcome for them when things don’t go to plan.

Best wishes,

Matt   

Nor does it say it is not guaranteed which it should do just like Quidco does.
    See the issue is that we have no way of proving that you keep the money or do not keep the money which should be passed onto members because you have to make some money from it somehow.
    would love to know how you make money as i am sure you do and make a lot of money.
    it would be very very easy for you to keep cashback as you do not have to show your accounts to us or anyone in fact which you should be made to do each year so that us members can see that you are honest as i have my doubts that you are.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    They make money the same ways you do , via the retailer paying additional affiliate money to topcashback for each purchase. 

Your accusations of them "keeping cashback to make money" are unfounded
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
    Hey Everyone 

Hope you are having a great Mid week 

@rich_shot2003 - We pass on 100% of the commission we receive from retailer's affiliate networks for transactions made to members as cashback offers so no we don't keep any of it. 
    For more information on how we operate please visit this page https://www.topcashback.co.uk/help/how-does-topcashback-make-money

Best wishes 

Phil :smile:

I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi TCB
    Thank you for sorting out my bonus for me.
  • Is this the longest wait for payment? Or can you beat it?
    Firstly let me say I was able to identify the problem immediately myself and I emailed TCB to show the problem,requesting a simple manual intervention to avoid further problems down the line and resulting in lots of to-ing and fro-ing and a lengthy delay in getting paid.
    Original purchase... 5th January
    Incorrectly tracked...claim lodged 10th January
    Put on ice for 90 days
    sorted (eventually) 29th June (confirmed status)
    still waiting for payment

No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this query, as I am unable to submit a support ticket for it. I activated the on-card offers for Tesco both last week and this week. The first was for £5 cashback when spending £50+, the second was for 8% cashback. Neither purchase has tracked, but because it was On-card, it obviously doesn't show up as a click through from TCB so I couldn't lodge missing cashback claim. I have also tried raising a support ticket but apparently "this retailer doesn't allow us to chase missing cashback". So my question is, am I ever likely to receive it, or was it just a scam to get people to shop at Tesco? It seems very deceitful to tempt shoppers with a non existent offer and then refuse any comeback!!
    Hey Everyone 

Hope you are all having a Marvelous Monday :smile:

@mamabuddah I am sorry to hear that we have not yet received cashback for your transaction. If you could please drop us an email at mse@topcashback.co.uk we can take a further look to see what more we can do to get things moving forward for you. 

@cagsd For On-card missing cashback claims you would need to email oncard@topcashback.co.uk and the team here can help you to lodge a claim for any missing On-Card cashback offers.  We only display genuine cashback offers on site and we are seeing members get cashback for this specific offer on a wider scale. Please try that email and the team should be able to help but if you still have issues please reach out to us at mse@topcashback.co.uk and we can take a look

Best wishes 

Phil :smile:

• mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 826 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 November 2020 at 2:08PM
    Phil @TCB Thanks for that 👍.  
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback