We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ask Primus a Question

Options

Comments

• dumbo
    dumbo Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Tight Fist,

We normally ask all of our customers to give 30 days notice to leave our services, if you could send me an email with your account details and your MSE username and I can have a check into this further for you.

dumbo,

If you could also send me an email with your details and I can have a look into this to see what we can do to get you onto the ebilling system.

Kind Regards,
    Jo

Hi

Can you give me an email address to send my details to as I have emailed Primus before & had no reply regarding this query.

Regards
    Dumbo
  • Hi Dumbo,

You can email us on onlineteam@newcalltelecom.co.uk

Once we have your email we can look into resolving any issues you have.

Thank you,
    Jordan
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,572 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Ampersand,

I'm sorry that you were not informed of these changes, please accept our sincerest apologies that this has caused.

If you have any further issues please do not hesitate to contact us on our email address and we will happily look into any issues you may have.

Kindest regards,
    Jordan
    ##########

Just clicked link sent by Nasser and sure enough, can see invoices sans problème.
    Thankyou.

Please advise customers of any New Call bank changes in future though.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• moneysavergirl2
    Options
    I signed up with Primus earlier this year, really pleased to get away from my previous provider whose customer service was terrible. I now find that Primus is 10 times worse!

I am being charges for a different contract than what I signed up for online- beware and ask for written confirmation.

Despite many phone calls and emails nobody in customer services is interested in helping, and when I eventually get a response they don't keep their promise to call or email back!

I looked at the public profile of the rep and the same email address is listed a the one I used- again getting a reply that someone will ring to resolve but they don't

Beware! !
  • Spikey_w
    Spikey_w Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm on the Home Phone Saver package only, I wonder if anyone can help with my query as I'm looking to reducing my cost.

I would like to consider paying a lump sum upfront for my line rental for the remainder of my minimum contract period, i.e. 6 months. I'm asking as some companies, e.g. BT, offer discounted rental if paid in this way. So is this possible, and if so how much would it be (currently paying £9.49pm).
  • babble
    babble Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Primus Saver Rep: I have just sent an email which contains the info you asked for and the following:

In addition to the brief posting on MSE, there was no warning about having our broadband switched off which meant we didn't know there was a problem and is not really good customer service as we have never missed a bill. I have since been told by my wife that apparently we used over 50GB more than our 20GB monthly allowance. I'm sorry but without any actual figures to show our usage; therefore denying us a means to dispute, or a method to monitor our usage; denying us a means to keep within the limit, I don't know how you can hope to charge for this. I don't know how anyone could use that amount of data, especially as the current month I would believe our usage has gone down not up due to my wife being at work and me being out a lot. I am quite certain that we have been within our usage limits every month and the charges for excess usage you have levied are wrong and should be removed and refunded forthwith.

I have asked my wife to make a total of all the charges for excess bandwidth usage and if I do not receive a satisfactory response from yourselves with a refund for the charges you have made I will without further notice make a formal complaint to the ombudsman and also consider county court action.

In addition there are several quite pertinent things that will also support our case such as the fact that amongst our bills are calls that were apparently made by us BEFORE we even had a phone line - which lends further evidence to my belief that you are not acting appropriately or capable of providing accurate billing. I'm sure that you will agree that there is no way on earth that activity such as that can be justified.
  • Hi moneysavergirl2,

If you could email me with your MSE username and your Primus account details and I can have a look into the correct package you should be on.

Spikey_w,

Again if you could also send me an email with your details and I can discuss any packages that may be suitable for yourself.

Kind Regards,
    Jo
  • Hi babble,

I am sorry you feel we have charged you incorrectly for you excess usage, I have sent you an email going into more details with the figures you have used over the last few months. I just want to advise that we do charge our customers for going over their broadband allowance. It is not something we hide and it is not something we do to make money, unfortunately we don’t have a way for customers to check on their usage themselves at the moment. We are looking into putting a system in place for our customers to check this in the future.

As we've said a few times, please if anyone is worried about going over their usage or has any other questions; please send us an email to onlineteam@newcalltelecom.co.uk

Kind Regards,
    Jo
  • c4charlie76
    c4charlie76 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    babble wrote: »
    I have asked my wife to make a total of all the charges for excess bandwidth usage and if I do not receive a satisfactory response from yourselves with a refund for the charges you have made I will without further notice make a formal complaint to the ombudsman and also consider county court action..

Babble, you'll get more sense banging your head against a brick wall.

Use a bandwidth meter on your PC/laptop, if there is more than one, you'll need to add it to all your machines, then add it up at the end of the billing month.

This is software that runs on your PC and monitors all upstream and downstream allowance and will be a much more accurate representation of what data you're using.

If you find you're not using over 20GB per month, you have more ammunition against Primus/NewCall. They have a duty to give you an accurate bill.

If you google "bandwidth meter" or "monitor my data", you'll see several programs you could use.
  • c4charlie76
    c4charlie76 Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2013 at 10:40PM
    Options
    Hi jo,
    I was with Primus for a few months, the service started off ok- no problems but after a while my internet kept loosing connection, it was constantly on and off, so I contact Primus who basically gave me the answer everything is ok our end and wasn't helpful at all, this still continued, I also then sent an email asking why I hadn't had a bill since October 2012, I could log in etc but it would only tke me to October 2012 yet we was in April 2013, again I had no help what so ever as I didn't even have a reply then after 3 times I was told they didn't know why, so fed up of the crappy service I was having with my internet I left Primus and explained to the guy on the phone the problems i had etc and that I wasn't happy, The next thing I know I have a letter saying need to make a payment of over £200 which i don't know why as I have been paying my bill each month as my bank statement will prove but I refuse to pay a big payment for a service that well sucked basically

I'm guessing Primus are trying to charge you for the remainder of your contract.

If this is the case, there are 2 things to remember.

1) Final bill is the remainder of contract MINUS v.a.t. Many companies try and add vat to the final bill, but in this country you only pay vat for goods and services received. If you are not receiving the remainder of your contract, you don't pay vat.

2) If the service "Was not as described", then Primus are in breach of contract, therefore you have the right to terminate the contract. Contact Ombudsman Services, a quick google search and you'll have their details.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport