We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    I have had a DirectLine insurance transaction go to 'Declined' over night

08 Sep 2014 Direct Line Busines
    £0.00 £90.90

This was for landlord insurance, which is fully paid up and active, and tracked initiallty but had now been declined.

I cannot raise a Claim for this and it does'nt appear on this list to raise a Claim.

I have screenshots for this and replied to your validation process with the info required, so there is no legitimate reason for a 'decline'.

Could you get back to my why this has been declined, as I will contact the Financial Ombudsman Service regarding this.

Thanks - I have the same username here as on TCB.
  • bxboards
    Options
    Further to my post regarding declines from Directline, I have clear evidence that Topcashback have censored a large number of reviews from members regarding decline and non-payment from DirectLine.

Why is this?

I have copies and screenshots, so please do not say this doesn't happen... all these have been removed by TCB. I am sure you are aware that this could be seen as encourage 'mis-selling'. Would you like to comment to me and other members who are being censored on your reviews?

Direct Line Reviews
    I purchased landlord insurance with an offer of 90 cashback in september. However on 31st decemember 2014 this was 'declined' - the policy was and still is active, and this was simply just declined over 4 1/2 months later. Offering a large financial 'carrot' of 90 to encourage taking out a policy, then not honouring the cashback is unacceptable, and is mis-selling plain and simple. A complaint has been raised, and will be following up with the fos if necessary.
    bxboards | 31 Dec 2014

Tracked fine then declined they were the cheapest for the car insurance but don't promise cashback if your just going to decline it for no reason.
    baz6907 | 31 Dec 2014

Cash back was declined by directline after more than 2 months. I followed all the rules and am really wondering if they really intend to pay all these cashbacks or if it's just a plan to lure naive clients into buying their policies... Be aware and careful
    cparent64 | 11 Dec 2014

Have car, home and pet insurance with direct line.. All purchased via tcb. Home and car tracked and paid fine. Pet insurance confirmed then went to declined (not sure if it's because it confirmed too quickly ... It does state it needs to be in policy for six months and it went to confirmed within weeks). Have a claim in so hopefully will be resolved. As with all things ... Don't let the cash back be the decider as it is never guaranteed. My experience with them as a company including a car claim has been positive.
    FionaFinch | 08 Dec 2014

Bought a car insurance policy, cash back initially tracked but was then 'declined'. I've had to manually chase this claim, and so has my daughter who also purchased a car insurance policy. Given the other reviews here, this seems to not be an isolated occurrence. Be prepared to chase your cash back.
    thecommander | 04 Dec 2014

Disappointing with directline as far as cashback concerned. I followed the rules for taking out a car insurance policy with direct line and cashback tracked straightaway, but it was later declined. Don't buy insurance from directline expecting cashback - it won't happen
    jordan2708 | 29 Nov 2014

I took out a policy on 16th march this year and am due £90.90 Cashback. Although it has tracked the payment should be received within 26 weeks and it is now nearing 40 weeks. I will not be using direct line again. Avoid.
    northernbird2012 | 25 Nov 2014
    Over a years worth of logged claims and... Nothing. Do not bother with this merchant. Very quick to take your money only to refuse genuine cash-back. Cannot fault tcb as they tried their hardest to recover. Also; direct line are actually rubbish when it comes to needing to make a claim on car insurance. I was hit by a drunk driver in an accident that was not my fault in any way... Direct line started off well but then refused a hire car (when my car was written off by the drunk driver) as they said it was to be covered by the other party. Do not bother! [ed:topcashback-hi there, I am sorry to hear this and that we were not able to provide you with a positive resolution to your claim. I hope that any future transactions that you go on to make are more successful for you. Best wishes, topcashback]
    charles2988 | 10 Nov 2014
  • BudgetQueen14
    Options
    Hi I'm new to Top Cash Back so wondered if you can help? At the moment in my account I have £3.78 payable, £2.83 confirmed and £2.54 payable. But if I go to Withdraw Amount it won't let me type in the box. Is this because I need to reach a certain limit first?
  • Liquidity
    Liquidity Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do you get away from the £5 admin fee? I see no option to downgrade my membership
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,185 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys, thanks for your messages.

@Liquidity, Please can you send in a support ticket from your account, we can then further advise you here.

@BudgetQueen14. No, you don't need to reach a certain amount before you can claim it, anything over 1p can be claimed, Without looking at your account its hard to specify why you cannot claim your cashback. This may be because of a membership fee. In order for us to be able to further advise you here, please can you send an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk in this email can you please provide the email address that is registered on your TopCashback account.

@bxboards I am sorry to hear you feel this way. Please can you send the screenshots in to mse@topcashback.co.uk we can then take a further look into this for you.

Kind Regards,
    Charlie
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bxboards
    Options

@bxboards I am sorry to hear you feel this way. Please can you send the screenshots in to mse@topcashback.co.uk we can then take a further look into this for you.

Kind Regards,
    Charlie

Hello

It's not 'feeling this way' -' this is happening. Several reviews from 27th November onwards have been scrubbed.

Screenshot from today (3rd Jan 2015)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzwn0d0p6picdde/Screenshot%20from%202015-01-03%2011%3A46%3A45.png?dl=0

Play spot the difference! My own review and several others have also gone in a puff of smoke.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7e653lk2lq3qy98/Screenshot%20from%202014-12-31%2015%3A18%3A22.png?dl=0

note how many 1* reviews for 'declines for no reason' have gone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zumdqkx87r1mav/Screenshot%20from%202014-12-31%2015%3A24%3A13.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4y35eram9w2n6i/Screenshot%20from%202014-12-31%2015%3A24%3A56.png?dl=0
  • System
    System Posts: 178,108 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is there any reason why my purchases from Very aren't even tracking ?
  • Liquidity
    Liquidity Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys, thanks for your messages.

@Liquidity, Please can you send in a support ticket from your account, we can then further advise you here.

@BudgetQueen14. No, you don't need to reach a certain amount before you can claim it, anything over 1p can be claimed, Without looking at your account its hard to specify why you cannot claim your cashback. This may be because of a membership fee. In order for us to be able to further advise you here, please can you send an email to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] in this email can you please provide the email address that is registered on your TopCashback account.

@bxboards I am sorry to hear you feel this way. Please can you send the screenshots in to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] we can then take a further look into this for you.

Kind Regards,
    Charlie

When I click on "Customer Care" -> "Submit a Support Ticket" I don't see any option to actually submit the ticket :(
  • equinoximmure
    equinoximmure Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 4 January 2015 at 7:15PM
    Options
    Hello TCB,

Please could you tell me why my recent plusnet order has tracked at £57.75 instead of the advertised £147? I based my transaction on this advertised amount and would have gone with cheaper alternatives had I known you were falsely advertising the cashback total. My order number is adrianbemand, ID: 2775067. I have lodged a claim but have been told it is "on ice", however I need to cancel the order before it is completed if you are not going to honour your advertised cashback amount.

Kind regards

Adrian
  • Huwbert
    Huwbert Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, quick one as a google search is throwing up a lot of contradictory answers...

Does the cashback you get from the likes of Quidco, Topcashback and some credit cards count as taxable income if you are doing a self-assessment tax return?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure